What book(s) are you currently reading?

Options
charlottemmarks
charlottemmarks Posts: 61 Member
edited February 2016 in Chit-Chat
And what do you think of it? What books have you read recently that floored you?

I'm currently halfway through Hollow City (sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs) and absolutely love it. I just finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman and, while I enjoyed it, I couldn't help but feel it was a bit over-hyped and dragged a bit.

Replies

• Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    with my 11 year old we're reading Maze Runner series. Its okay, kid loves it. I'm reading The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood. Really enjoying it so far.
  • Splenda_Daddy
    Splenda_Daddy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on Night Chills by Dean Koontz.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Motive by Jonathan Kellerman
  • wmccarter33
    wmccarter33 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    "Just say whats on your mind"
  • GirlPowerFitness
    Options
    Captivated By You by Sylvia Day. It's a steamy romance.
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    The Good Girl by Mary Kubica
  • bootqueenmfp
    bootqueenmfp Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Bridget Jones mad about the boy..... Lol
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Generals, about Marshall, Patton, and Macarthur. Reading Dean Koontz Frankenstein series now.
  • clararandall
    clararandall Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    And what do you think of it? What books have you read recently that floored you?

I'm currently halfway through Hollow City (sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs) and absolutely love it. I just finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman and, while I enjoyed it, I couldn't help but feel it was a bit over-hyped and dragged a bit.

Wow really I'm reading the same thing. Actually I'm reading the first book again because it's been a while and I just got a copy of the second book
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I am reading In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex

I just finished The Girl on the Train. Was an excellent book.
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    sorauren wrote: »
    I'm reading The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood. Really enjoying it so far.

I was tremendously disappointed with this book :( and I usually love everything by Margaret Atwood!

Lately I have only been reading gardening books and magazines. Can't wait to get out and dig in the dirt. Only a few more months!
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I'm finally reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I decided to see what all the hype is about. I'm enjoying it, but not blown away.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend You by Caroline Kepnes. Don't even read the synphosis just dive right in. Its down right creepy and captivating.
  • _SpookyKitten
    _SpookyKitten Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I only read comics but im currently readinf
    Saga
    Chew
    Revival
    Trees
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. It's about two sisters during WW2. It was the most fantastic book. By far my favorite since I read the Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I know it's weird to love two books about birds. Lol. I wish I could have literary amnesia and go back and read them both again for the first time.
  • Birkah
    Birkah Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing The Aeronaut's Windlass by Jim Butcher and Three Slices by Kevin Hearne (gotta love short stories about divination by cheese). I have a long road trip coming up, so I'll probably re-read the Dresden Files novels on the way.
  • Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The Shadows by J.R. Ward. Just finished The King by J.R. Ward. Also thinking about re-reading Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series.
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    Currently reading "The Hiding Place". It's a true story about a family in Holland that his Jews from the Nazi's. Just started so too early to tell how good it is.
  • charlottemmarks
    charlottemmarks Posts: 61 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm finally reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I decided to see what all the hype is about. I'm enjoying it, but not blown away.

Keep in mind that the first novel appeals more to children - as the series progresses, the writing matures. It's a lovely story! Granted, I'm still on book 5, but still.

Also, You is on my to-read list. I read the synopsis, though... does, indeed, seem creepy!