Snakes

Options

Replies

• michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    anyone else have a BP on a hunger strike? ugh my girl is always the best eater and she has refused food going on two months now. she's done it this long one other time so I'm sure she's bound to give in soon but it always worries me
  • WYMANT0004
    WYMANT0004 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    anyone else have a BP on a hunger strike? ugh my girl is always the best eater and she has refused food going on two months now. she's done it this long one other time so I'm sure she's bound to give in soon but it always worries me

That is not terribly uncommon this time of year. As long as she looks healthy and is not drastically losing weight I would say you are fine. I once had a ball go on a 11 month strike and he was fine
  • mistym3193
    mistym3193 Posts: 7,641 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm officially freaked out. Ugh
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    mistym3193 wrote: »
    Ok, I'm officially freaked out. Ugh

Then stay out of the thread. Duh
  • FitGirl0123
    edited February 2016
    Options

Beautiful photo!
  • FitGirl0123
    Options
    id5frji4cffx.jpeg
    Here's my beautiful MBK. He's hard to take a pic of because he's still a baby and so fast! Lol
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    WYMANT0004 wrote: »

That is not terribly uncommon this time of year. As long as she looks healthy and is not drastically losing weight I would say you are fine. I once had a ball go on a 11 month strike and he was fine

Worst part is I buy live and am now taking care of a rat that she won't eat lol
  • WYMANT0004
    Options
    Bbg340 wrote: »
    Oh man! I'm pumped for you and definitely will be in your ear with questions about breeding!!!
    Knock on wood...no hunger strikes here

No worries, hit me up any time

Worst part is I buy live and am now taking care of a rat that she won't eat lol

I tried PMing you but got some weird error. I can offer you a somewhat delicate solution to the live rat issue. Try PMing me and I will see if I can just reply
  • FitGirl0123
    Options
    l8dwe6fx7mm7.jpeg
    So I ran across this funny picture I have in my album. This is when scenting goes wrong haha. I have a picky hognose that I used the anole to scent pinkies for and the little sucker got ahold of the pinky. Lol
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    O how adorable. I love them, beautiful creatures. Have looked into getting one myself but my boyfriend concerned it may eat the cats.
  • WYMANT0004
    Options

Some of those are really fun, I like #13

O how adorable. I love them, beautiful creatures. Have looked into getting one myself but my boyfriend concerned it may eat the cats.

Get one of the smaller species. The three most popular pet species are corn snakes, hognose and ball pythons. Corns max out around 4' and the diameter of a quarter. Hoggies might hit 3' and are not much bigger around than corns. Balls also tend to max out at 4' (with the rare "giant" maybe hitting 6') and are only about as big around as a soda can.

Really, there are only maybe 5 species that could get large enough to eat the cat (Burms, retics, anacondas and large specimens of BCC/BCI and carpet). And, if you are keeping them properly the snake and the cat should never come into contact with one another. Heck, my cat likes to hang out in the snake room (she is nearly hairless and likes the warmth) and I have more trouble with her going after the snakes.
  • FitGirl0123
    Options
    e8vc58i0ovr7.jpeg
    Lexie girl looking pretty
  • FitGirl0123
    Options
    pab6u39upfb9.jpeg
    Bella the princess
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Love them! Have 2, a ball python named Larry and a western hognose named BossHogg
  • mrs_mab
    Options
    pab6u39upfb9.jpeg
    Bella the princess

Beautiful hoggie how old is she?
  • mrs_mab
    Options
    Larry.jpg
    DoILookMean.jpg
    BossHogcolormix.jpg
    Dsc04016.jpg

• summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Bbg340 wrote: »
    Sitting here with my daughter while she holds her new snake. Anyone else into snakes?

We do love snakes but they are all deadly here!