6/20 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• jadam6
    jadam6 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Out of interest how many calories are you all burning during the 20 minutes? I have logged it as aerobics general and that has given me a total of 152 calories. Just wondering if that is about right. I have a garmin forerunner but that uses the gps signal and doesn't work for aerobics etc.

I tried it a few times a couple of months ago wearing a HRM. I'm 5'3, 184 lbs and I burned an average 185 calories. The least I burned was 160 and the most I burned was 210...just depended how hard I pushed myself.

Thanks :smile: it sounds about right then because I'm only 5'4 and I followed the beginner routine.
  • gettingthin03
    Options
    Out of interest how many calories are you all burning during the 20 minutes? I have logged it as aerobics general and that has given me a total of 152 calories. Just wondering if that is about right. I have a garmin forerunner but that uses the gps signal and doesn't work for aerobics etc.

I was told to log it under general circuit training. More accruate!
  • mbeth21
    mbeth21 Posts: 16
    Options
    Just finished 1st day of level 1..... wow those jumping jacks and jump rope moves were hard! I hope they get easier as it goes on. Good luck all!
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    The jumping jacks are the worst part of it, IMO. :grumble:

Day one done! Hope we can all walk tomorrow! :laugh:
  • shellrae1973
    shellrae1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Finished day 1 today! Not so bad, I suck at pushups, I have to do the modified version, I don't see that changing anytime soon.
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Great job to everyone that has started today on 6/20/2011!!

I managed to do the workouts using 5 lbs weights through all the strength exercises but had to do the modified push-ups.

The worst one for me were the ones where you squat and then extend the weights above your head as you come up. Ugh, those 8just about killed me.

On the up side, my boyfriend did it with me and I totally kicked his butt on the ab work! LOL He used 8 lbs weights tho, so I can't give him too much of a hard time! :wink:

Day 2 tomorrow! Lets keep this momentum going! Woooohhooooo!:laugh:
  • Cella30
    Options
    Great job to everyone that has started today on 6/20/2011!!

I managed to do the workouts using 5 lbs weights through all the strength exercises but had to do the modified push-ups.

The worst one for me were the ones where you squat and then extend the weights above your head as you come up. Ugh, those 8just about killed me.

On the up side, my boyfriend did it with me and I totally kicked his butt on the ab work! LOL He used 8 lbs weights tho, so I can't give him too much of a hard time! :wink:

Day 2 tomorrow! Lets keep this momentum going! Woooohhooooo!:laugh:

That's awesome, great job! I could barely get through the lateral raises with a squat using 3 lb weights so 5 is impressive! I can't do the push ups either, I did one rep as the girly kind and one rep against the wall (I heard this is more like a regular push up). I don't know about you, but I was sweating like a mofo by the end. I used my HRM and it clocked in at 200 calories burned in 27 minutes.
  • rlynn1150
    rlynn1150 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started today as well! I hope I can make it through all 30 days. I hope for some great results before I am in a wedding next month!
  • Tinan76
    Tinan76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm buying the video as I speak. I'm in!
  • Tinan76
    Tinan76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I logged it under circut training for 20 with a burn of 194.
  • erinjess03
    Options
    I'm totally in. I started Monday 6/20 and it kicked my butt! I'll need tons of support, I barely got through it!
  • dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I started 20th June as well!! Didn't cop this one as the title was 6/20 and we do our dates other way around ie 20/6 lol I did it using 3 lbs weights following the more advanced version,apart from the pushups which I could barely do at all!! It's 6am here in Ireland and I'm just up and the middle of my shoulder blades is feeling it!!! I'm thinking of trying the heavier weights today to see how I get on!! Good Luck everyone!!
  • iStace2000
    iStace2000 Posts: 42
    Options
    Great job for those that did a session today! I did day two today - gosh I found it hard!

I'm looking forward to the day when I can do proper push ups and not feel like I'm going to expire when I do those bicycle crunch things. :)
  • jadam6
    jadam6 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 2. Feeling quite stiff from yesterday so was tempted to give it a miss but glad I didn't. Can't do push ups either. Thanks Tinan76, I will log it as circuit training from now on x
  • Claire739
    Claire739 Posts: 114
    Options
    on on day 2 of level 2 today, just wanted to give some advice and say even though you are aching by around day 4 you will start to find it a lot easier so keep going!!!
  • gettingthin03
    Options
    I did day 1 on 6/20.......whew. I was huffing and puffing but it was not as bad as I thought. I hate the push ups and jump roping. A little sore today but looking foward to day 2 tonight!
  • abg0220
    abg0220 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started on the 20th also. Seems to be a good workout and a quick one to get in before work! Add me to the group!! I'd love the motivation and support!
  • bbecker613
    bbecker613 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    kept seeing this was the exercise everyone was doing.. checked it out .. bought it.. just waiting for it to come in the mail. cant start till july 4 but i think that will be a good day to start.. INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!
  • Cella30
    Options
    Just finished day 2. O.M.G. It was tough! I barely made it through the first circuit, which is the hardest in my opinion. My inner thighs are the most sore today. For all those people that think they are too sore to do it today, I encourage you to stick with it. By the end of it you'll feel much better. Plus I feel so goooood, like I could totally kick someone's *kitten*. ha!

On a side note, I'm supposed to go on a 8 mile bike ride tonight...I'm praying for rain. :laugh:

Great work everyone!

Ps. According to my HRM, I burned 203 calories.
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 this morning, wow, kicked my butt... shows how out of it I've been, but it felt great.. I think I was sweating after about a minute into it... Good job everyone, lets keep pushing to complete it!

8319415.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter