Oreo cookies? Ugh?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    Try boiling the life out of them. Maybe they'll suit your taste then.

Oh no you di'nt, lol! Seriously, my Nana was British, and as a child, I dreaded eating at her house. 30 years later, and 20 since her passing, I wish for one more tea at Nana's :'(

ETA: Oh, I can't pass up the chance to enter a cookie/biscuit argument. I'm American to the core, and Oreos are nasty. Except for the Cakesters, but they discontinued those years ago. I hate you forever and will never forgive you, Nabisco!

Cakesters were gross. I don't know anyone that ever liked those things. That's why they were discontinued...duh.

Oh forget the Cakesters (altho that didn't stop me from eating all the packages at one time when I bought them). The Hostess mini cupcakes were where it's at.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia and was most excited when they started selling them here. They're ok, just taste like your average chocolate bickie. I can think of a dozen better tasting biscuits.

Dark chocolate hobnobs

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Kimo159 wrote: »
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    They don't taste as good in recent years as they did, say 30 years ago. I look at that package and at the cookie and can remember the taste of it dipped in some milk ... then I eat one and it's just not there anymore. So I don't waste my calories on them any longer cause they are now relagated to my 'don't buy it again' list.

And they are regulated to my "Always buy" list. In fact I have sent my boyfriend to the store specifically to pick up Oreos as I had somehow forgotten to buy them at the store. Of course, he willingly obliged.

After reading this thread I've also decided that this week I'll have to make my frozen raspberry cheesecake with oreo crust. Noms.

I have a friend who uses Oreos crushed up as a crumb crust for her cheese cake also. Tasted it once and thought it was pretty good. Too bad the Oreos fall apart in my milk when I dunk them otherwise I still might buy them.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    rml_16 wrote: »
    So there's no crappy tasting food whatsoever in the UK? It is strictly an American thing? Okay. Gotcha. And Oreo's are delicious...

Well, sure. Brits, as you know, are known for their tasty food! British restaurants are on every corner of every city of every nation in the world, their food is so wonderful!

Right?

LOL!! So true. British food = UGH.

I do like fish and chips. And then there's.....ummmm....there's......

Whelp.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    jaynee7283 wrote: »
    You guys have the most yummiest foods/cookies over there, I would have thought Oreo's would rank low on the list. To me, they're just plain chocolate cookies.

Not anymore.

They have Cinnamon Bun, Red Velvet Cake, Chocolate Filled Cupcake, & the list goes on & on.

We currently have all of those in our house - the Chocolate Filled Cupcake ones are AWESOME. We actually currently have 14 containers of Oreos (my husband goes a bit nuts when he sees limited editions). We had 8 packages when I went out of town, and they had almost doubled by the time I got back. Including three of the CFC variety.

Now. That. Is. Awesome!

th?id=OIP.Ma78df47056357e2d4dfbf1e3359cfbf8H0&pid=15.1

This cereal needs to come back & so do these

th?id=OIP.M913160465fe1615e28366b640af6cdb0o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    jaynee7283 wrote: »
    You guys have the most yummiest foods/cookies over there, I would have thought Oreo's would rank low on the list. To me, they're just plain chocolate cookies.

Not anymore.

They have Cinnamon Bun, Red Velvet Cake, Chocolate Filled Cupcake, & the list goes on & on.

We currently have all of those in our house - the Chocolate Filled Cupcake ones are AWESOME. We actually currently have 14 containers of Oreos (my husband goes a bit nuts when he sees limited editions). We had 8 packages when I went out of town, and they had almost doubled by the time I got back. Including three of the CFC variety.

Now. That. Is. Awesome!

th?id=OIP.Ma78df47056357e2d4dfbf1e3359cfbf8H0&pid=15.1

This cereal needs to come back & so do these

th?id=OIP.M913160465fe1615e28366b640af6cdb0o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

That was the best cereal of all time. I'm so sad that it's gone.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha at the picture above lol
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Oreos and their derivative desserts are objectively amazing, but you're not looking for a discussion about that.

You've made your mind up, and you're just hoping a whole bunch of people agree with you so you can feel better about your preference. You're not hoping for a meaningful exchange. That's the very definition of a circlejerk, which is not useful.

And if you're trying to portray all those Brits over there as oh-so-sophisticated, well you're not doing a very good job. So take your "yummy biscuits" or whatever and get out. Don't talk *kitten* about my Oreos.

You rock!
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Clare0116 wrote: »
    What is so good about a sugary, black coloured biscuit with sugary white filling, neither having any flavour? Maybe you poor thing, have never tried yummy biscuits?

Are you kidding? Oreo cookies are one of the best memories from my childhood! Eating the white filling then dunking the cookies in milk was the best, especially on a hot summer day!.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    sbg211_oreo.gif
  • PunkDollx
    PunkDollx Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oreos are the *kitten* mega stuffed are the best
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Oreos are my midnight temptation.... :'(
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    rml_16 wrote: »
    So there's no crappy tasting food whatsoever in the UK? It is strictly an American thing? Okay. Gotcha. And Oreo's are delicious...

Well, sure. Brits, as you know, are known for their tasty food! British restaurants are on every corner of every city of every nation in the world, their food is so wonderful!

Right?

LOL!! So true. British food = UGH.

I do like fish and chips. And then there's.....ummmm....there's......

Whelp.

Check out the Great British Baking Show.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    AlphaCajun wrote: »
    You keep the Earl Grey, we'll keep the oreos.. And freedom. Murica.

While searching for an Earl Grey meme, I learned that Earl Grey cookies were a thing.

VF0104_earl-grey-shortbread-cookies_s4x3.jpg.rend.sni12col.landscape.jpeg

picardteaearlgrey.png

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

While searching for an Earl Grey meme, I learned that Earl Grey cookies were a thing.

picardteaearlgrey.png

Someone needs to change the Picard one to:

Oreos.
    Milk.
    Cold.
    I want them.

:)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    funny-oreo-cookies.jpg
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »

picardteaearlgrey.png

Someone needs to change the Picard one to:

Oreos.
    Milk.
    Cold.
    I want them.

:)

Affirmative.
  • Burger2066
    Burger2066 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Oreos are awesome. You get a treat every time you lift...
    3mXWsIm.jpg
  • girlonfire10
    girlonfire10 Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    191h06467eea9gif.gif
    hulk.gif

Reasons why you're wronger than wrong:
    1) Milk
    2) Ice Cream
    3) Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
    4) Oreo cheesecake
    5) Oreos
    6) Original Oreos, in particular
    7) Double Stuf
    8) Triple Double
    9) My wife's chocolate cookie cheesecake with Oreo crust and Oreos folded in and crumbled Oreos on top
    10) Milk
    11) Oreo balls
    12) Milk
    13) Cream filling
    14) They're literally so good that the Chinese sent spies to America to try to steal the secret recipe for the cream filling (true story)
    15) Oreo fluff
    16) Milk
    17) http://www.thedipr.com/
    18) Cookies and cream milkshakes
    19) Oreo McFlurries
    20) You can soak em in milk until they're soft and mushy then press em up against the roof of your mouth with your tongue
    21) You call em biscuits. Biscuits are bread that you put butter, jam and/or gravy on.
    22) Cream filling
    23) Chocolate
    24) Milk
    25) Oreo balls
    26) I can fit more of them in my mouth than you can and you're just jealous.

I'm in love with you❤️ you are my Oreo God...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    White fudge covered Oreo's are what I imagine heaven is. Trolly post! I don't like Jello and find it utterly repulsing but, I don't bother making a forum topic about it because everyone has their own opinions on food. None better than the other.

Those are the best!

Thank God those are only released around Christmas.

Right?! If they were always available I would be 9 trillion lbs.

A coworker ate three packs in one sitting.