What book(s) are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• lineley
    lineley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Currently reading The Gift of Imperfection by Brenne Brown and The Invisible Man by H.G Wells.
  • jefishin61
    jefishin61 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My sister had me read Maude. It's a biography about a girl growing up in the turn of the century. Very girly. Although I enjoyed it. .99 kindle
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    "What is Visible" -Kimberly Ekins

A fictional biography of Laura Bridgman. She was the first deaf and blind person that learned to communicate through her fingers. She only has one of her five senses..."touch."
    Fascinating read!
  • clararandall
    clararandall Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow really I'm reading the same thing. Actually I'm reading the first book again because it's been a while and I just got a copy of the second book

@clararandall If I was smart, I would've done that! I'm about halfway through Hollow City and just now remembering who each peculiar is.

@charlottemmarks that's why I'm reading it again I started hollow city and was drawing a blank so I stopped and picked up the first book for a review
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    about to start Room - Emma Donogue. this will be book 20 for me this year haha
  • joeross155
    joeross155 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Odd Thomas series, the host, the restaurant at the end of the universe (again) , and happy death - I'm one of those people who can't make up their mind.... So I read several XD

I loved the Odd Thomas series !
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. It's a great book for anyone who enjoys the Song of Ice and Fire series. The series is called The Gentleman *kitten*.
  • cjferguson40
    cjferguson40 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Khovde07 wrote: »
    The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. It's a great book for anyone who enjoys the Song of Ice and Fire series. The series is called The Gentleman *kitten*.
    The Lies of Locke Lamora is an excellent book! Totally agree.
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    lauranorr wrote: »
    Missoula by Jon Krakauer-rape scandal in Missoula, MT
    Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel- hard to tell exactly what's going on so far. Apocalypse and art?...

Both are very good.

I have Station Eleven on my list. Hope it turns out to be a good one!

Loved Station Eleven, one of my favourite reads of 2015. Have since bought it for 3 other people.
    Just finished Game of Thrones book 1.
    Currently reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options

Glad I'm not the only person with a book addiction. I normally read 8-9 books s month. :#
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    GymRatSF wrote: »

Glad I'm not the only person with a book addiction. I normally read 8-9 books s month. :#

if i start a book it practically needs to be finished in the same sitting. not quite sure if that's a good or bad thing really hah
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    GymRatSF wrote: »

if i start a book it practically needs to be finished in the same sitting. not quite sure if that's a good or bad thing really hah

You win! Usually takes me 2-3 days to finish. Too many other things going on to dedicate that much of my day to read.
  • runnerxtinaaaaaaaa
    Options
    sault_girl wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of sci-fi, especially of the dystopia or doomsday type, if anyone has read anything lately they would recommend, please advise!

Also, for any of the books that anyone is reading, would you mind giving a little one-liner to describe what it's about, or at least genre? Please and thank you!
    I recommend the Uglies series by Scott Westerfield for a good sci-fi read.

• L0VE3UG
    L0VE3UG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just finished "The Last Narco" so good. Relevant with Chapo being caught. A bit of a devils advocate after reading.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    the rosemary spell by zimmerman.

so good.
  • RUN_LIFT_EAT
    RUN_LIFT_EAT Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Just finished Morning Star by Pierce Brown.

This was the 3rd book of his Red Rising trilogy. As expected, it was fantastic and actually ended satisfyingly good! These books are a nice cross between technological space war and down in the mud fantasy. It's a cross between Peter F. Hamilton and Joe Abercrombie, in my opinion. (...and that's a huge compliment if you don't know those two authors!)

Here's a top 5 list of books I've read in the past 10 years or so (no particular order):
    -Ender's Game by Orsen Scott Card
    -The Martian by Andy Reid
    -Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
    -Unbroken: A WWII Story by Laura Hillenbrand
    -The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch

...moving on to a Brandon Sanderson Mistborn book next..

I've recently finished Unbroken, and the Martian. I may have to check out those others since obviously you have good taste in books!
  • RUN_LIFT_EAT
    Options
    The Fold
    Both by Peter Clines (in that order). Awesome books!
  • RUN_LIFT_EAT
    Options
    sault_girl wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of sci-fi, especially of the dystopia or doomsday type, if anyone has read anything lately they would recommend, please advise!

Also, for any of the books that anyone is reading, would you mind giving a little one-liner to describe what it's about, or at least genre? Please and thank you!

One Second After is a great book! Imagine life immediately after an EMP.
    The Survivalist Series (Arthur T Bradley). Life after the collapse.
    Going Home (and subsequent Series, by A. American) Same concept as above.
  • thehexenbiest
    thehexenbiest Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, the Peculiar Children books are SO good. I have the third one on my TBR pile and am itching to start it.

Currently I'm reading a German horror novel called "Klammroth" by Isa Grimm and in the car I listen to the audio book of "The Diviners" by Libba Bray. Both are quite good.

The last book(s) I really fell in love with were the Cormoran Strike murder mystery novels by Robert Galbraith. Again, the third one is waiting to be read by me soon.