New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    So I finally tried Ben & Jerry's dairy free pb cookies flavor, and have the coffee caramel one in my freezer waiting for me to try within the next few days hopefully! In my opinion, it wasn't good at all and I'm really hoping the next one is better. I thought the texture was fine, but my dad said it was chalky. I found the almond milk very overpowering in a bad way (I usually love drinking the stuff), and it had a weird aftertaste even my mother commented on (after looking at the ingredients maybe it was the pea protein, which I don't like to start with). The best part were the peanut butter swirls which we all agreed was fantastic, but it just needed way more of them! For the price and 290 calories per half cup, I will definitely not be buying this over another ice cream. I've never really been impressed by an almond milk frozen dessert though honestly, I wish they would have used coconut milk instead!

i8bjuqq6l04u.jpg

This makes me very sad to read - it's pretty much exactly my experience with other almond milk frozen desserts and I was hoping this would be better. I will still try it, though.

I think the reaction depends on if you are dairy free or not. Seems like people who can't eat real ice cream say its amazing compared to to other vegan ice creams. But people who can eat milk products, of course almond milk ice cream doesn't hold a candle to regular ice cream lol. That's just what I've seen.
  • di_763
    di_763 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    New to me ( but not a new product) - Oikos Triple Zero Yogurt. I bought several flavors and I tried and really liked Vanilla. The Salted Carmel was good as well, but not overly Salted Carmel-y. I thought the texture was really creamy...different than what I'm used to since u typically opt for Fage 2%. Chobani has a similar line as well, but I've not tried it. Has anyone? What did you think?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    di_763 wrote: »
    New to me ( but not a new product) - Oikos Triple Zero Yogurt. I bought several flavors and I tried and really liked Vanilla. The Salted Carmel was good as well, but not overly Salted Carmel-y. I thought the texture was really creamy...different than what I'm used to since u typically opt for Fage 2%. Chobani has a similar line as well, but I've not tried it. Has anyone? What did you think?

Which Chobani, the 100 calorie ones? I'm not fond of them. Too watery for me.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    For those of you spoiled enough to know what a wawa is, I strongly recommend these! Just tried them this morning and as a fan of their other cannoli dip and chips, I can say these blow their other versions out of the water (even the regular and the pumpkin)!!! Very tasty, although it could use a stronger coffee flavoring. 280 calories and worth every single one of them.

h7g48qcddi36.jpg

I usually just lurk on this thread but seeing this I just have to respond. I have to try these out on my next wawa run! Looks so yummy
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    med_new_caramel.ashx

High calorie, but really creamy & delicious!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Bought these at Giant today (not trying any until after Lent though)

dark-chocolate-caramel-sea-salt-200x250.jpg

torched-marshmallow-smore-RE-200x250.jpg

These were pricey at $6.99 a pint, but definitely cheaper than what I paid for Jeni's online last Easter.

Haagen Dazs (on sale for $3.50)

4056-thumb.png

Anyone try the sesame flavor?

4059.png

Talenti I bought these ($3.99):

caramel-apple-pie_Pint.png

I bought the new Key Lime Pie & Peanut Butter Pretzel

Once Ben & Jerry's goes back on sale I'll buy one or two of the Cinnamon Buns pints (not paying $4.99 for Ben & Jerry's though).
  • Francl27
    Options
    med_new_caramel.ashx

High calorie, but really creamy & delicious!

Oh man I want this.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I tried the blondie flavour today:

qa4jm9bc6f58.png

Not a fan. Way too sweet, but tastes nothing like a blondie. If I had to guess, I'd say it was trying to be a caramel flavour (but not succeeding). I ate it stirred into oatmeal with some pecans, and also tried a bit with water on its own. Definitely will not be purchasing it. So far, I've only liked the snickerdoodle one, which was good mixed with oatmeal. I've still got chocolate peanut butter and the vanilla one left to try.
  • mathandcats
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Double post... I also tried this today:

ecb774te1s46.jpg

It's a half size bar. It was really, really good! It's a bit weird to combine cookies and cream and caramel (the bar is cookies and cream, caramel on top, and then covered in chocolate), but it worked! This company also sells sugar free (sugar alcohol sweetened) chocolate, so their chocolate coating was quite good. I'm not really a fan of protein bars that try to be chocolate bars in general, since I usually find they aren't "treat" like enough to actually replace a chocolate bar, but don't seem "food" like enough to consider as part of a meal. Combat Crunch are alright, but I don't really buy them for this reason. However, this bar blew them out of the water! It could definitely replace a chocolate bar as a treat.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    http://www.dreamingcow.com/

These yogurts aren't worth the calories (122) & have hardly any flavor.
  • Francl27
    Options

ecb774te1s46.jpg

It's a half size bar. It was really, really good! It's a bit weird to combine cookies and cream and caramel (the bar is cookies and cream, caramel on top, and then covered in chocolate), but it worked! This company also sells sugar free (sugar alcohol sweetened) chocolate, so their chocolate coating was quite good. I'm not really a fan of protein bars that try to be chocolate bars in general, since I usually find they aren't "treat" like enough to actually replace a chocolate bar, but don't seem "food" like enough to consider as part of a meal. Combat Crunch are alright, but I don't really buy them for this reason. However, this bar blew them out of the water! It could definitely replace a chocolate bar as a treat.

I tried a few of their bars a couple years ago and loved them, but the store that carried them around here closed and I'm too cheap to pay for shipping on their site.

They came out with some cake batter protein powder that I want to try so badly though, lol.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

ecb774te1s46.jpg

I love these!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

ecb774te1s46.jpg

I tried a few of their bars a couple years ago and loved them, but the store that carried them around here closed and I'm too cheap to pay for shipping on their site.

They came out with some cake batter protein powder that I want to try so badly though, lol.

Do you mean the yellow cake? If so I've had and it is SOO good. It has chunks of "icing" in it that really make the flavor :).

The only flavor I didn't care for was red velvet, but I am not a fan of red velvet in general. I find it to be very boring.
  • di_763
    di_763 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    di_763 wrote: »

Which Chobani, the 100 calorie ones? I'm not fond of them. Too watery for me.

Yes, u almost bought those. Glad I didn't! Thanks for the info!
  • mathandcats
    Options
    I finally got around to trying Halo top. It's definitely more like ice milk than ice cream, but it's pretty good, especially for the calories! I'm definitely not going to eat a large serving at a time, given the sugar alcohols, but it was worth buying. I got the mint chip. The mint taste is very strong (perhaps slightly too strong even), but the chocolate chips were not that noticeable. I want to try the mocha chocolate chip and birthday cake ones, but I haven't seen them. It took weeks for me to see anything other than vanilla!
  • Francl27
    Options
    I finally got around to trying Halo top. It's definitely more like ice milk than ice cream, but it's pretty good, especially for the calories! I'm definitely not going to eat a large serving at a time, given the sugar alcohols, but it was worth buying. I got the mint chip. The mint taste is very strong (perhaps slightly too strong even), but the chocolate chips were not that noticeable. I want to try the mocha chocolate chip and birthday cake ones, but I haven't seen them. It took weeks for me to see anything other than vanilla!

Only seen vanilla and chocolate so you got me beat!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Sweet fancy, I need that Haagen Dazs toasted sesame brittle in my life.