Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Today I need to go to the grocery store & will definitely not buy any ice cream, but I might pick up a few Easter treats & hide them until Easter.

All I have left is one pack of shredded cheese, a few cans of beans (definitely don't want to eat beans everyday), a few prepackaged rice/casserole boxes, & protein powder/bars. I have chicken breast, chicken thighs, & that's pretty much it for meat.

I mostly will pick up vegetable sides I can eat for lunches, maybe some yogurt/cottage cheese to eat for a morning snack, cheese slices, frozen fruit, & perhaps some tilapia/ground beef.

You are doing good on wiping out your existing food! Great job! I couldn't have the candy in the house and not eat it. No way.

Thanks.

I still have a bit to go through, but I love that the stockpile is dwindling down rather than getting jammed packed with more food with the exception of necessities like vegetables, meats, & the basics.

Once I eat all my protein bars I'll make some recipes with the quick oats I have.

I want to try and make some healthy ones. Let me know if you have any good recipes.

Will do. I've tried one with quick oats, some cashew milk, Musclepharm (Combat Crunch bar company) Birthday Cake Protein Powder, & sprinkles. It's not too bad.

The only Lent goal so far I've failed is not buying processed junk food. I bought some Poptarts (Watermelon flavored blech), those P.B. Bites (so tasty), & today I bought ice cream (there was a sale at Giant & I threw it in the deep freezer so it won't tempt me).

I bought a few Talenti, Gelato Fiasco, some Ginger ice cream, & one Haagen Dazs.

Debating if I am going to exercise today since I feel like I am coming down with a cold. I might walk on the treadmill for around 20-30 minutes.

I took two Zinc pills today & I'm hoping it knocks the cold out.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    I feel like I should confess...I don't like Russell Stover eggs. :s

Russell Stover stuff tastes cheap and gross, I don't blame you!

Normally I agree, but the birthday cake egg is pretty awesome (it even has sprinkles-which I'm weirdly obsessed with)

Target didn't have it this year :(.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So far on Lent Challenge:

No ice cream
    No buying processed junk food like cookies, cakes, pies, ice cream, etc. (only cottage cheese)
    Exercised everyday (last Tuesday I considered pushing carts my exercise & Sunday only did like 2-3 minutes on the exercise bike since watching four kids is tiring & that counts haha).

A coworker bought some of the new Cupcake Filled Oreos & left them in the break room (since I didn't say I can't eat processed junk food other people buy) & I tried one. Total waste of calories!

Awesome job, Kelly!
    And...

No ice cream
    No buying processed junk food like cookies, cakes, pies, ice cream, etc. (only cottage cheese)
    Exercised everyday (last Tuesday I considered pushing carts my exercise & Sunday only did like 2-3 minutes on the exercise bike since watching four kids is tiring & that counts haha).

A coworker bought some of the new Cupcake Filled Oreos & left them in the break room (since I didn't say I can't eat processed junk food other people buy) & I tried one. Total waste of calories!

At least you know now before buying a whole package!

That's what I told a few coworkers haha!

Now I can save my money & buy something even better.

I'm hoping we get the Coldstone Creamery Eggs again this year!

Omg, these are are real thing?? :o

Wal-Mart has had these the past few years, but haven't found them yet this year. I remember the Cake Batter Cookie Bash egg was really good.

The eggs are more expensive around $5.00, but pretty big for the price you pay.

Ummm....who wants to send me a cake batter one??? Or bring it to Nashville? :smiley:

Although, at the moment I am doing really really badly. I can't stop eating. Anything and everything, all the time, mostly stuff that is bad for me. I'm on a real bad binge streak that i can't seem to curb. Coupled with a total lack of will to exercise. I don't even have to leave my house but i just cannot do it. I'm having a really bad week emotions wise, and its all i can do to get through work. i go home, eat (or stop on the way home and eat), go home and climb in to bed and cry. This emotions thing sucks.

Anyway, who is coming to Nashville?

You've been through A LOT, Nicci! Try to do your best to take care of yourself. HUGS!

And I am not coming to Nashville, because:

5nm2r4x7tjjk.jpg

ROAD TRIP!

ETA looks like you pass right through Kansas.... You could make it... with MO!

Where she'd pass through, is about 4 hours north of where I am. Also, April is Mr. Mo's birthday and I don't think he'd be cool with me ditching him for a road trip to Nashville. Plus, country music KILLS MY SOUL. Do you WANT me to die, POF? DO YOU?!!!

Nashville isn't all country music... I've probably heard more live classic rock and heavy metal than country in the bars downtown, it's all in finding the music you like. It's Music City.

But isn't the race you're doing centered around country music. The ONLY way I'd even CONSIDER doing it is if Mr. Mo was willing to go (which I'm pretty sure he's not going to want to run/walk a race for his 40th birthday) AND if I listened to my earbuds the whole time with Metallica, Linkin Park, Rage, and all the other heavy stuff that's for good for running to.

PS. I'd love to go meet you all, just not at this event; :o

It used to be called the Country Music Marathon, but I never remember hearing much country music along the course. Of course, I listen to my own music, too. LOL
    I totally get that you guys aren't about running, we'll just have to plan a future event. I actually did run a 10 mile race on my 40th birthday. Haha! Different strokes.

It's true - there's a huge amount of country music here, but my kids don't like country either and we've found a TON of non-country venues.

I only signed up on the promise of country music and live bands every mile

There's PLENTY of country music, I'm just saying it's possible to avoid it if you don't like it...
    And, there is a band at every mile. I ran the full marathon in 2006 and the half in 2015. There's a lot of talent along the course. ;)

Plus we can hang out in local bars every night and listen to country music.
    I have to confess I am with Mo on this one. Johnny Cash is great. There are occassional other songs I can tolerate. It is not the lyrics, its the music. I enjoy and appreciate almost every other type of music but country make my skin crawl. I am from rural America.

I like some of the '90's country, but nowadays I don't go out of my way to listen to it.

I usually either switch between classic rock, contemporary stations that play a wide variety, & oldie stations.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I had 2 french toast sticks with my breakfast and they were only meh. Only used a little bit of my 1.1 ounce cup of sugar free syrup, but I had logged the whole thing(all 10 calories). So yeah, you guessed it, I took it like a shot super-trooper-style and have no regrets! I hit 92lbs lost today, so I figured I could get away with it.

Congratulation on loosing 92 Lbs. That deserves a celebration!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I confess that I have become way too forgiving to myself when I have a bad day. I have never been one to say "I went 500 calories over today so I will stay 100 under for the next 5 days to make up for it" I have more of a "it's over and tomorrow is a new day" sort of outlook. It's led to more bad days than good lately. So I'm going to challenge myself in March. It's a daily goal challenge and this is how it's going to go. I have a list of 10 daily goals. For every goal I hit, I get a point. The challenge is to get 200 points in March. In order to do that, I'll need to average 6.5 points a day. I think it would be hard to make up a 0 point day. I'm hoping that I will start to string together more good days. Here are my 10 daily goals

1. Exercise
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay under calorie goal
    4. Hit protein goal but stay under carb goal
    5. Meet fiber goal
    6. Keep sweets to 150 calories or less
    7. Log everything
    8. Have at least 3 servings of vegetables
    9. Get at least 6 1/2 hours of sleep
    10. Play with my dog

I thought about making the 10th goal drinking enough water but playing with my dog seemed like more fun.

I start Tuesday, March 1

Opinions?

<3 this!

Keep us updated on how it goes!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »

No ice cream

Awesome job, Kelly!
    And...

No ice cream

Wal-Mart has had these the past few years, but haven't found them yet this year. I remember the Cake Batter Cookie Bash egg was really good.

Ummm....who wants to send me a cake batter one??? Or bring it to Nashville? :smiley:

Although, at the moment I am doing really really badly. I can't stop eating. Anything and everything, all the time, mostly stuff that is bad for me. I'm on a real bad binge streak that i can't seem to curb. Coupled with a total lack of will to exercise. I don't even have to leave my house but i just cannot do it. I'm having a really bad week emotions wise, and its all i can do to get through work. i go home, eat (or stop on the way home and eat), go home and climb in to bed and cry. This emotions thing sucks.

You've been through A LOT, Nicci! Try to do your best to take care of yourself. HUGS!

5nm2r4x7tjjk.jpg

ROAD TRIP!

Where she'd pass through, is about 4 hours north of where I am. Also, April is Mr. Mo's birthday and I don't think he'd be cool with me ditching him for a road trip to Nashville. Plus, country music KILLS MY SOUL. Do you WANT me to die, POF? DO YOU?!!!

Nashville isn't all country music... I've probably heard more live classic rock and heavy metal than country in the bars downtown, it's all in finding the music you like. It's Music City.

But isn't the race you're doing centered around country music. The ONLY way I'd even CONSIDER doing it is if Mr. Mo was willing to go (which I'm pretty sure he's not going to want to run/walk a race for his 40th birthday) AND if I listened to my earbuds the whole time with Metallica, Linkin Park, Rage, and all the other heavy stuff that's for good for running to.

It used to be called the Country Music Marathon, but I never remember hearing much country music along the course. Of course, I listen to my own music, too. LOL
    I totally get that you guys aren't about running, we'll just have to plan a future event. I actually did run a 10 mile race on my 40th birthday. Haha! Different strokes.

It's true - there's a huge amount of country music here, but my kids don't like country either and we've found a TON of non-country venues.

There's PLENTY of country music, I'm just saying it's possible to avoid it if you don't like it...
    And, there is a band at every mile. I ran the full marathon in 2006 and the half in 2015. There's a lot of talent along the course. ;)

I have to confess I am with Mo on this one. Johnny Cash is great. There are occassional other songs I can tolerate. It is not the lyrics, its the music. I enjoy and appreciate almost every other type of music but country make my skin crawl. I am from rural America.

Laura, honey, you know I love you, but Johnny Cash is much closer to Bluegrass than what passes for country these days. I can go the Carter Fold any warm Saturday night and here the music that is Johnny's roots. It's on June Carter Cash's family farm, about 25 minutes from my house. A.P. , June's father, asked my grandmother to pray for June because he thought she was making a mistake marrying Johnny. ( Mamaw agreed to pray for June, but only if A.P. would pray for Johnny. That's dome wisdom.) I know country from its roots up. Tennessee Ernie Ford went to my high school. Nashville might be Music City, but I am from the Birthplace of Country Music.

Edit: here should be hear and dome should be some. I can't type today...sorry

Awesome background. <3 . I guess I like bluegrass then. I was raised an hour drive from anywhere until middle school. However I was more fish hatchery and logging community than farming but I was among the farms and my parents own a little ranch.

Even though I am from the north, I grew up listening to country because my dad is from the south. Somewhere along the way, country became pop music. I loved country when they let ugly people make music in Nashville! I have watched the CMAs here and there over the years, and it has been taken over by blonds and dudes that spend a lot of money on their hair, fake tans, pearly white teeth, etc.! There are no more outlaws. It was much better when people like Johnny Cash, George Jones, Hank, Hank Jr., Conway Twitty, Charlie Pride, Loretta Lynn, Alabama, etc., were making music.

Agreed on this. What country I like is the older country, not the new stuff.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Today I need to go to the grocery store & will definitely not buy any ice cream, but I might pick up a few Easter treats & hide them until Easter.

All I have left is one pack of shredded cheese, a few cans of beans (definitely don't want to eat beans everyday), a few prepackaged rice/casserole boxes, & protein powder/bars. I have chicken breast, chicken thighs, & that's pretty much it for meat.

I mostly will pick up vegetable sides I can eat for lunches, maybe some yogurt/cottage cheese to eat for a morning snack, cheese slices, frozen fruit, & perhaps some tilapia/ground beef.

You are doing good on wiping out your existing food! Great job! I couldn't have the candy in the house and not eat it. No way.

Thanks.

I still have a bit to go through, but I love that the stockpile is dwindling down rather than getting jammed packed with more food with the exception of necessities like vegetables, meats, & the basics.

Once I eat all my protein bars I'll make some recipes with the quick oats I have.

I want to try and make some healthy ones. Let me know if you have any good recipes.

Will do. I've tried one with quick oats, some cashew milk, Musclepharm (Combat Crunch bar company) Birthday Cake Protein Powder, & sprinkles. It's not too bad.

The only Lent goal so far I've failed is not buying processed junk food. I bought some Poptarts (Watermelon flavored blech), those P.B. Bites (so tasty), & today I bought ice cream (there was a sale at Giant & I threw it in the deep freezer so it won't tempt me).

I bought a few Talenti, Gelato Fiasco, some Ginger ice cream, & one Haagen Dazs.

Debating if I am going to exercise today since I feel like I am coming down with a cold. I might walk on the treadmill for around 20-30 minutes.

Is zinc on the Bingo card this week?

ETA: Feel better soon. I woke up sick today too. :(
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

No ice cream

Awesome job, Kelly!
    And...

No ice cream

5nm2r4x7tjjk.jpg

ROAD TRIP!

Totally agree, although the lyrics do play a part for me. I didn't grow up the country. I have no experiences with combines, trucks, drinking in fields, etc. which tend to be lyrical themes. I also like songs that get my heartrate pumping, so hard rock is my first love <3

I knew I liked you!!!

Well, her name is Rachel... ;)

AND she owns a pittie! We'd be fast friends, for sure!

But rest assured, Quik. No one will ever take your place in my :heart: .
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I had 2 french toast sticks with my breakfast and they were only meh. Only used a little bit of my 1.1 ounce cup of sugar free syrup, but I had logged the whole thing(all 10 calories). So yeah, you guessed it, I took it like a shot super-trooper-style and have no regrets! I hit 92lbs lost today, so I figured I could get away with it.

Congratulation on loosing 92 Lbs. That deserves a celebration!

B-6
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Thanks.

I-14
  • tobistatler
    tobistatler Posts: 940 Member
    Options

Thanks.

Is zinc on the Bingo card this week?

ETA: Feel better soon. I woke up sick today too. :(

Sorry you're sick, I hope you feel better soon!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    @WestCoastJo82 I wanted you to know I mailed in my voter registration today. We MUST STOP DONALD TRUMP.

Now, of course, I have no idea who to vote for but I sure want to vote against him.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »

No ice cream

Awesome job, Kelly!
    And...

No ice cream

5nm2r4x7tjjk.jpg

ROAD TRIP!

Laura, honey, you know I love you, but Johnny Cash is much closer to Bluegrass than what passes for country these days. I can go the Carter Fold any warm Saturday night and here the music that is Johnny's roots. It's on June Carter Cash's family farm, about 25 minutes from my house. A.P. , June's father, asked my grandmother to pray for June because he thought she was making a mistake marrying Johnny. ( Mamaw agreed to pray for June, but only if A.P. would pray for Johnny. That's dome wisdom.) I know country from its roots up. Tennessee Ernie Ford went to my high school. Nashville might be Music City, but I am from the Birthplace of Country Music.

Edit: here should be hear and dome should be some. I can't type today...sorry

Awesome background. <3 . I guess I like bluegrass then. I was raised an hour drive from anywhere until middle school. However I was more fish hatchery and logging community than farming but I was among the farms and my parents own a little ranch.

Even though I am from the north, I grew up listening to country because my dad is from the south. Somewhere along the way, country became pop music. I loved country when they let ugly people make music in Nashville! I have watched the CMAs here and there over the years, and it has been taken over by blonds and dudes that spend a lot of money on their hair, fake tans, pearly white teeth, etc.! There are no more outlaws. It was much better when people like Johnny Cash, George Jones, Hank, Hank Jr., Conway Twitty, Charlie Pride, Loretta Lynn, Alabama, etc., were making music.

Agreed on this. What country I like is the older country, not the new stuff.

I like it all. Today would have been Johnny Cash's 86th? birthday (they announced it on the radio this am).
  • Oberon21
    Options

Congratulation on losing 92 Lbs. That deserves a celebration!

Ditto!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Thanks.

you are doing so much better than me. I have to get back to daily exercise. The vegan thing is going great. Its the weekend so I'll be good but I want to be good ALL THE TIME!
  • Oberon21
    Options

No ice cream

Awesome job, Kelly!
    And...

No ice cream

5nm2r4x7tjjk.jpg

ROAD TRIP!

I like some of the '90's country, but nowadays I don't go out of my way to listen to it.

I usually either switch between classic rock, contemporary stations that play a wide variety, & oldie stations.

Country today is now resembling old rock IMO. Although some are saying Chris Stapleton is bringing a return to more traditional country.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My dad plays harmonica.

I love this!
  • Oberon21
    Options

No ice cream

Awesome job, Kelly!
    And...

No ice cream

5nm2r4x7tjjk.jpg

ROAD TRIP!

Totally agree, although the lyrics do play a part for me. I didn't grow up the country. I have no experiences with combines, trucks, drinking in fields, etc. which tend to be lyrical themes. I also like songs that get my heartrate pumping, so hard rock is my first love <3

You are all misguided.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I confess that I have become way too forgiving to myself when I have a bad day. I have never been one to say "I went 500 calories over today so I will stay 100 under for the next 5 days to make up for it" I have more of a "it's over and tomorrow is a new day" sort of outlook. It's led to more bad days than good lately. So I'm going to challenge myself in March. It's a daily goal challenge and this is how it's going to go. I have a list of 10 daily goals. For every goal I hit, I get a point. The challenge is to get 200 points in March. In order to do that, I'll need to average 6.5 points a day. I think it would be hard to make up a 0 point day. I'm hoping that I will start to string together more good days. Here are my 10 daily goals

1. Exercise
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay under calorie goal
    4. Hit protein goal but stay under carb goal
    5. Meet fiber goal
    6. Keep sweets to 150 calories or less
    7. Log everything
    8. Have at least 3 servings of vegetables
    9. Get at least 6 1/2 hours of sleep
    10. Play with my dog

I thought about making the 10th goal drinking enough water but playing with my dog seemed like more fun.

I start Tuesday, March 1

Opinions?

I love this. I have totally missed my daily goals. Can I join in? Maybe not points, but go back to doing my daily goals?