30 Day Shred - Starting Around June 13th

Options

Replies

• Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and happy Monday! L1D7 is complete!! I think tomorrow I am going to try and complete the whole workout using 5lb weights. That is going to be tough considering I am still struggling with the squat and presses at the beginning. My shoulders are usually screaming at the end of the second set and that's only using 3lb weights. I'll give it a shot though and see how it goes. :smile:
  • liza8888
    liza8888 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! L1 D7 and D8 complete! I did do it yesterday but didn't go on the computer afterwards. The pushups are definitely still hard. I tried to do one regular one today without success. And the jump ropes and side lunges are still hard. Makes me feel like I'm doing something though. I lost 2 pounds since last Monday and I can tell that some of my shorts aren't as tight so I'm happy! Hula hooped for 15 minutes today too. 2 more days until Level 2! :happy:
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Did Level1/Day5 last night, just didn't post it then... (I was wore out!) :yawn:
    I succeeded in doing all of the side lunges without stopping. I've been using 2 lb weights for the side lunges, 3 lbs for squat presses & upped the ante to 5 lbs every where else. My lower back has a tight muscle on one side since Saturday (missed that day), so I really had to make sure my abs were pulled in the whole time last night to support my back better to prevent further soreness. (I think I succeeded) Still doing mostly girly push-ups, although I did give the full push-ups a few tries.. LOL!! I really need to get better shoes. Shape-ups are NOT the best for doing this workout!! :grumble: :laugh:

This week, hubby works nights, so gives me an excellent opportunity to go walk with my sister-in-law at the school track. There is a chance for storms the next few evenings, but all we need is a 40 minute window to get our walk done & it can storm all it wants before and after. :wink: It's easier to go when she is there, cause her daughters are willing to watch my youngin' for me while we walk, so I'm not stressed out wondering where she is the whole time. :heart:

Hope everyone has had an awesome day today!! :drinker:
  • MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    Somebody needs to tell JM that a "couple" means two. I don't remember which exercise it is, but she says "Just a couple more" when in reality, it's 4 or 5 :-)

Tomorrow will be my last day on level one. Yes, yes, yes!!

You guys are all doing awesome! So proud of us shredders!
  • peggy1209
    peggy1209 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    just finished day 15!!!

(JM does need to learn "coouple")
  • bergebl03
    bergebl03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    D7L1 complete...thank god...found the workout annoying today and just wasn't really giving it my all, can't wait to start level 2...it will hopefully be refreshing
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Level 1/Day 6... completed.

I really didn't want to do it tonight. But did it anyway. I'm glad I did, because that means that I'm still trying. :happy: It's not easy to get into it when your lower back is sore. :sick:

Another positive... I was able to hit the track with my sis-in-law. We walked at the school track here. Got in 2 miles. (at their pace, that's GOOD for me! :laugh: ) So that was an extra calorie burn for me. YAY! I don't run/jog due to a weak ankle. (I've had it since high school) A fast paced walk works for me. At least it's a little extra cardio. :bigsmile: Now to hit the shower... :heart:
  • kateminx
    kateminx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    L1D4 all done - thought this was supposed to get easier? Really feeling it during the jump ropes but not suffering afterwards - think I might up my weights to get a better arm workout.

Anyone doing the levels back to back - or is it wise to stick to the 10 day for each level rule?
  • liza8888
    Options
    Somebody needs to tell JM that a "couple" means two. I don't remember which exercise it is, but she says "Just a couple more" when in reality, it's 4 or 5 :-)

Totally agree! At least now I know she's lying so I don't get all excited that there are only two more :angry:
  • liza8888
    Options
    L1 D9 done! Glad I'm back to my morning routine today so I don't have to worry about doing it when I get home from work later. I did 15 minutes of nordic track afterwards so feel like I got in a good workout. One more day at level 1 :laugh:
  • ArlVAMom
    ArlVAMom Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    L1D4 for me. I am a bit behind you all, hope that is okay. someone said somewhere that if you get past day 4 it really gets better and it does! I also decided yesterday to train for a triathlon (yes I am crazy) so after doing Shred in the morning, I went out for a run/walk (C25K W3D1) yesterday as well! Nuts! The funny thing is my legs feel SO MUCH better after that run, they really needed to move and stretch.
    I am using 3 lb weights for most of it, using 8 lbs for the chest fly and some of the bicep curls. I hate the jump rope, it makes my legs cramp up, so I do Taebo-style side kicks for that part instead.
    I need to find my heart rate monitor and get a new battery for it!
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Did L1D5 last night and L1D6 this morning. I bought a new HRM. It is the new balance brand. I can't seem to figure out how to see how many calories I am burning. I will have to look at the instructions more tonight.
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Did D1L2 today..OMG this level is NO JOKE!!!! I had sweat pouring in my eyes druing the whole workout!!.I burned 284 caloriesand feel happy that it is over LOL
  • mackemshazza
    mackemshazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 9 of Level 1, I can walk and breathe again now, first 3 days killed me, I don't think I could swallow without it hurting.

I didn't think of upping my weights for the reps I find easy (chest flies) and I must be a right wuss cos I'm only using 2.5lb weights, hope I've not been wasting my time.

I'm very excited to only have one day left on Level 1 before I move onto Level 2
    My husband is excited he's working away when I start Level 2 "cos you b!tched and whined at Jillian for the 1st 3 days)

I do like to shout back at Jillian, especially when she says "why do we exercise both arms and legs at the same time" I shout "cos you are an evil woman who wants to see us in pain"

Hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I am, my plan is not to have any days off and to do 10 days on each level - is anyone else going all the way through like that?
  • liza8888
    Options

Hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I am, my plan is not to have any days off and to do 10 days on each level - is anyone else going all the way through like that?

That is what I'm trying to do too. Some of the days, I end up just doing the 30DS and nothing else so those are my "rest" days :laugh:
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    L1D9 done! ONE MORE DAY OF LEVEL ONE! Those that are in the same boat as me, we've GOT THIS! Let's work extra hard tomorrow and power through before we move on to level 2 on Thursday! Hopefully, some of you are going to join me in sharing measurements from the first level, because that keeps me motivated too!

I totally agree with Jillian needing to know what "a couple" means. Honestly, I'd rather you say 7 more than a couple because then my body starts like giving up because it thinks there's only two more of the exercise.

@Mackemshazza - HAHA! I was the same way the first 3 days of level one too and I expect to be grouchy towards her the first couple of days of level two as well!

@Jessicapages - Lol, I didn't think it was possible to sweat more than I did first level, but now you're scaring me! I wont have any fluid left in my body during level 2 at this rate!

To whomever wondering about how and when to switch levels or whose doing back to back or taking rest days.. etc, I'm doing the 30 days with no rest days, however, I might be forced to take 2ish days off around the 4th of July due to seeing family.. But, I'll pass that bridge when I get to it. I am doing 10 days on each level as well!
  • beckiboo
    beckiboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Family life has hot in the way and I've not done the 30DS for 3 days now :-( I'm going to struggle to fit it in before we go on holiday this Friday, so I've taken the decision to just wait until we get back and then start from the beginning again.

Good luck to you all! Make sure you update with pics and measurements so I can see how well you've all done :flowerforyou:
  • mormas
    mormas Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    woo hoo day 9 of level 1 complete !!

One more day of side lunges left, 21 days of Jilian (love her really)
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for one week and it just keeps feeling better. Today I was actually think wow that went fast. I am planning on changing to level 2 on Friday.

I put up my scale until Friday. Fingers crossed that I will have great progress through the remainder of this week.
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    D7L1 complete (missed 1 day due to an excruciating hangover and the fact that my dvd and equip. was home and I was out of town.) But it went great and I am really looking forward to pumping it up these next 3 days! can't wait to hit those end results!!! When I finish, it will be 2 weeks until my sons 2nd birthday. I want to be a part of the pictures this year. Last year I hid from the camera and in the pics someone did catch me in, I look HORRIBLE! Can't wait to compare. Im really having a lot of fun with the shred. I look forward to doing it every day. I don't want to miss any more days! so now, it will go with me EVERYWHERE haha! And no more drinking for me for a long while. I hope you all are doing great.