P90X

Options

Replies

• jokerrn
    jokerrn Posts: 51
    Options
    Good to hear you are finally off and running, GFR. I was out of town yesterday and today, but got chest/back and AR X in early yest morning and am off to do Plyo right now. Recovery drink should be getting here soon.

Jess, I don't recall being assigned a coach when I ordered...where would I have seen it?

Btw...went from 240lbs to 235 in the first week. Eating clean and bringing it during every workout. Can't believe I'm actually looking forward to Plyometrics. I must be crazy.
  • iamjeffb
    iamjeffb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've looked into this program and it looks awesome - only problem where the heck are you supposed to put a pull up bar close enough to see a tv/dvd player?

<sigh> I guess my choices are to have a very obtrusive bar hanging from the ceiling in the front room, or clean the garage out.... :noway: I think I'd rather give up bacon than clean the garage - oh wait I *did* give up bacon. :sad:
  • jokerrn
    Options
    I've looked into this program and it looks awesome - only problem where the heck are you supposed to put a pull up bar close enough to see a tv/dvd player?

<sigh> I guess my choices are to have a very obtrusive bar hanging from the ceiling in the front room, or clean the garage out.... :noway: I think I'd rather give up bacon than clean the garage - oh wait I *did* give up bacon. :sad:

The chin up bar that Beach Body sells (as well as others) fits inside a door frame. You just put it in the frame and you can take it down whenever. No drilling, etc. I am working out in the guest room and the door to the guest bathroom is right there, so it works out fine.
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    We got the bar from beach body and it works great in a door way. My hubby and I are on week 7 and love, love, love the program. Plyo is a burner OMG! I wasn't the biggest fan of the yoga and even that has grown on me.
  • Power
    Power Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    so how do you estimate your calories for input to the site? i get the Yoga, that is listed, but what about the chest and back days?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Good to hear you are finally off and running, GFR. I was out of town yesterday and today, but got chest/back and AR X in early yest morning and am off to do Plyo right now. Recovery drink should be getting here soon.

Jess, I don't recall being assigned a coach when I ordered...where would I have seen it?

Btw...went from 240lbs to 235 in the first week. Eating clean and bringing it during every workout. Can't believe I'm actually looking forward to Plyometrics. I must be crazy.

You should have gotten an email. If you didn't, let me know and I can help!

Great job on the 5# loss already! :bigsmile:

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options

The P90X chinup bar is easy to slide into your doorway & then take it down. I love mine!! And, mine is upstairs so I just pause the DVD to run up the stairs (I call it extra cardio- :laugh: ) for pullups. It's really not a big deal, Tony tells you to do as many as you can anyway so you can pause when you do pullups and then unpause when you're done. :wink: It has worked well for me, I could NOT do a full pullup when I started that's for sure!! Now... watch out when I'm near a pullup bar I'm doing pullups! :laugh:
  • gfr3228
    gfr3228 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Jeff, the only problem I had with the pull up bar is my door frames were too wide. It doesn't permanently mount and only catches on the trim on the opposite side and then gravity does the rest. Others probably don't have this problem since my house was built in 1948. The bar is very high quality and I would buy it again.
  • gfr3228
    Options
    I always wear a heart rate monitor and then subtract my baseline calorie average to get the actual calories burned. Even though many of the activities are listed, everyone is going to burn calories differently. My monitor is consistent but probably shows more calories burned that actually are because my heartrate is always high when I work out.
  • gfr3228
    Options
    Shoulders and Arms today along with Abd x. Trying to stay within my limits this week to prevent injury they give good workout, I'm still sore, but they don't hurt as much as I thought. Well all except the abdominal work! Plyometrics was a blast, although I still felt like I should run afterward. Had an apartment fire 20 minutes after plyo though so didn't get any other in, nor did I want anything else. Woke up this morning and I was definitely feeling it. So far, it's GREAT!

Still holding up Joker?
  • jokerrn
    Options
    Shoulders and Arms today along with Abd x. Trying to stay within my limits this week to prevent injury they give good workout, I'm still sore, but they don't hurt as much as I thought. Well all except the abdominal work! Plyometrics was a blast, although I still felt like I should run afterward. Had an apartment fire 20 minutes after plyo though so didn't get any other in, nor did I want anything else. Woke up this morning and I was definitely feeling it. So far, it's GREAT!

Still holding up Joker?

Still going strong. Actually down 10 lbs in the first 9 days. Was too busy to get my workout in today, so have to do Shoulders and Arms + ARX tonite after my son goes to bed. Heading out of town tomorrow through the weekend, but think I can still get all the workouts in...switch Legs and Back to tomorrow morning since I need the equipment and then do Yoga X and Kenpo X on the road this weekend.

Thanks for asking.
  • gfr3228
    Options
    Great job, shoulders and arms is a great workout and a lot closer to the types of exercises I'm used to, although there are some pretty original moves in there! I'm doing yoga tomorrow, and flexibility is one of my weaknesses, definitely intimidated by the thought of 1.5 hrs! Have a good trip and keep up the good work. We'll check back in next week.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Great job, shoulders and arms is a great workout and a lot closer to the types of exercises I'm used to, although there are some pretty original moves in there! I'm doing yoga tomorrow, and flexibility is one of my weaknesses, definitely intimidated by the thought of 1.5 hrs! Have a good trip and keep up the good work. We'll check back in next week.

Shoulders & Arms is one of my favorites... the glamour muscles!! Love the static arm curls, crouching cohen, alternating shoulder presses, etc. Great workout! You can do it, at least make it through the first 50 min of Yoga (vinyasas).
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Still going strong. Actually down 10 lbs in the first 9 days. Was too busy to get my workout in today, so have to do Shoulders and Arms + ARX tonite after my son goes to bed. Heading out of town tomorrow through the weekend, but think I can still get all the workouts in...switch Legs and Back to tomorrow morning since I need the equipment and then do Yoga X and Kenpo X on the road this weekend.

Thanks for asking.

Great job!! Men always lose weight so much faster, not fair! :grumble: Sometimes you've gotta switch up the workouts, you're doing great! Have a good trip!
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    I just started the lean version of P90x and am on the second day. I was hoping to do some yoga at night as a little extra boost but the dvd doesnt work:cry: . Unfortunately I bought mine new on Ebay so Im pretty sure I can't get an exchange....
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I just started the lean version of P90x and am on the second day. I was hoping to do some yoga at night as a little extra boost but the dvd doesnt work:cry: . Unfortunately I bought mine new on Ebay so Im pretty sure I can't get an exchange....

If you bought them on ebay then no they are not guaranteed from Team Beachbody... sorry!
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    Would love to hear monthly results of weightloss on the program from everyone....especially the women :tongue: My goals are to lose 20-30 lbs and tone up for a bunch of weddings I have to go to in June. Any tips?
  • cjbranson
    cjbranson Posts: 121
    Options
    Would love to hear monthly results of weightloss on the program from everyone....especially the women :tongue: My goals are to lose 20-30 lbs and tone up for a bunch of weddings I have to go to in June. Any tips?

I'm on day 13 today and have dropped 6lbs so far so I'll post my monthly total later I guess :smile: . What day are you on?

christinabranson.blogspot.com
    branson90x.blogspot.com
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Well, I only lost about 6# but lost a LOT more inches and gained a lot of muscle definition. I completely changed the shape of my body!! I NEVER had muscle in my upper body before and now I can do full pullups and tons of pushups on my toes. I get complimented a lot on my arms now and love wearing tank tops! You will look great in a strapless dress by June!! My hubby has lost 17#, it seems that men lose faster w/ P90X. Not fair, but that's how it seems to work! :laugh:
  • danahub
    danahub Posts: 10
    Options
    im trying to find out what this p90 is