Weight loss supplements...

Options
Does anyone on here use them? If so what is your take on them and what do you use?

Replies

• eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    caffeine. Works great :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    No. I've taken a few different kinds a few years back, they don't work. The best thing to do is to plug your information (weight, age, height, activity level) into MFP and eat the amount of calories it gives you per day.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    no. they are all marketing gimicks to get your money. they dont work. what works is learning to eat the right amount of the right foods.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    What kind of weight loss supps are you asking about? Pre-workout? Protein? Shakes? Vitamins? Thermogenics? Or specifically "fat burners"?
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Yes use Legion Phoenix daily and Legion Forge and BCAA if I'm exercising in a fasted state. What I will tell you is these are not magic and really only add a little to a good diet where you are in a calorie deficit and already losing. You might see some slight increase in losses.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    If there was anything that really worked, no one would be overweight.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I put apple cider vinegar in my crockpot BBQ pulled pork recipe. Does that count?
  • missb121787
    missb121787 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lolol i think ur pulled pork sounds Awesome right now
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I loved my results so far already and decided to join and be a distributor... Im not saying that to sell u anything, im saying THATS how much confidence i have in thus stuff. Its changed my life in just the 3 weeks i have been going.... Do u take anything?

Your confidence notwithstanding, can you provide any clinical evidence that these products 'work'?
  • amandamo1989
    amandamo1989 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not currently taking anything but I see a lot of testimonies to itWorks so kinda of leaning towards that just not 100% sold
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    If the weight loss supplements do work, what do you think will happen when you stop taking them? You'll gain everything back. It's better to learn how to eat with MFP.

Also, a distributor for 'it works' contacted me a couple months ago to ask if she could use my before and after weight loss pictures and say it was her products that did it so don't believe all the 'it work's' testimonials.
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    anything you are considering taking you need to look up at http://examine.com - you will see nothing really works beyond caffeine. There are no fat burning pills. There are no fat blocking pills. Everything sold by the diet industry in terms of this is a scam or at best unproven.
  • JourneyToHealthierMe
    JourneyToHealthierMe Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Save your money and dont fall into that trap. For the most part some sups are just marketing gimmicks and only benefiting the person selling them :-) You can do this just by counting calories and watching what you eat. What I do recommend is getting a good vitamin source so that your body has backup resources for what you are losing until you get your diet balanced. :-)
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Seriously think for for a moment. .....I. mean seriously think with the rational part of your mind......if these things DID ACTUALLY WORK .....would we be here and more importantly would anyone EVER be fat??? ..
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Except for Alli and/or Belviq, which are both prescription meds, everything over the counter is just made to assist in an already healthy exercise and nutrition plan. Same with exercise equipment. Ever see that commercial for the new Bowflex machine? Says you can burn a few hundred calories in like 12 minutes? LOL! Maybe you can but have you ever purchased a Bowflex system? It comes with a book that highly recommends a specific diet plan to follow while you're using the Bowflex.
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    As people have said, if there were a fat loss pill that actually worked *everyone* would know about it and you wouldn't need to be searching around internet forums to hear about them. They are all placebo, as they all suggest that you use them in conjunction with an exercise and diet program, which are the things that *actually* lead to weight loss, without the pills.

Be careful of people trying to sell Multilevel Marketing products.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    eeejer wrote: »
    anything you are considering taking you need to look up at http://examine.com - you will see nothing really works beyond caffeine. There are no fat burning pills. There are no fat blocking pills. Everything sold by the diet industry in terms of this is a scam or at best unproven.

^All you need to know about weight loss supplements. The positive reviews you see for fat burners will be biased and/or placebo effect.* They do nothing.

*(Eta: lies. I forgot about straight-up lies.)
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    The two that drive me absolutely crazy are Juice Plus and Shakeology. Both of those companies care way more about you selling their business and their bottom line than they do their actual customers!
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I just bought mine. Im currently taking "greens" but procrastinating on the thermo fit supps. do they make you feel jittery? suppress appetite? how long have you had them and how are the results thus far?
    I am on thermofit & fat fighters from itWorks and so far its been amazing....

• NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    No, because my metabolism is already messed up due to an underactive thyroid, so why mess with it more? More importantly, I lost a family member to complications resulting from taking diet pills. The damage they did to her lungs required a double transplant, and she did not survive the procedure. That happened back in the 1990s, & while I realize that particular drug has since been banned, it was a lesson learned the very hard way to leave all of those things alone - just do the work.