Protein.. name yours

Hi, i read a lot on here about the importance of proteins, high protein diets etc & just wondering how you get yours?? Chicken seems to be my main source, not intentionally, I just enjoy it & its something the whole family will eat. And yours..??

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Beef mainly.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Eggs, tuna, and cheese for me!
  • MogMog_2
    MogMog_2 Posts: 62 Member
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Eggs, tuna, and cheese for me!
    I forgot about tuna, eat quite a bit of that too (albeit out of a can, not fresh tuna steaks) :p
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Meat, fish, beans and lentils, dairy, eggs, grains, nuts and seeds, vegetables. Do you want me to list everything? lol
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    We raise chickens, both meat birds and laying hens, so chicken and eggs are eaten frequently, but we also eat a lot of venison and fish (all sorts). I eat beans and nuts daily.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I wish I liked tuna.

For me it's Greek yogurt, eggs, deli meat, chicken, beef, pork, shrimp, fish (usually cod or salmon), veggies, then extra from cheese, beans, low carb tortillas, and nuts. And a bit of protein powder once in a while.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Chicken, pork, beef, legumes, eggs, dairy, and the occasional protein bar (whey based) and fish. I eat all the proteinz, lol.
  • Dreven1989
    Dreven1989 Posts: 17 Member
    I love Turkey personally. Usually very lean, slow cook its tender as anything
  • WeekendWarriorTX
    WeekendWarriorTX Posts: 1,844 Member
    beef, chicken, pork, fish, quinoa, greek yogurt, protein shakes, cheese
  • MogMog_2
    Meat, fish, beans and lentils, dairy, eggs, grains, nuts and seeds, vegetables. Do you want me to list everything? lol
    Yes if you could that would be great.. ;) ( im being sarcastic) grains, nuts & seeds really don't appeal to me but I think its something I should work on. Thanks.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    I won't be listing anything that hasn't already been mentioned but my main ones are chicken and greek yogurt. After that would be nuts, seeds, and dairy.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    MogMog_2 wrote: »
    Yes if you could that would be great.. ;) ( im being sarcastic) grains, nuts & seeds really don't appeal to me but I think its something I should work on. Thanks.

Well grains, nuts, and seeds are not the best sources of protein anyway.
  • MogMog_2
    Dreven1989 wrote: »
    I love Turkey personally. Usually very lean, slow cook its tender as anything
    turkey! Forgot that one too. I find it a bit dry sometimes but thats probably down to me overcooking it. Thanks.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    My faves:

Chicken
    Shrimp
    Salmon
    Steak
    Turkey
    Black beans
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Steak! Steak steak steak.....damn, now t hat's what I want for dinner! XD
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    edited February 2016
    Chicken, salmon (mainly those pouches), eggs, whey protein powder, Quest protein bars
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Almonds!! Good lord, what a great breakfast. Also fish and turkey.
  • MogMog_2
    My faves:

Chicken
    Shrimp
    Salmon
    Steak
    Turkey
    Black beans
    Chicken & green peppers in black bean sauce.. best.meal.ever

• Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Chicken, fish of all kinds, turkey, eggs, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, the occasional Quest bar and powder after a workout.
  • MogMog_2
    dubird wrote: »
    Steak! Steak steak steak.....damn, now t hat's what I want for dinner! XD
    haha sorry!