"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I get it @brandi. There have been others on this thread that did the same a couple of years back. Don't feel guilty.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. So I didn't mention it last week, but on Friday I got another assessment on my knee because it just didn't feel "right" to me in the healing process. Sports doc recommended me to get another MRI but with the latest one (GE 3T) and new software. I did that on Saturday. Got the news yesterday that I DO have a meniscus tear and a 3rd degree sprain to my PCL. So Monday I go in for evaluation on how it's to be repaired by surgery. Ugh.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: shoulder- military presses, side laterals, bent over rear laterals, front laterals. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell last night.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff, I'm so sorry about the knee. Hope it all happens quickly and you recover nicely!

Happy Hump Day everyone...........not around much right now because of the upcoming wedding.....two more days! I'll be back around by Sunday and back to the gym soon. Burning lots of calories running around like a crazy lady though!

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. So I didn't mention it last week, but on Friday I got another assessment on my knee because it just didn't feel "right" to me in the healing process. Sports doc recommended me to get another MRI but with the latest one (GE 3T) and new software. I did that on Saturday. Got the news yesterday that I DO have a meniscus tear and a 3rd degree sprain to my PCL. So Monday I go in for evaluation on how it's to be repaired by surgery. Ugh.

Ugh. Sorry about the knee. Crossing fingers it's a speedy recovery.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day!

Krav Maga class tonight.

Circuit 4 rounds of:
    Rowing 250 m.
    Bulgarian split squat jumps (left only) 6 reps
    Barbell overhead sit-ups 9 reps@45 lbs
    TRX 180 degree jumps 10 reps.

Assessment: calories & macros on track.
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Did chest day and some cardio:

Chest:
    Bench Press - Incline Dumbbell Press - Incline Dumbbell Flys - Isolation Flat Dumbbell Presses - Dips

Cardio (Treadmill):
    1 mile at 6.5mph
    1 mile at 7 mph
    0.25 mile walk
    0.25 mile sprint at 10.5mph
    0.5 mile jog at 6mph

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff Sorry to hear that about the knee. Hope all goes well!
    @brandiuntz We'll miss your workouts, but I do get where you are coming from. You can check in on us if you want.... we won't kick you out!

YES I'm behind the curve again!

Monday cardio: 16 miles at an average 16.5 MPH on the bike. Not bad for an old fart on a beat up mountain bike!

Tuesday: Some arm and shoulder work. Stopped short due to my back still being stiff. I'll call it a 1/2 effort.

Wednesday: Just 5 miles walking with the wife.

Assessment: Doing good, actually eating at a slight deficit so far this past week.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday!!! 4 clients this morning and 3 tonight. Mow the lawn today!

Cardio: biking riding- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Hamburger helper last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Welcome Fabian!
  • ltworide
    Options
    Happy Thursday & Welcome Fabian!

Cardio:
    Skipping 4x3mins.
    Bosu T drill 2x10
    2 bosu lateral lateral step w/crossover & bosu hold 4x5/side
    Bosu reverse lunge to step up w/hip flexion & 1 arm kettlebell press bottom up 2x5/side

Strength:
    Barbell OHP@70 lbs. 2x3@70lbs; 1x2; 2x3; 1x2
    Trap bar deadlift 6x2@245 lbs.
    Pull-ups shoulder width grip 1x2; 1x1
    Pull-ups parallel grip 2x4; 1x3

Assessment: calories & macros on track. Chicken & sweet potato fries for dinner
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Had a good day with some strength gains and hypertrophy work
    Arnold presses 1x14 2x8 1x6
    Side lateral raises 2x12 2x9 plus drop set
    Seated rear delt flys 3x12 top portion reps, helps me really concentrate on the delts without swinging
    Pronated front delt raises 2x14

Deadlifts 2x8 warmup sets 2x6 working sets then 1x1 for a new PR!
    Followed by some slow squeeze rep shoulder shrugs 3x10

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy LCW and TGIF! 4 clients this morning then off the rest of the day. It's overcast today so I may not get to ride, but if not, I'll figure something else out.

Cardio: biking 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: core

Assessment:Panda Express last night.
  • ltworide
    Options
    TGIF!

Cario: led a circuit class today.
    Strength: none. Resting up for tomorrow's 2.5 hour long gun & hand gun defence class for Krav Maga. Looking forward to it.

Assessment: calories under. Low in carbs today, fat & protein macros met. Halibut, shrimp & sprouted lentils for dinner.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I'm not a full day late on my check in this time!

Thursday strength: Blasted the arms and shoulders good. Massive dips, OHP, curls, reversed grip curls

Friday cardio: quick warm up, then 7.2 miles in 1 hour on the elliptical. PR distance and machine estimated calorie burn of 1007 calories.

Have a fun and safe weekend everyone!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Going to Vallejo later to kick it with my FIL.

Cardio: biking- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: IHOP last night. I just had a BLT.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 2 clients this morning then 4 tonight. After yard duty I go to the orthopedist to get information and set my appointment for surgery on my knee.

Cardio: stairmaster- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: back- high pulldowns, one arm rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pushdowns. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pizza for dinner.
  • luluinca
    Options
    I'm back after a fabulous wedding weekend for our daughter and lots of walking but no real exercise.

Cardio: Got out this morning before the rain hit and put in a 3 mile walk/run with half of it running (1.5 miles). Gym day tomorrow for strength!

Assessment: Didn't really eat that much but what I ate wasn't necessarily all that healthy. Back to normal this week though.
  • ltworide
    Options
    @luluinca Glad to hear the wedding went beautifully for your daughter!

Had a good weekend at the Krav Maga long & hand gun seminar. I'm sporting a few new bruises, just adding to my existing collection.

Today I did some yoga & have my regular Krav Maga class tonight. No strength work.

Assessment: calories & macros under. Leftover chicken & pork for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 2 tonight. Well the good news is that ortho wants to hold off on surgery. Based on my MRI, the most serious issue is my MCL (which almost detached) which is likely the reason for my knee not feeling right. He said he could be aggressive and surgically repair the menicus, but that won't solve the recovery that my MCL needs. So he wants me to heal up another 2 months and then reassess from there. So more rehab time I guess. Based on the MRI, an injury like this to an athlete would put them out for the season. So I guess 8 weeks was just enough to get it to feel somewhat normal again. See what happens in another 8 weeks.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, dumbell flat bench, machine flyes, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork chops.
  • luluinca
    Options
    @ninerbuff, I guess that's good news. Sorry the recovery is taking so long. It makes sense to avoid surgery if at all possible I think.

It sure felt good being back in the gym this morning. Still having shoulder issues which is impairing the kind of workouts I want to do but I'm still getting upper body in. Two and a half more weeks of therapy for me and then back to my ortho. I'm not terribly encouraged with how things are going so I guess we'll see what he has to say on the 22nd.

Cardio: 15 min run....slightly over 1.25 miles.

Strength: 20 min calisthenics warmup including good mornings, goblet squats, physio ball pikes and bridges, planks, decline situps/scissors/leg lifts, back extensions, stairmaster. 15 min shoulder rehab. 40 min strength training including leg press <single leg warmup 1X12 @130 lbs, 1X10 @180 lbs, dbl leg 1X12 @310 lbs, 1X10 @400 lbs, 1X8 @450 lbs and 1X8 @470 lbs>, back squats <1X8 @45 lbs, 1X5 @65 lbs, 2X5 @85 lbs>, 3X8 shrugs @95 lbs, 3X8 single arm bench row w/30 lbs, 3X10 hip thrusts w/55 lbs, 3X10 wood chops w/27 lbs and 3X10 stepups.

Assessment: We've finally gotten rid of or frozen the rest of the party food so back to our normal fare!