New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• rgbmore
    rgbmore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    stealthq wrote: »
    Not exactly a food product, but...

t0it2sr7w9ar.jpg
    I ordered this from Amazon last week, and I've been experimenting with it for the past few days. I love it! It makes perfect black beans in 15 minutes, perfect steamed potatoes in 5, and flawless bone broth in 2 1/2 hours! It gels and jiggles like Jell-O and everything!

It also cooks rice, sautés, slow cooks, and makes yogurt. I haven't tried the yogurt setting yet, but I'm planning on trying that this weekend. It's also super quiet, easy to clean, and doesn't omit any smells! Totally worth the $94 I paid!

I got one for Christmas and I love it. It even works really well for risotto.

I think it's going to be my birthday present lol... I hate cooking potatoes and I suck at making rice.

It makes making rice a BREEZE. Also, most slow cooker recipes can be adapted to the pressure cooker. I've had mine a month and half and use it almost everyday, and I was very skeptical.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    rgbmore wrote: »
    Not exactly a food product, but...

t0it2sr7w9ar.jpg
    I ordered this from Amazon last week, and I've been experimenting with it for the past few days. I love it! It makes perfect black beans in 15 minutes, perfect steamed potatoes in 5, and flawless bone broth in 2 1/2 hours! It gels and jiggles like Jell-O and everything!

It also cooks rice, sautés, slow cooks, and makes yogurt. I haven't tried the yogurt setting yet, but I'm planning on trying that this weekend. It's also super quiet, easy to clean, and doesn't omit any smells! Totally worth the $94 I paid!

I got one for Christmas and I love it. It even works really well for risotto.

I think it's going to be my birthday present lol... I hate cooking potatoes and I suck at making rice.

It makes making rice a BREEZE. Also, most slow cooker recipes can be adapted to the pressure cooker. I've had mine a month and half and use it almost everyday, and I was very skeptical.

Well I blew my birthday/Christmas budget for a couple years so it will be a while before I buy one, lol. But I'll check sales at Thanksgiving I guess!
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Also saw this on the impulsive buy:

d05xw3b6pj8k.jpg

I've not tried Yasso bars yet, since I bought Halo Top and those Tillamookies last time (and my freezer is small), but I definitely want to try these! I love cookies and cream!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Also saw this on the impulsive buy:

d05xw3b6pj8k.jpg

I've not tried Yasso bars yet, since I bought Halo Top and those Tillamookies last time (and my freezer is small), but I definitely want to try these! I love cookies and cream!

Yeah I'll have to try them too. Didn't like the caramel ones or coconut at all, but the fudge is good.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    24322847165_ced35c502d_z.jpg
    I tried the pineapple kiwi. It's not my favorite, but it was pretty nice.

I only have blueberry cucumber and lemon zucchini left to try.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Anyone try these?

24652672020_0cd8e4ebcd_z.jpg?resize=640%2C388&ssl=1

24985955221_33b8fa048f_z.jpg?resize=640%2C480&ssl=1
    I'm waiting until after Easter to try the carrot cake Kisses. I can't resist the carrot cake flavors.

• mathandcats
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    24322847165_ced35c502d_z.jpg
    I tried the pineapple kiwi. It's not my favorite, but it was pretty nice.

I only have blueberry cucumber and lemon zucchini left to try.

I had their free Friday coupon for one of these. I didn't really know what they were, but when I saw the flavours in store... I passed.
  • di_763
    di_763 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    di_763 wrote: »
    I bought Quest Peanut Butter protein powder last night...impulse buy. I had hoped to pick up a sample at Vitamin Shoppe, but they didn't have PB. I will give it a taste today....keeping my fingers crossed (I love peanut butter, so this could potentially rock my world). xmmrawe3k0de.jpeg

If you don't mind the sweet, you'll probably like it fine - it has a nice but not super strong peanut butter flavor. Personally, I just can't handle the overuse of sweetener.
    I bought Quest Peanut Butter protein powder last night...impulse buy. I had hoped to pick up a sample at Vitamin Shoppe, but they didn't have PB. I will give it a taste today....keeping my fingers crossed (I love peanut butter, so this could potentially rock my world). xmmrawe3k0de.jpeg

If you don't mind the sweet, you'll probably like it fine - it has a nice but not super strong peanut butter flavor. Personally, I just can't handle the overuse of sweetener.

It's my impression with the salted caramel too... bit too sweet for me. But I really like the vanilla and chocolate ones.

Thanks for the comments. I'm giving it a taste tonight. I'm using water to mix. Did you use water or a milk of done sort?
  • mathandcats
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I tried this today, which their website lists as being new:

i89ujglwwjoj.jpg

Nothing special. The cookies and cream has more caramel going on than this does! But it was completely edible, I just won't buy it again.

This is not new, but it's new to me:

cngqj7iil8gf.jpg

I hardly ever eat frozen meals, and being lactose intolerant, I rarely eat mac and cheese either. I'm not even a huge fan of cheese. But now and then I have a craving and I crack out the lactaid. This was pretty good! It's not the creamiest mac and cheese I've ever had, but for ~280 cal (I weighed the actual portion) and a practically instant meal, I was very pleased. It's not a huge serving, but it was enough to satisfy me with some vegetables on the side. It'll be infrequent, but I will buy again. I actually don't care much about the difference between this and the regular, nutritionally speaking (in fact, I can usually use more fat in my diet), but that this is one serving per package is what made me go for it. Reheated frozen mac and cheese doesn't sound great...
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options

I like to mix 20g powder to 5 oz plain greek yogurt for a real protein bomb (really any protein powder works well this way). It makes a mousse or cheesecake texture that feels indulgent. I like to sprinkle a little sea salt on top to give me the real PB bite.
  • Francl27
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »

I like to mix 20g powder to 5 oz plain greek yogurt for a real protein bomb (really any protein powder works well this way). It makes a mousse or cheesecake texture that feels indulgent. I like to sprinkle a little sea salt on top to give me the real PB bite.

That's mostly how I use it too. It's tasty!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Every year I see these only at Wawa but have never tried them for whatever reason. There's this great company in Maryland called Mary Sue and I'm OBSESSED with their butter cream Easter eggs (honestly Russell Stover doesn't even come close, in comparison they're horrible), but I finally tried this Zitner's egg and it honestly just like Mary Sue, the inside was just a bit more runny. Very impressed!! Anyone try any of their other flavors or know other places to get them?

rztf2gba2ec4.jpg
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Just had a Yoplait Greek yogurt, 0% MF, sweetened with stevia. Apple pie flavour. It is to die for. I added some All bran buds for a bit of fibre. If you close your eyes, you're eating a piece of apple pie.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    This isn't new but I bought it on whim yesterday along with their chocolate carmelized oat flavor. So... I enjoyed it but there's something strange about it and I think it's the lime with the banana almost reminds me of a margarita or some key lime desserts. I'm excited to try the other flavor.
    xwfa4qomap83.jpeg
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I think the Artisan line was actually discontinued for the Destinations line
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
  • di_763
    di_763 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Really delicious! Especially as a topping for coconut flavored yogurt! kbs5ehbv3lw7.jpeg
    dib506o03rb7.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »

I have seen these at the store and always wanted to try! Are they very bland? How did you eat them?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Every year I see these only at Wawa but have never tried them for whatever reason. There's this great company in Maryland called Mary Sue and I'm OBSESSED with their butter cream Easter eggs (honestly Russell Stover doesn't even come close, in comparison they're horrible), but I finally tried this Zitner's egg and it honestly just like Mary Sue, the inside was just a bit more runny. Very impressed!! Anyone try any of their other flavors or know other places to get them?

rztf2gba2ec4.jpg

Giant carries a few different flavors of this brand.

th?id=OIP.Mf0fbaf1d3c30ed94c40e5daccb6ec395o0&pid=15.1