Coffee creamer substitutes that don't suck??

Options

Replies

• kaileyhamilton315
    kaileyhamilton315 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Thanks!! One other person suggested this as well, and I think I'll try it. :)
  • kaileyhamilton315
    Options
    The original Baileys Irish cream creamer is 30 cal/serv. I also get fat free half and half for 20 cal/2 tbsp, though I'm switching to 2 tbsp whole milk since that's what's on hand.

I tried whole milk last week (we always have it for the baby), and it actually wasn't too bad. I think I could move in that direction slowly. Thanks!
  • kaileyhamilton315
    Options
    I just purchased skinny syrup brand, in caramel. I bought it in Canada not sure where it's available otherwise. 0 cal 0 sugar. I drink coffee black but it adds enough flavour it might work for you.

Thanks!!
  • kaileyhamilton315
    Options
    I use Coffee Mate sugar free creamy chocolate. (the powdered kind) It's 30 calories for two teaspoons and I seem to need less of it than the other flavors.

Thanks!!
  • kaileyhamilton315
    Options
    Yep, after looking through the suggestions think I might go with weaning down but still using half and half. Though there are a few suggestions I'd like to try. Thanks!!
  • kaileyhamilton315
    Options
    sanrpn12 wrote: »
    I was using coffeemate original powdered which is only 10 cal per tsp. But unfortunately I like a lot of creamer in my coffee so that was about 50 calories for 2 cups of coffee. Tried to switch to almond milk (30 calories a cup) this week and I find that it does not act or taste like creamer in my coffee at all.
    So I'm doing almond milk plus a 1/2-3/4 tsp of the coffeemate and it's better.

Almond milk plus something creamier, that's a great thought!
  • kaileyhamilton315
    Options
    Steff46 wrote: »
    I use 2 Tbsp. half & half and one packet of sugar in my morning coffee and it's pretty good. I've slowly been using less and less and it's going ok. If I drink a second cup I keep it black. Sometimes I like adding a tiny bit of vanilla flavoring to the second cup :D

Ooooh I LOVE the vanilla extract idea! Thanks!
  • kaileyhamilton315
    Options
    I only drink one cup of coffee a day and use liquid coffemate. Most of them are only 35 cals or less. I have tried repeatedly to like coffee black, but just can't. I don't eat breakfast though, so I don't mind sometimes wasting a few calories with HWC and sugar free syrups with liquid splenda.

The liquid coffee mate is something I'd like to try. I've only uses the powdered stuff and I just didn't like it. Thanks!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Egads. I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and sugar free/fat free creamer in my coffee. I tried the whole black thing but I did not work for me. When I stop losing weight I will revisit not adding creamer to my coffee
  • Jessika29669
    Jessika29669 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use two pods of mini moos half & half by Land-o-lakes and its pretty delish. I also like unsweetened Vanilla almond milk (not regular). Two pods is only 20 cals, I foam it and it tastes super delicious and creamy.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Skim milk and Torani sugar-free syrup. It's not quite the same, but it's not like zucchini noodles are the same as pasta, either.
  • kaileyhamilton315
    Options
    I use 1/2 tbs of Half & Half, and it's 11 calories. It doesn't even register on my daily radar. Are you having 4 cups of coffee or really using a lot of creamer? I have a K-Cup machine, and I make one 8 oz. cup of coffee with a Sweet N' Low packet and 1/2 tbs. of Half & Half and the whole thing comes out to 11 calories.

Maybe just find a lower calorie option? Coffee shouldn't set you back a ton...

I'm using 2 tbs per cup of coffee @ 2 cups a day. It doesn't feel like much, but it adds up! There's a lot of great suggestions here, so I'll try a few things or learn to enjoy less creamy coffee. :) thanks!
  • kaileyhamilton315
    Options

I second this. I recently switched to coconut milk creamer. I use the plain kind, and it's 10 calories/TBSP so about half the calories of a normal creamer. There is a hint of the coconut flavor, but you can barely tell it's there.

I'm excited for this one! Thanks!
  • kaileyhamilton315
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    My favorite coffee mix lately is instant coffee, 2 tsp of sugar free vanilla caramel coffeemate (powder) and a splenda packet. 24 calories for the lot. I make it at work with the hot water tap and then add ice for a yummy ice coffee treat. Hope you find something that works. And enjoy date night!
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    My favorite coffee mix lately is instant coffee, 2 tsp of sugar free vanilla caramel coffeemate (powder) and a splenda packet. 24 calories for the lot. I make it at work with the hot water tap and then add ice for a yummy ice coffee treat. Hope you find something that works. And enjoy date night!

Thanks so much!! :)
  • kaileyhamilton315
    Options
    I drink fatty coffee and my wife drinks honey coffee. We use dark roast, grind our beans and use a french press.
    Fatty Coffee: 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 tbsp grass fed cow butter & 2 cups of coffee. = 105 cal
    Honey Coffee: 1 tbsp organic heavy cream, 1 tbsp raw (local) honey & 2 cups of coffee. = 110 cal
    Both of these are mixed using an immersion blender to make a frothy top. Put a dash a cinnamon or pumpkin spice on top to change up the flavor.

Wow... THAT sounds like an exciting cup of coffee! Maybe I'll experiment for a weekend treat. Thanks!
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Why not exercise for 5 minutes more than usual so you can have your usual creamer?
  • kaileyhamilton315
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Milk.
    I agree. Don't know why that suugestion got flagged, though. I little splash of 2%/light milk (30 cals worth works for me), plus a near zero cal sweetener packet satisfies my tastebuds. And I'm a former "3 creams. 3 sugars gal".

Probably got flagged for being unhelpful. Lots of posts in here that look like people just trying to get their post count up, because I'm PRETTY SURE OP has already tried milk and found it not as satisfying. I swear you ask one question in these threads and the thread junkies are all over it like you asked something offensive. ANYWAY, that's neither here nor there....

Not sure if you use whey protein powders. I've been doing this for about 6 months now and I'm addicted. I mix one scoop of Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl with just enough water to make it liquid and not clumpy. Then I add hot coffee to that mixture. The steps are crucial or else you'll end up with a coagulated spongy mess. Ends up tasting like a creamy cinnamon latte

**"oh but heating the protein powder will break down the blahblahblahblah....."** I bake with it also. Seems to be doing me just fine.

Hahaha thanks for defending my honor @krisalexine! I have tried milk, I think I was just hoping there was a miracle creamer out there that I haven't heard of. :). The Cellucor Cinnamon sounds delicious! Thanks for the tip!
  • kaileyhamilton315
    Options
    I know it seems impossible but I have finally started drinking it black... for most of the day. I have my first cup like I like it with creamer or milk, and then all day at work I drink it black, but it was a long process and only recently did I say, hmmm not bad lol. There is a silk (as in the soy milk) creamer that is good and low calorie too though. Thicker than soy milk so you don't end up with the lightened water into darker water issue.

Thanks!!
  • kaileyhamilton315
    Options
    kmbrooks15 wrote: »
    I love the Peppermint Mocha sugar free creamer by CoffeeMate. <3

Thanks!
  • kaileyhamilton315
    Options
    Paiger816 wrote: »
    I actually use these protein shakes as creamer. They're AWESOME.

I drink coffee all morning, and I can put like 1/4 of a coffee cup full of this "creamer" for like 40 calories. All the flavors are really good too. The chai taste like vanilla cinnamon coffee creamer. I'll use like 1/4 of the shake as coffee creamer, and drink the rest for breakfast.

Thanks so much! I love a good chai. :)