WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Pip....fellow Gemini-ian, Tonight I PLANNED some boiled carrots, with some brown sugar, light marg and some walnuts, BUT I fixed husband homemade biscuits and bacon gravy SO I had two biscuits, two spoonfuls of gravy and practically LICKED my plate...well I used me finger!!! No guilt, for this Gemini. We Gemini's are emotional!! When I am happy EVERYONE knows it, but when I am angry.....watch OUT.... My momma used to say a poem...something like "When she is good, she is very, very good, but when she is mad, she is horrid!" Or something like that....
    Becca
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Being headhunted by one of my old companies... interview Monday. Would require relocation to Raleigh, NC, for 18-month contract. Thinking hard. It's stupid-high money, but high stress, or at least it was. Lots to think about. Been in talks all week, and discussing with my amazing husband.

Weighed one pound less at the end of Feb than at the beginning. Goal is the same for March.

Lisa in West Texas (for now)

Been wondering how things were going for you. That's quite a decision to make. Let us know what happens. We know they would be lucky to get you.

Janetr okc
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,650 Member
    Options
    :) Levi is not his usual self tonight, but he had a big big day, I'm hoping he's just tired.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Why didn't you stay? We could have been neighbors!

My husband's job moved us. We have lived many many places so I shouldn't have been surprised but usually we get at least three years in a location. We are done moving now. Been in Houston for 15 years and I'm not moving away from grand babies! My husband is close to retirement now so we are settled.

Marcelyn. Stuffing herself in New Mexico with enchiladas this weekend.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Lisa – Wow Raleigh,NC !! would you leave DH behind and commute? ....Kim from N. California

Kim, yes, that's why we're having serious discussions. I can clear as much in 18 months as he can in 4 YEARS. It's a big decision. Which we can't make until an offer comes through... but I don't want to even interview unless we're willing to consider it. Which means we are, I guess.

Lisa in West Texas
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,068 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn: Green or red sauce? I love New Mexico cuisine.

Heather: A bit late, but kudos on the lovely blue dress and those cute boots, too.

Katla: Knowing how much you love to sail, I'm glad you have a date on the water with DS and DDIL.

Lisa: Oh wow. What a tough decision. Eighteen months. What kind of work? Seems like you just finished a pretty stressful stint at the restaurant...hope you see a clear path to the right decision.

Grandmallie: Proud of you getting back on the exercise wagon.

Counting down the days till I leave for Newport Beach, California on Tuesday. Hoping that all the planning and details are done by Tuesday, and this conference goes off without a hitch. And nice sunny weather wouldn't hurt, either.

Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,650 Member
    Options
    Lisa, what a huge decision, knowing what I do about you, you'll figure out a way to make it work, or pass - you seem to have a good handle on what is important.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,663 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Pip....fellow Gemini-ian, Tonight I PLANNED some boiled carrots, with some brown sugar, light marg and some walnuts, BUT I fixed husband homemade biscuits and bacon gravy SO I had two biscuits, two spoonfuls of gravy and practically LICKED my plate...well I used me finger!!! No guilt, for this Gemini. We Gemini's are emotional!! When I am happy EVERYONE knows it, but when I am angry.....watch OUT.... My momma used to say a poem...something like "When she is good, she is very, very good, but when she is mad, she is horrid!" Or something like that....
    Becca

Actually, I DO lick my plate, not ashamed or embarrassed about it. Yeah, everyone around me knows, if u piss this Mexican off, it's not a good thing
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Rori, it's Chief of Staff for a Director at a massive high tech company. Basically operations manager on steroids. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Kim! Lots of considerations at hand...

Lisa
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just a pop in to say
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOYCE!
    and
    NICE FENCE PIP!
    and
    WAY TO GO GAYLE!

and because I can't figure out how to put pictures in a message reply on my phone I am posting some pics of my mother's China. It caused me great anxiety to take it out. I can't imagine using it and am in financial trouble so...
  • LadyChar150
    LadyChar150 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone, my name is Char from Sthe Louis MO. I'm so happy to have found this friendly group. I am 69 years old and will turn 70 next month. It is late in my life but this is a battle I have fought all my life. Here's hoping I can get it right this time.
    I'm getting ready to have bariatric surgery some time in July.
    My main exercise is walking which I do in my house 5 days a week. My goal is to walk 30 minutes 2 times a day. I do make it most of the time.
    I am here to both get and give support and encouragement .
  • keepmovin16
    keepmovin16 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Good to find this group and to know I'm not alone.Started with MFP recently and so glad that I found it.Working out 5 days a week and just got ab exerciser today.Started my wt.loss journey.So far 10 Lbs gone and 50 more to go. We can do it! :)
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Lisa - If you decide to take the job in Rakeigh, you will be right at an hour from me. Good luck on a rough decision!

I had the most boring date ever tonight.

Good night!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,663 Member
    Options
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to share a link. I used to drink apple cider vinegar (ACV a couple of times a day everyday) I don't really know why I stopped sometime last year but as of today I am back at it. [url="http://www.eatthis.com/apple-cider-vinegar?utm_source=nsltr&utm_medium=email&utm_content=448applecidervinegar&utm_campaign=etntNewsletter[/url]

Gloria

sipping-smiley-emoticon.gif

BTW I'm doing the March Walking Challenge that's on MFP. I am not competing against anyone else but me! walking-zombie-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Annr wrote: »
    Becca

Actually, I DO lick my plate, not ashamed or embarrassed about it. Yeah, everyone around me knows, if u piss this Mexican off, it's not a good thing

I lick my plate, too, and I'm not a Gemini-an. :devil:

Lisa: Good luck with a decision that will affect both of your lives. I hope there is a win-win possibility here. :heart:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa: Good luck with a decision that will affect both of your lives. I hope there is a win-win possibility here. :heart:
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Go Anna - cheerleading-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Mardill
    Mardill Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your support team. Please add me. i just turned 67! :#
    Goals for March:
    1. Lose 5 lbs.
    2. Start Mall Walking. (Too much ice & snow to safely walk outdoors)

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    Mardill wrote: »
    I would like to join your support team. Please add me. i just turned 67! :#
    Goals for March:
    1. Lose 5 lbs.
    2. Start Mall Walking. (Too much ice & snow to safely walk outdoors)

You just added yourself. Keep coming back and join the conversation every day. Let us know how walking at the Mall is going for you. Do you have a step counter?