New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    scastor27 wrote: »
    Mmm I liked this one SO much...like take this pint away from me before I demolish the whole thing like. It has a caramel flavor with lots of chunks of chocolate covered oats that taste like an oatmeal cookie. So sad that I'm just now discovering it and they're dropping it. I'll be making a trip to stock up tomorrow!

2oxg5gyorl9g.jpeg
    I haven't tried that one. I really enjoyed the ginger molasses.

• scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

That sounds tasty. I didn't see that one at the store but they had the tres leches flavor that I will probably grab. I see they also had a spiced pecan turtle flavor which sounds amazing.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

That sounds tasty. I didn't see that one at the store but they had the tres leches flavor that I will probably grab. I see they also had a spiced pecan turtle flavor which sounds amazing.

Do you have any expiration/bargain stores near you?

I've found some discontinued ice cream brands that were close to expiration for pretty decent prices.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    skippySaltedCaramel.png

Saw a recipe using this to make peanut butter caramel frosting. Nom.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Received an email from Panera not too long ago.
    Their tomato basil bread is my absolute favorite so if anyone finds these before I do please let me know where you saw them!!!

53de0p68w7xm.jpg
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Received an email from Panera not too long ago.
    Their tomato basil bread is my absolute favorite so if anyone finds these before I do please let me know where you saw them!!!

53de0p68w7xm.jpg

I don't know where you live or if you have them by you but Stop and Shop carries the whole line.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Haven't really had the chance to try a lot of new things, but after a few months of nothing, Hail Merry! sent me two coupons for 50 cents. It's not readily available where I usually shop, so they're up for grabs.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Haven't really had the chance to try a lot of new things, but after a few months of nothing, Hail Merry! sent me two coupons for 50 cents. It's not readily available where I usually shop, so they're up for grabs.

Lol I still have mine. Even 50 cents off, it's still too expensive for me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    skippySaltedCaramel.png

If you haven't tried this yet I would suggest you to skip it!

I remember it tasted like burnt chemicals.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    IBnYy2V.jpg

These were delicious, very rich chocolate flavour
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    IBnYy2V.jpg

I haven't seen that flavor, though I have tried the chocolate peanut butter swirl. I like their salted caramel flavor even more than the chocolate peanut butter. The grocery store close by must have realized by sales that others thought so too, because they no longer carry the chocolate ones, though I liked them enough that I would buy.

I will have to look for the one you have there!
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My downfall that got me overweight were pizzas. I have generally given them up entirely. Today, I tried making a low calorie, low fat pizza alternative and I have to say it was delicious!

I found these 100 calorie 6 G protein Flatout Foldit artisan flatbreads, used 2 tablespoons of low cal pasta sauce, 1/2 serving of Kraft fat free mozzarella and 1/2 serving of Kraft fat free cheddar, sautéed onions, mushrooms and green peppers and a serving (though next time I think I will use half) of Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage. I feel satisfied, flavor and texture were delish, though I ate with fork and knife (couldn't pick up with my hand, though I normally wouldn't). Even with the full serving of turkey sausage, my meal was 260 calories!

This time, I used the flatbread as is, but next time, I will cut in half and make two mini pizzas, after all, they would be kind of round that way.
    I am yet to try them out for panini sandwiches (chicken Cuban alternative sandwich coming up tomorrow!)

i26vqfnrl1db.jpeg
    h8rgz7whorl8.jpeg

• di_763
    di_763 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    di_763 wrote: »
    I bought Quest Peanut Butter protein powder last night...impulse buy. I had hoped to pick up a sample at Vitamin Shoppe, but they didn't have PB. I will give it a taste today....keeping my fingers crossed (I love peanut butter, so this could potentially rock my world). xmmrawe3k0de.jpeg

I like to mix 20g powder to 5 oz plain greek yogurt for a real protein bomb (really any protein powder works well this way). It makes a mousse or cheesecake texture that feels indulgent. I like to sprinkle a little sea salt on top to give me the real PB bite.

Yum!
  • di_763
    di_763 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    triddering wrote: »
    My downfall that got me overweight were pizzas. I have generally given them up entirely. Today, I tried making a low calorie, low fat pizza alternative and I have to say it was delicious!

I found these 100 calorie 6 G protein Flatout Foldit artisan flatbreads, used 2 tablespoons of low cal pasta sauce, 1/2 serving of Kraft fat free mozzarella and 1/2 serving of Kraft fat free cheddar, sautéed onions, mushrooms and green peppers and a serving (though next time I think I will use half) of Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage. I feel satisfied, flavor and texture were delish, though I ate with fork and knife (couldn't pick up with my hand, though I normally wouldn't). Even with the full serving of turkey sausage, my meal was 260 calories!

This time, I used the flatbread as is, but next time, I will cut in half and make two mini pizzas, after all, they would be kind of round that way.
    I am yet to try them out for panini sandwiches (chicken Cuban alternative sandwich coming up tomorrow!)

i26vqfnrl1db.jpeg
    h8rgz7whorl8.jpeg

My sons and I love Flatout products! We do all sorts of things with them; breakfast sandwiches are their favorite.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Do you have any expiration/bargain stores near you?

I've found some discontinued ice cream brands that were close to expiration for pretty decent prices.

I do have a couple. I'll have to go check it out :)
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    skippySaltedCaramel.png

If you haven't tried this yet I would suggest you to skip it!

I remember it tasted like burnt chemicals.

Thank you. :)
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    IBnYy2V.jpg

I love the salted caramel flavor! I haven't seen this one yet...I'll have to request it. The fudge and peanut butter ones were meh for me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    IBnYy2V.jpg

Ok now I need to try those, lol.