Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried birthday cake, but the thins are a nice choice.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Awe c'mon you know you love me. o:)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    6um0vg0t5nzr.jpeg
    I have not bought a pack of Oreos (not counting the snack pack minis) since I moved out on my own 4 years ago.

And now look what this thread made me do!!!!!

The thins are going to work. The birthday cake will stay home.

~Lyssa

Mwahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!!
    elphie754 wrote: »
    This thread makes me sad that I can no longer eat Oreos. I used to love Oreos with peanut butter on top. The alternatives (k-toos) are just not the same.

That's the saddest story I've ever heard.

I know!!!!!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    6um0vg0t5nzr.jpeg
    I have not bought a pack of Oreos (not counting the snack pack minis) since I moved out on my own 4 years ago.

~Lyssa

Mwahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!!
    This thread makes me sad that I can no longer eat Oreos. I used to love Oreos with peanut butter on top. The alternatives (k-toos) are just not the same.

I really debated between the chocolate cookie cake batter and the yellow (vanilla??) cookie ones.

Decided vanilla would pair a touch better.

I had a 2/$5 coupon so I really wasn't gonna bother resisting anymore.

Damn you, Carlos!!!

~Lyssa

I been having way more Oreos recently too. I decided the ice cream sandwich ones are not allowed in my house, I ate them in two days. The minis I have been able to eat a serving and keep myself together, but the ice cream....

@Carlos_421 Is a cruel temptress (but a guy one). Sorry @rajeana_421, your hubby is a cruel, cruel man. Who will certainly be the reason I switch to bulking...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Why have I never thought of this?!? :o
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Only six are left
    In my drawer at my office
    Target here I come!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    6um0vg0t5nzr.jpeg

~Lyssa

Mwahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!!

I really debated between the chocolate cookie cake batter and the yellow (vanilla??) cookie ones.

Damn you, Carlos!!!

~Lyssa

I been having way more Oreos recently too. I decided the ice cream sandwich ones are not allowed in my house, I ate them in two days. The minis I have been able to eat a serving and keep myself together, but the ice cream....

@Carlos_421 Is a cruel temptress (but a guy one). Sorry @rajeana_421, your hubby is a cruel, cruel man. Who will certainly be the reason I switch to bulking...

See, I think the brownie batter ones would be as dangerous to me as those ice cream sandwich ones are to you.

The minis are easier to control for me because I can have 8-9 of them. It doesn't matter that they're small. 2 cookies just makes me want more, lol.

I'm gonna have to pair those birthday cake ones with something. Maybe I'll mix up the sugar free pudding I have or something.

~Lyssa
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    6um0vg0t5nzr.jpeg

~Lyssa

Mwahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!!

Damn you, Carlos!!!

~Lyssa

See, I think the brownie batter ones would be as dangerous to me as those ice cream sandwich ones are to you.

The minis are easier to control for me because I can have 8-9 of them. It doesn't matter that they're small. 2 cookies just makes me want more, lol.

I'm gonna have to pair those birthday cake ones with something. Maybe I'll mix up the sugar free pudding I have or something.

~Lyssa

Brownie batter sounds so good! If those are available in ice cream, I would be in trouble. I'm nowhere near bulk ready.

I haven't tried the other flavors, just the original thins and the ice cream. I suspect I would love the mint ones. It was the mint ice cream ones that got me. They were so good though! On the up side, I did manage to eat them over two days which really is a step toward moderation. Previously they would have been gone in a single day. So maybe some day in the near future I will need to try again.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer the lemon ones.

Has anyone tried the cinnamon roll ones? I work at Cinnabon and I'm wondering if I should try them.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    liahna wrote: »

Has anyone tried the cinnamon roll ones? I work at Cinnabon and I'm wondering if I should try them.
    I LOVE cinnamon roll Oreos that have been microwaved for 15-30 seconds. They're fine without it, but seriously, the microwaving takes them up another notch.

• scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    liahna wrote: »

I LOVE cinnamon roll Oreos that have been microwaved for 15-30 seconds. They're fine without it, but seriously, the microwaving takes them up another notch.

What she said.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    Yup, definitely microwave them.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It was decided in another thread that a discussion around Oreos is in order so here goes.

First, the original Oreos are perfect. No other variety comes close. They have the perfect ratio of cream to cookie and the cookies 'n cream flavor is perfect just the way it is.

Now, if you're at someone else's house and all they have is double stuff, the good news is that while these are entirely subpar to the original, they are still fabulously delicious in a distant second place. The same can be said for peanut butter and brownie batter.

Also, Jugg is wrong because mint Oreos are disgusting sacrilege.

All of this is self explanatory
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

The Hubster just mentioned adding peanut butter to Oreos. I, too, had never thought of it! Mm. Sounds so good!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Ingredients

SUGAR, UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), PALM AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORNSTARCH, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN - AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY.

two cookies of 20 grams contain 13 grams of sugar. Honestly, I don't see anything yummy in here, and I know Oreos taste artificial and not very rich.

I bet you're fun at all the parties.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Fudge covered Oreos are the most amazing flavor I've ever tried.

My boyfriend bought me white fudge covered oreos for Valentines day and that's how I knew he loved me.
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Finally had the cinnamon buns ones tonight... mmm... but 150 cals for two!?!
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I was really gearing up to buy Oreos today, but then I saw these were on sale and said nuts to that.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Fudge covered Oreos are the most amazing flavor I've ever tried.

My boyfriend bought me white fudge covered oreos for Valentines day and that's how I knew he loved me.

@guinevere96
    Obviously very much!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @nutmegoreo
    OMG for the love of all things Oreo.... you're killing me with your avatar... they don't sell those here... probably a good thing too. They look awesome ;) I'm quite sure it had nothing to do with stumbling across this thread but when I was at the store (cough cough) a bit ago when I happened to be in front of the Oreo's... Nothing jumped out at me. I must have gone to a small store that had little selection. They didn't have anything special, just regular & the thin ones.

I've tried the Reese's and got so hooked on them... they seem to be gone for ever though... so I guess I can stop going to the meetings. Gawd those were good!