How do you feel about veganism?

Options
I'm an eighteen year old girl who has been vegan for 2 months now. I love the lifestyle and will most likely be on it for the rest of my life. I don't feel deprived, my skin is clearer and I'm
Losing weight. How do you feel about veganism?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against it, but I like meat.

To each their own IMO.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't care, it's a tiny % of the population and those that I have been around struggle to find things they can eat. Good luck to them, and you, and any other outliers.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me how others eat but it certainly isn't for me. I would miss meat way too much. I am rather lazy as well so the thought of all the research I would need to do and the new recipes I would need to find to make sure I was getting adequate protein and nutrients would put me off as well. But if you are enjoying it then that is all that matters. :)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I don't care how others eat I just don't like how a small minority of people (in every way of eating) feel they are morally superior to others and try to convince everyone to convert to their views
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    sndarling9 wrote: »
    I'm an eighteen year old girl who has been vegan for 2 months now. I love the lifestyle and will most likely be on it for the rest of my life. I don't feel deprived, my skin is clearer and I'm

I don't care either way.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    More meat for me;)
  • buzz28camaro
    buzz28camaro Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against it, but I like meat.

To each their own IMO.

People don't go vegan because they don't like meat.
  • buzz28camaro
    Options
    I don't care how others eat I just don't like how a small minority of people (in every way of eating) feel they are morally superior to others and try to convince everyone to convert to their views

People go vegan because they dont feel superior to others.
  • singingflutelady
    Options

They shouldn't as that is the point but I know a few vegans who like to remind meat eaters about how much more ethical and better people because of their choices. Most aren't Luke that but some aren't respectful. It's not just vegans, there's one in every "diet" crowd
  • buzz28camaro
    Options

They shouldn't as that is the point

What do you mean?
  • singingflutelady
    Options

What do you mean?

I mean they shouldn't feel superior to others sorry lol
  • buzz28camaro
    Options

What do you mean?

I mean they shouldn't feel superior to others sorry lol

Oh I gotcha lol, sorry for the confusion on my part.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
  • buzz28camaro
    Options

I am vegan and have been for almost 3 years. I have nothing but positives to say about it :smile:
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Eh, good for you, I suppose, but I'm enjoying the heck out of burger night here.
  • Negative_X
    Negative_X Posts: 296 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How do you feel about veganism?

Personal choice. I care very little what other people do with their time. (as long as they're not interfering with mine)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't care as long as the vegan isn't shoving his/her WOE in my face and continuously belittling me/being snide about how I'm contributing to animal abuse because I'm eating a sandwich. I don't do it to you, so don't do it to me.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's for me, but I don't have anything against others doing it.
  • gingers72
    gingers72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am moving toward a plant based diet mostly because my teenaged daughter is vegan and the changes I have seen in her general health are wonderful.
    I am annoyed by the "holier-than-thou vegans" but there are holier-than-thou types in every group.
    I feel very strongly that whichever diet someone chooses to follow research, education and MD guidance are important.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It's only been 2 months---but I wish you luck with it.