WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• cathed42
    cathed42 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    cathed42 wrote: »
    Also looking to add friends if only I could find out how to!

Just click on the blue highlighted user name next to their profile picture it will open their profile picture and click on the blue highlighted username there and then you can add a friend.

<3

Mary from Minnesota

Thanks! Easy once you know how
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,724 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day:
    Jog, 37.55min, 6.2-7.0sp, 156mhr, 9.28ap, 4mi = 375c
    Other- 12min, speed jump and on steps = 107c
    Other- 10min, 2 sets of 15. Shoulder stretches = 55c
    other- yardwork- 97min, = 317c
    Total cal 854
  • pipcd34
    Options
    s8rtvyuy32ao.jpeg
    I've had this fender guitar for the longest time. My late husbands brother gave it to him. I am ready to let it go. It's going back to Jeff Goodell, his brother that gave it to him. Going to NY
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    New ladies ... Just so you know ... I'm not ignoring you or anyone actually ... I'm a random poster! :smiley: I read everything but comment as my memory allows ... Which seems to be less and less ... Sigh,

Beth

Ditto! We all support/receive support in our own way here. Great group of ladies!

Cheri
    Fairlawn, oHIo
  • csofled
    Options
    MightyLolo wrote: »
    Okay, Perspective One: I only lost a pound this week.

Perspective Two: I nailed my diet all week. I even got on the local Buy Nothing group and gave away the unopened ice cream in my freezer, just to be sure. I did some Spring cleaning. I did Pilates, I lifted weights, I walked, I swam, I danced, I bellydanced, I did some billable work, I studied new technology, I got some garden work done, I spent quality time with other people...oh, and I lost a pound.
    :D

Happy Weekend to all my new friends!

Larisa in Seattle

Way to go! I lost a 1 lb too and I will take it in all its glory!

Keep up the good job,

Cheri
    Fairlawn, oHIo
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Pip~ beautiful guitar!!! I used to have an Ovation made here in Connecticut, stupid me sold it.. should have kept it would be worth the big bucks now.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    I lost 0.4 lb and proud of it. That makes 7 even since Jan 1. 7 more and I will be firmly into Onederland. We got our body fat percentage measured at the gym on Friday, and I figured out how to record it in MFP. We are going to do it on the first Friday of every month and watch it go down (at least I hope it will go down).

I have a weird NSV to report. I've been either wearing tights or going bare legged for a while, but I got a wild hair to get some pantyhose. I got on Amazon and ordered me some nude colored Leggs in queen-size. They came, and then I remembered I needed queen plus. Oops! Well, I had them so what the heck. I tried them on and they fit! How crazy is that to be happy to fit into queen-size panty hose?

I've been trying on clothes from my "wardrobe of shame" and moving quite a few pieces to my closet. It is quite fun. I should have a whole new spring/summer wardrobe straight from there.

Margaret, congrats on the good report re DH and for the renewed efforts of your son to straighten up.

Sylvia, hope you feel better soon.

Vickie, you are a true friend. Sometimes we just do what we have to do. Lee is lucky to have you.

Beth, glad the pity party is over. Welcome back.

Glad to see all the newbies. Welcome!
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Just got home from my good friend's Memorail Service, she was only 64. It was a nice rememberance and so many people spoke. The minister was the same man that married she and her current hubsand 13 short years ago, and gave a beautiful eulogy. She was baptized at home the very day she passed. Each day is truly a gift. I must remember this.

Sending hugs to all you beautiful ladies, my friends.

Love, Rosie in So Cal
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Drkatiebug - Great NSV congratulations! That is an awesome feeling to have a new wardrobe!

Pip- your brother-in-law will be very happy to get that! It will mean a lot to hm!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Just got home from my good friend's Memorail Service, she was only 64. It was a nice rememberance and so many people spoke. The minister was the same man that married she and her current hubsand 13 short years ago, and gave a beautiful eulogy. She was baptized at home the very day she passed. Each day is truly a gift. I must remember this.

Sending hugs to all you beautiful ladies, my friends.

Love, Rosie in So Cal

Rosie - sorry for your loss! (((Hugs)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Love the guitar, Pip.
  • DLS1029
    DLS1029 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've been reading the posts this evening and I've noticed several of us have had losses this week! Since I'm a visual person, I like to think of it this way - 1 pound is the same size as 4 sticks of butter! Five pounds is the size of a bag of flour!

I never thought I'd enjoy being a "loser" hahaha

Donna in WV
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Went to the Kansas caucus this afternoon, then home. We aren't going to try going to the lake this weekend. My chest is killing me from all the coughing, and my throat is so sore I can't swallow. Just quickly checking in.

Good night all.

Sylvia
  • csofled
    Options
    DLS1029 wrote: »
    I've been reading the posts this evening and I've noticed several of us have had losses this week! Since I'm a visual person, I like to think of it this way - 1 pound is the same size as 4 sticks of butter! Five pounds is the size of a bag of flour!

Donna in WV

Sometimes I take out a 5 pound bag of sugar and carry it around just to see...lol!

Cheri
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Larisa -Great job on the 1 pound loss! It sounds like you had a fantastic week of exercise. Keep up the good work. Don't let the scale get you down. Especially if you are starting out strength training. Your muscles will retain water.

Thanks, Mary! I'm not starting out, though. I've been lifting since before women lifted. :smiley: Well, 34 years...
    I did take a couple years off for some of the surgeries I had, but I've been back at it since Nov 2013. The last three surgeries, I was going in on walkers and scooters and crutches, as soon as I was released from bed rest, to at least work my upper body. I got weirdly famous at my gym. :blush:
    I'm not going to sweat the scale for now. I did the right thing all week. Yay me! :p

Larisa in Seattle
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    Also looking to add friends if only I could find out how to!

Just click on the blue highlighted user name next to their profile picture it will open their profile picture and click on the blue highlighted username there and then you can add a friend.

<3

Mary from Minnesota

Thanks! Easy once you know how

I'll be your friend! :smiley:

Larisa in Seattle
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    DLS1029 wrote: »

Donna in WV

Sometimes I take out a 5 pound bag of sugar and carry it around just to see...lol!

Cheri

I LOVE THIS.

Larisa in Seattle

PS sorry for all the separate posts. I'll learn :smile:
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good night ladies. Been a great day in the eating department. Hit my calorie mark and felt good physically. Got on the treadmill today helped with the stress level. Tried to remain positive today it has been up and down all day but I survived. No crying today. Baby steps.

Sylvia take care of yourself. As women we have a tendency to take care of others and not ourselves.

To all of you who have made progress in the journey so happy for you.

To any of you who are struggling don't give up you can do this. We are all here for you with support and love.

Barbiecat no cookies in my diet today. Lol

So many new names so happy to see that.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • pipcd34
    Options