Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Never mind. This was on the old card.

But can I count my QB confession?

Was it innocently confessed? :D

Of course. I really almost ate 2 QB's last night after checking my macros. I didn't, because my fiber would have been 49 grams :grimace: and thought I'd better not push my luck.

It's okay, you don't have to give it to me.

The one day after looking at my Fiber count I had around 84 grams :# .

I confess that 2 months ago I bought some quest bars in case I was low on fiber I could fix it, and Wednesday I could have used one but did not have it in my work bag.
  • raymax4
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I confess that lately I've been concentrating really, really hard on getting my protein, carb, sugar and fat goals as close to the limit as possible... I will plan meals out ahead of time and tweak the amounts so I don't go over on any of them. I've just started doing this (a few days ago) and I feel more satisfaction from meeting these goals than anything I'm doing at work right now.

I also get a weird smug satisfaction from turning down donuts and Girl Scouts cookies at work and then watching everyone else eat them instead. I'm actually a really smug, snotty b*tch deep down and this seems to be the only thing that helps me stay focused on my weight loss goal. Succeeding while watching everyone else fail.

I'm really just about the worst kind of person at times :(
    I confess that lately I've been concentrating really, really hard on getting my protein, carb, sugar and fat goals as close to the limit as possible... I will plan meals out ahead of time and tweak the amounts so I don't go over on any of them. I've just started doing this (a few days ago) and I feel more satisfaction from meeting these goals than anything I'm doing at work right now.

I also get a weird smug satisfaction from turning down donuts and Girl Scouts cookies at work and then watching everyone else eat them instead. I'm actually a really smug, snotty b*tch deep down and this seems to be the only thing that helps me stay focused on my weight loss goal. Succeeding while watching everyone else fail.

Actually, wasn't this a confession early on too... about people deliberately bringing in food to work to watch their co-workers eat it while they abstained? Especially the ones who were always talking about dieting?

That can also be a symptom of an eating disorder. Anorexics love to cook, and will make everybody else eat while they abstain.
    I think I do remember that being confessed earlier and starting a big discussion about eating disorders...
    Yeah, I definitely felt this way when I had an ED. I didn't cook but I'd drink tea and watch everyone else eating lunch/dinner and feel strong. Maybe that's just a human thing, though :P
    I also did something similar. I would constantly buy things I'd want to eat but "couldn't" for others.

I have been known to Buy something that I only want one serving of and bring it to work to share with others so I don't eat the whole thing myself.
  • raymax4
    Options
    I confess that I chose to have 2 extra servings of this really good asparagus instead of eating ice-cream Wednesday and Thursday. I wanted to stay within my calorie limits.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I confess after laughing at the girl who said she fell off the stationary bike & fell into the pool backwards that I almost fell off the treadmill dancing when my favorite songs came on my Spotify playlist.

Karma? Or were you just thinking about it so it happened?

Probably both.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I made it to the gym today.

Yay!
    I've barely made it out of bed today.

That was the same for me.

I slept probably 16+ hours from Friday & Saturday & maybe even more.

I woke up on Saturday & realized I had the stomach bug the most pleasant thing ever! Not!

I felt somewhat decent after a bit so I decided to try & go to work & only managed to stay there for around 50 minutes. Came home & spent the rest of the time sleeping, guzzling Ginger ale, & playing on my iPad.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

Actually, wasn't this a confession early on too... about people deliberately bringing in food to work to watch their co-workers eat it while they abstained? Especially the ones who were always talking about dieting?

That can also be a symptom of an eating disorder. Anorexics love to cook, and will make everybody else eat while they abstain.
    I think I do remember that being confessed earlier and starting a big discussion about eating disorders...
    Yeah, I definitely felt this way when I had an ED. I didn't cook but I'd drink tea and watch everyone else eating lunch/dinner and feel strong. Maybe that's just a human thing, though :P
    I also did something similar. I would constantly buy things I'd want to eat but "couldn't" for others.

I have been known to Buy something that I only want one serving of and bring it to work to share with others so I don't eat the whole thing myself.

I'm someone that usually brings in food that I don't like to give to coworkers.

It's still pretty decent food items like Oreos (flavors I didn't care for), Lenny & Larry cookies (brought in the Pumpkin flavor), & other various cookies/candies/snacks.

The worst thing I brought in was this

th?id=OIP.Md7a5e0b0fe68efd1706799ae420ebf75o0&pid=15.1

The one coworker spit it out haha.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I'm someone that usually brings in food that I don't like to give to coworkers.

It's still pretty decent food items like Oreos (flavors I didn't care for), Lenny & Larry cookies (brought in the Pumpkin flavor), & other various cookies/candies/snacks.

The worst thing I brought in was this

th?id=OIP.Md7a5e0b0fe68efd1706799ae420ebf75o0&pid=15.1

The one coworker spit it out haha.

That looks like it might be good. Too bad it,was awful! I finally got an oreo fix yesterday and had golden oreos. They were ok. I can stop thinking about them now...
  • Oberon21
    Options

Yay!

I woke up on Saturday & realized I had the stomach bug the most pleasant thing ever! Not!

I felt somewhat decent after a bit so I decided to try & go to work & only managed to stay there for around 50 minutes. Came home & spent the rest of the time sleeping, guzzling Ginger ale, & playing on my iPad.

Oh bummer. Looks like Kelly's Paxton was also sick last night. I hope it doesn't visit me...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess that I chose to have 2 extra servings of this really good asparagus instead of eating ice-cream Wednesday and Thursday. I wanted to stay within my calorie limits.

Win! Total win!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Sorry that you're sick, Kelly! I hope you're feeling better soon!
    We were up all night with a vomiting child! :( Calling the pediatrician at 8:00 when they start taking on-call appointments.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    We were up all night with a vomiting child! :( Calling the pediatrician at 8:00 when they start taking on-call appointments.

Oh no. I hope he is better soon.
  • raymax4
    Options

Yay!

How horrible I hope you feel better soon.
  • raymax4
    Options

Poor little guy. has he stopped vomiting for now. Is he able to drink a little now. Hope this clears soon.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys.
    I talked to the on-call nurse at his doctor's office. She didn't think he had to come in because he's had cold symptoms the past few days. She said his upset stomach was probably a result of the nasal drainage when he was laying down trying to sleep. She said just treat it as a cold... saline nasal spray if needed, lots of fluids, rest..etc.
    He seemed better this morning. He ate some breakfast and was taking it easy. All was well for a few hours but now breakfast just came up. :(
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Mmmmm, asparagus is so yummy!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Never mind. This was on the old card.

But can I count my QB confession?

Was it innocently confessed? :D

Of course. I really almost ate 2 QB's last night after checking my macros. I didn't, because my fiber would have been 49 grams :grimace: and thought I'd better not push my luck.

It's okay, you don't have to give it to me.

The one day after looking at my Fiber count I had around 84 grams :# .

I confess that 2 months ago I bought some quest bars in case I was low on fiber I could fix it, and Wednesday I could have used one but did not have it in my work bag.

Free space for N and quest bars for G-49.
    I believe I am tied with mo now. Unless @quiksylver296 is starting over today. Then B-2 for the quest bars
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Mmmmm, asparagus is so yummy!

Yes, yes it is
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    ok POF, I added a recipe. I am just making it up for the first time right now. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/203967597169965

Take the amaranth seeds, chia, rolled oats, and hemp hearts and toast for 15-20 minutes at 350. Let cool.
    Melt butter and add in PB, vanilla (cinnamon optional). Mix dry and wet ingredients (minus chocolate chips). Then mix in chocolate chips. Press onto parchment paper and bake 350 for 30 minutes (?). Let cool. Cut into 24 pieces or whatever size you want. Again, I'm just making this up so I may make adjustments as I go once I see how it really looks. I'll let you know how it works out. Add salt to taste, too.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ok POF, I added a recipe. I am just making it up for the first time right now. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/203967597169965

Take the amaranth seeds, chia, rolled oats, and hemp hearts and toast for 15-20 minutes at 350. Let cool.
    Melt butter and add in PB, vanilla (cinnamon optional). Mix dry and wet ingredients (minus chocolate chips). Then mix in chocolate chips. Press onto parchment paper and bake 350 for 30 minutes (?). Let cool. Cut into 24 pieces or whatever size you want. Again, I'm just making this up so I may make adjustments as I go once I see how it really looks. I'll let you know how it works out. Add salt to taste, too.

Nice! I need no butter tho! Can't wait to hear how it turns out!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Thanks, guys.
    I talked to the on-call nurse at his doctor's office. She didn't think he had to come in because he's had cold symptoms the past few days. She said his upset stomach was probably a result of the nasal drainage when he was laying down trying to sleep. She said just treat it as a cold... saline nasal spray if needed, lots of fluids, rest..etc.
    He seemed better this morning. He ate some breakfast and was taking it easy. All was well for a few hours but now breakfast just came up. :(

I hope you can both get some rest!