zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I think this thread needs a bump !!!!!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Happy National Oreo Day, everyone!!!!

Really? I need some brain food while I write a paper, maybe I'll just pull out my thins and have an indulgence day.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I recently had a long discussion as to if oreos are a kosher food .
    Someone said that they are now kosher and acceptable for people seeking a kosher snack.
    Others disagreed.

Any one know if the original Oreo is a kosher cookie ?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    ironhajee wrote: »
    False.

Peak Freans - Shortcake cookies dipped in milk

Fact. Oreos lose to Shortcake cookies.

I'm willing to start a debate on this in the Nutrition Debate section of MFP and I will be victorious.

See you by the monkey bars...
    Just letting you know what you're meeting at the Monkey bars for...

150151.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_oGGqLOtttA7UefpVUHgUBI9EYTafzWkGbmEUshVZT7jWmcH6CA

Not even a fair fight.
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have discussed this with my team of Nutrition Debate People. We have dedicated our lives to the exploration of the most exquisit cookie and milk combo And we have come to the conclusion that in fact the Oero is inferior to the Peak Freans Shortcake Cookie.

I have my Bachelor of Masters of PHD in this matter so therefore no argument can be made.

My my how the turn has tabled. . .

>:)
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    I have discussed this with my team of Nutrition Debate People. We have dedicated our lives to the exploration of the most exquisit cookie and milk combo And we have come to the conclusion that in fact the Oero is inferior to the Peak Freans Shortcake Cookie.

I have my Bachelor of Masters of PHD in this matter so therefore no argument can be made.

Imagination does not a legitimate claim make.

Besides...I have five Oreos in my mouth at once. Your argument is invalid.
    q77nzozzdpdi.jpeg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Last time I was in Thailand, the 7-Eleven had Blueberry Oreos, so I grabbed a few packs (they were just little 2 packs) and OMG BLERGH!! They tasted like they were filled with toothpaste!! So wrong. So sad.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Last time I was in Thailand, the 7-Eleven had Blueberry Oreos, so I grabbed a few packs (they were just little 2 packs) and OMG BLERGH!! They tasted like they were filled with toothpaste!! So wrong. So sad.
    Why can't more places have smaller packs of flavored Oreos? :#

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

Imagination does not a legitimate claim make.

Besides...I have five Oreos in my mouth at once. Your argument is invalid.
    q77nzozzdpdi.jpeg

Damn, you're hot. :joy:
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Bought some of the red velvet ones last night.

Mm.
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    This attempt to eat 5 Oreo cookies is admirable @Carlos_421 however from my observation and through extensive studying in university I have observed that the last Oreo is clinging on for dear life.

Your attempt is invalid. Therefore I win. Again. :D

But yeah this is definitely bringing sexy back ;)
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Original Oreos with peanut butter spread on=delicious

Fried Oreos on the other hand did nothing for me except make me feel like I might have a heart attack
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    This attempt to eat 5 Oreo cookies is admirable @Carlos_421 however from my observation and through extensive studying in university I have observed that the last Oreo is clinging on for dear life.

Your attempt is invalid. Therefore I win. Again. :D

But yeah this is definitely bringing sexy back ;)

Doesn't matter. If it's in it's a win.

There is no "again" because you've yet to win anything.
    The irony of your "cookies" is cardboard food in a cardboard box.

Are your cookies good enough to inspire a flavor of ice cream? No. You lose again.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Went to Target today and saw those cupcake filled Oreos or however they're called.

The package was so tiny! And since I have two packs already, they didn't come home. Even though I know they'll be delicious.

Must eat the birthday cake ones....

~Lyssa
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Just chiming in to say happy #nationaloreoday!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    When is National 'Peak Freans - Shortcake cookies dipped in milk' Day?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I cracked open the Red Velvet Oreos last night and was underwhelmed. All I could taste was cream cheese but too artificial tasting. I had tried one last year that a friend brought to work and didn't love them, but I wanted to, and now I'm stuck with a whole bag... At least I have double stuff to mix them with!

Also, cals are the same for two Double Stuff as they are for the original. What kind of nabisco wizardry is that!?
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    I recently had a long discussion as to if oreos are a kosher food .
    Someone said that they are now kosher and acceptable for people seeking a kosher snack.
    Others disagreed.

Any one know if the original Oreo is a kosher cookie ?

Yes. "The Oreo became kosher in 1998. All Oreo packing now bears a symbol, just above the package weight, verifying it as a kosher food. Hydrox cookies had long been a common kosher alternative, but, because not-as-tasty sort-of Oreos weren't super lucrative, they were discontinued in 2003."

http://www.ok.org/
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how I missed that yesterday was National Oreo Day? But regardless, this came up on my Facebook feed and thought I would share, always gotta love Buzzfeed for over the top things to do with food...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/christinebyrne/oreo-my-goodness?bffb&utm_term=.mcExzekOZ#.yaXlP7wEV
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    No. Original = too high a cookie to cream ratio.

Double Stuf? Boo-F'ing-Yah

This

Double stuf is the only way I Oreo cookie

Because the cream to cookie ratio is improved dramatically