Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I cracked open the Red Velvet Oreos last night and was underwhelmed. All I could taste was cream cheese but too artificial tasting. I had tried one last year that a friend brought to work and didn't love them, but I wanted to, and now I'm stuck with a whole bag... At least I have double stuff to mix them with!

Also, cals are the same for two Double Stuff as they are for the original. What kind of nabisco wizardry is that!?

I'm really kind of opposed to the alternative Oreo flavors, but we had some mint ones at my office so I tried them and they were okay.

I'm a creature of tradition, however, and mostly only approve of Oreos that existed when I was 10.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I cracked open the Red Velvet Oreos last night and was underwhelmed. All I could taste was cream cheese but too artificial tasting. I had tried one last year that a friend brought to work and didn't love them, but I wanted to, and now I'm stuck with a whole bag... At least I have double stuff to mix them with!

Also, cals are the same for two Double Stuff as they are for the original. What kind of nabisco wizardry is that!?

I'm really kind of opposed to the alternative Oreo flavors, but we had some mint ones at my office so I tried them and they were okay.

I'm a creature of tradition, however, and mostly only approve of Oreos that existed when I was 10.

The Pumpkin Spice, Brownie Batter, S'moreos, and Reese's flavors were a few that I did enjoy.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    My favorite flavored Oreos tend to be the golden ones, like toasted coconut, cinnamon buns, cotton candy, and gingerbread.

I did pick up some cupcake filled Oreos today, but I won't try them until I finish the maple creme cookies I have now.
    Get on that, Nabisco. Make some maple Oreos for me.
  • KombuchaKat
    KombuchaKat Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Doublestuff, all the way! Before they made the doublstuff I would pry them apart, begrudgingly eat 2 plain cookies left over and put the other 2 with cream together. Doublestuff just does that for me.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    My favorite flavored Oreos tend to be the golden ones, like toasted coconut, cinnamon buns, cotton candy, and gingerbread.

I did pick up some cupcake filled Oreos today, but I won't try them until I finish the maple creme cookies I have now.
    Get on that, Nabisco. Make some maple Oreos for me.

If Nabisco made Maple flavored Oreos, I would have to figure out how to make that a meal. Maple Creme cookies are like a cookie God in my house, so you mix that with an oreo? I would be in a maple oreo coma.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    i picked up a pack of the mint thins over the weekend...
    OMG YUM!
    the cookie to cream ratio is soooo much better!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options

How did I not know this about the Double Stuff oreos? I just naturally assumed all that extra creamy goodness would mean more calories.

I tried the Red Velvet oreos when they first came out because of the cream cheese middle but all I could taste was the icky wafer part. I'm not a red velvet fan anyway but...it was an oreo!
  • crawlingfish
    crawlingfish Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    agreed, the original ones are amazing. i especially appreciate the seasonal oreos that are just the originals with holiday-corresponding artificial food dye in the cream part for flair. here's to unhealthy crap thats still vegan!
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    We don't have a lot of flavours here in Quebec. For a regular day Golden Oreos are my go to. During the holidays: GINGERBREAD! I am obsessed!
  • MrsCanHolmes
    MrsCanHolmes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Ingredients

SUGAR, UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), PALM AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORNSTARCH, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN - AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY.

two cookies of 20 grams contain 13 grams of sugar. Honestly, I don't see anything yummy in here, and I know Oreos taste artificial and not very rich.

They do include the toxic ingredient sodium bicarbonate. You may be onto something.

Pleas enlighten me. Why is making soda toxic?
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Omg! It took me three days to finish reading this thread. It's the best thread on MFP! And I love Oreo original!
    Here in India you get only two other variants. Orange and strawberry. There was a limited edition butterscotch that was awesome. But I only got it one time. Hope we get other flavors soon!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ingredients

SUGAR, UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), PALM AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORNSTARCH, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN - AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY.

two cookies of 20 grams contain 13 grams of sugar. Honestly, I don't see anything yummy in here, and I know Oreos taste artificial and not very rich.

They do include the toxic ingredient sodium bicarbonate. You may be onto something.

It's a running forum joke...some poor soul actually thought that kfc chicken was toxic because one of the ingredients was "sodium bicarbonate"

As for myself I apologize for not giving my daily Oreo updates as I'm sure everyone is on the edge of his or her seat. I am happy to report that my desk drawer has been restocked with a package of regular Oreos....the greatest packaged cookie of all time
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    My first order of Girl Scout cookies got delivered yesterday. First of four... Oreos have some company in the pantry...
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Ingredients

Old joke. We had a person adamant that they never ate anything with sodium bicarbonate in it because it is used for sand blasting.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    CJsf1t wrote: »
    Omg! It took me three days to finish reading this thread. It's the best thread on MFP! And I love Oreo original!
    Here in India you get only two other variants. Orange and strawberry. There was a limited edition butterscotch that was awesome. But I only got it one time. Hope we get other flavors soon!
    Dang, that butterscotch sounds amazing. I wouldn't mind trying the orange for the novelty

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Ingredients

She was being facetious.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    Ingredients

It's a running forum joke...some poor soul actually thought that kfc chicken was toxic because one of the ingredients was "sodium bicarbonate"

As for myself I apologize for not giving my daily Oreo updates as I'm sure everyone is on the edge of his or her seat. I am happy to report that my desk drawer has been restocked with a package of regular Oreos....the greatest packaged cookie of all time

I went to Sams and bought the big box of the six packs.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    And for my 2,000th post on this site:

Oreo pandas.

b7cce2f59f02dabdaf8a5ce7aa778cd8.jpg
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    And for my 2,000th post on this site:

Oreo pandas.