Couch To 5K Starting June 6th, Join Please!

Options

Replies

• madibabyxo
    madibabyxo Posts: 20
    Options
    Did W3D1 today! I didnt think I was going to be able to run the 3 minutes but I did! Yay! Keep on pushing guys! :drinker:
  • KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Today is W3D1 for me and I'm very nervous about the 3 min run. I could hardly do 90 seconds last week. I'm not sure if this is going to end well.

let us know how it goes girl, Im sure you will do fine. I was worried too!

W3D1 done! warmup/cooldown 2.6, jogs 4.5, walks 3.0..I added 2 mins to it to make it a full 30 mins, total travel was 1.7 miles.
    the 90 secs was intimadating, but I just concentrated on my breathing and let me legs do their thang! it worked.

W3D1. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I stole your idea and added 2 minutes and made it a full 30 minutes. :D
  • journey2size10
    Options
    W3D1. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I stole your idea and added 2 minutes and made it a full 30 minutes. :D

I knew you could do it hon, and forgot to mention, I love your first mini goal reward! :laugh:
  • ShannonBurdick
    Options
    Just got back from the gym. Did W2D2. Warm up was 2.8-3.4. Walking 3.4 and jogging 4.8. I can tell my endurance is getting better but when the 90 sec mark comes around I am so ready to hit walk mode. The thought of week 3 is scaring the hell out of me right now. :noway:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the gym. Did W2D2. Warm up was 2.8-3.4. Walking 3.4 and jogging 4.8. I can tell my endurance is getting better but when the 90 sec mark comes around I am so ready to hit walk mode. The thought of week 3 is scaring the hell out of me right now. :noway:

You and I are at the same mark, at about 50 secs, I was looking at the watch. I had to push thru to the 90 secs and it took a good minute to recover. I run outside and the hills are KILLER. I ran yesterday and today is off day even tho I will still do some HIIT. Week 3 is definitely very scary

Monday, W2D1
    Tuesday, HIIT

Does everyone like this program? I'm just not sure about running in general. It's really hard on the knees and joints. It's a great calorie burn as well.

Keep it up peeps...
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I was reading some articles on running. There was mention of doing HIIT so that your body can train and respond to spikes of increased exercise. Also, mentioned how 8 to 9.5 hours of sleep is so important for cellular repair.
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    So, I broke my toe this morning. I can't walk without limping, so running is out of the question. Guess I'll be starting over in a week or so when I can walk again. Until then, I'll keep up some crunches, so I'm not completely out of it. Ugh. This kind of blows. Every time I start making progress, something happens and I lose it. :brokenheart: :cry:
  • KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    So, I broke my toe this morning. I can't walk without limping, so running is out of the question. Guess I'll be starting over in a week or so when I can walk again. Until then, I'll keep up some crunches, so I'm not completely out of it. Ugh. This kind of blows. Every time I start making progress, something happens and I lose it. :brokenheart: :cry:

So sorry to hear this. I hope you are getting better!!! :heart:
  • journey2size10
    Options

when it rains it pours I guess! I twisted my ankle after mons run...it wasn't even during the run! After I ran, I stretched and I think I stretched too far and reaggravated an old ankle sprain that I think never probably healed. It didn't really set it until late last night, so today I'm off my feet and if it stays the same will go in to the dr to get it checked out..so no more runs for me until further notice.
    I'm gonna have to pull out my pilates videos so I can get some type of workout in..my limp is bad and I don't wanna aggravate it, wish I had a bike here at home cuz the gym is out of the question.

good luck to everyone!
  • thebigwindmill
    thebigwindmill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Every time I start making progress, something happens and I lose it. :brokenheart: :cry:

Yes! That happens every time to me too so I feel your annoyance. Feel better!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have just finished W1 D3. I like to do strength training as well. Any thoughts out there on strength training (legs specifically) while doing the C25K program?

I am finding that "programs" such as C25K really work well for me. So in addition on the days I am not running I am adding the 100 pushups program - hundredpushups.com. They also have a situp and a squat program. I plan on adding these later.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Hope you feel better soon!

My knee is still hurting! On Mobic and a round of prednisone. Lots of tylenol. Really hope to be back on the wagon quick, but healed! Really antsy to get running, shredding!:)
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I am on week 5 Day 3 -- the dreaded 20 min run. Honestly, I have been putting this off for almost 2 weeks. Tomorrow I am going to just DO IT!

I start Week 5 tomorrow so please check back in and let us know how you did. I am dreading it myself. But I just LOVE the program. Best of luck to everyone in this challenge. You CAN do it!
  • pinkstapler
    pinkstapler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Finnished W2D1 today after coming back from vacation, it was very hard to get motivated to go running in 100 degree heat when there was a free pool just waiting to be jumped in :wink:

Good job to everyone who finnished another day on this program and I hope that everyone who got hurt feels better soon!
  • penash
    penash Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm totally proud of myself today. I skipped my run yesterday because I had a splitting headache. Today, I'd talked myself out of going to the gym after work. My motivation level was running in the negative. But, I went anyway. I was able to finish
    W2D1, and felt great afterwards. Yay me!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm totally proud of myself today. I skipped my run yesterday because I had a splitting headache. Today, I'd talked myself out of going to the gym after work. My motivation level was running in the negative. But, I went anyway. I was able to finish

AWESOME JOB!!!
  • ertrauma
    ertrauma Posts: 46 Member
    Options

One day at a time, one decision at a time. You CAN talk yourself out of the negative! It CAN be done!!
  • ertrauma
    Options

Life is full of challenges; what makes us is how we answer those challenges. There are many things you can do to burn calories without running or walking. Think about it, write it down, then just do it!
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You and I are at the same mark, at about 50 secs, I was looking at the watch. I had to push thru to the 90 secs and it took a good minute to recover. I run outside and the hills are KILLER. I ran yesterday and today is off day even tho I will still do some HIIT. Week 3 is definitely very scary

Monday, W2D1
    Tuesday, HIIT

Does everyone like this program? I'm just not sure about running in general. It's really hard on the knees and joints. It's a great calorie burn as well.

Keep it up peeps...

I am so glad I decided to catch up on this thread. I completed Week2 day 1 this morning and it was HARD, but I did it all. I'm with you on pushing through to the 90 seconds and really fearing week 3. My husband keeps reminding that I felt the same after Week 1 day 1, so it WILL GET better...repeat after me....IT WILL GET BETTER!
  • ertrauma
    Options
    I have just finished W1 D3. I like to do strength training as well. Any thoughts out there on strength training (legs specifically) while doing the C25K program?

I am finding that "programs" such as C25K really work well for me. So in addition on the days I am not running I am adding the 100 pushups program - hundredpushups.com. They also have a situp and a squat program. I plan on adding these later.

Thanks for the input. Sounds interesting! Will look at the website this evening at work.