WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• linnellal
    linnellal Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Jumping for joy! I've lost 12 lbs so far (since February 10th )!!! It just keeps getting better. I want to thank all of you for your support. We are better together.
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    linnellal wrote: »
    Jumping for joy! I've lost 12 lbs so far (since February 10th )!!! It just keeps getting better. I want to thank all of you for your support. We are better together.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Pip, nice looking BIL.

Trailgirl. Welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Please tell us about yourself to help us get to know you. We also ask that you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. Come often.

Joyce, maybe when Charlie gives someone a choice of restaurants he should just give them a choice of two? That would be two of his choosing of course. goodone.gif The Kohl’s shopping sounds like fun!

Wendy, so sorry you couldn’t sleep. We all seem to have that problem once in a while and I just hate sleep deprivation. dreaming.gif

Sylvia, I wish I could wave a magic wand and get you well. With all you have to do, I know being sick is not on your agenda. (((Hugs)))) get-well.gif

Pip, you and Kirby are both amazing. I hope you get tons of donations.

Mary and Janetr, impressive workouts!!! Keep it up. You ladies are the bomb! woohoo-smiley-emoticon.gif

Lisa, what wonderful news about not having to relocate for the job!! It sounds like it can’t get any better than that. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Heather, so happy for your son!! That is terrific news and now you can stop worrying, Mum! Beautiful picture.

Katla, glad you made it home safely and had a good trip.

Becca, so glad you and sisters reconnected. Now you keep it going. Great pic with the boys and DIL.

Sylvia, that is terrible that someone would do something like that to a cat. I just can’t believe the cruelty of some people. Glad you got to go to the doc the next day.

Janetr, love the Gardner signs. Lol

Gayle, sending healing thoughts to you and all those suffering from illnesses at this time. I have become such a wimp about getting sick. I just hate it and do all I can to stay healthy. Get well soon. smiley-sick018.gif

Mindy, you know you are welcome to rant any time you need to. I’d want a Pity Party too. I know how you feel about resenting what your DD is doing. You are working hard to make things work and she’s working against you. Additions are so sad and so destructive. ((((Hugs)))) Keep putting one foot in front of another. Great on the walk you had.

Rori, thinking of you while you are busy at your conference this week.

Anne, glad you are working to eat right and sending you lots of positive vibes. Hang in there.

MicheleNC, you are going to have to find something for Vince to do when he’s playing chauffeur other than eat. You are right that he will put on weight and then of course it would be your fault. eating-burger.gif

Barbie, glad you made it home safely.

Katla, I feel the same way about seeing pictures of wounded animals. I hate the ads on TV with the abused animals and often change stations. Glad you had a good trip and enjoyed the visit. At least these days with phone calls being so easy, we can stay in touch with loved ones. I remember when DH and I first moved out of state it was still expensive to make long distance calls and we talked to our parents once a week. (Later) Gosh that sounds like an interesting meeting on pot. I’m sure there are some strong thoughts on all sides.

Heather, sorry to hear that your DH got upset about the train situation. It is ashamed that you always have to be the strong one, but like you said it is a blessing that you can. Thanks to Barbie, I think lots of us are learning to stay in the moment and be grateful for the positive rather than concentrating on the negative. Good for you!!

Allie, sorry Tom had one of his snits! Why is it when men are worried or scared or anything like that, they just get mad? And of course the closest person around gets the brunt of it. I’m sure he’s worried about his job but to have the nerve to say he does everything around there is hilarious. You hang in there, my friend. ((((Hugs))))

Penny, what an interesting tradition. I love the sun collars. Thanks for sharing. waving-good-afternoon-sun-smiley-emoticon.gif

Beth, crossing fingers for that scholarship. That would have to help.

Cheri, it is unreal that any hospital doesn’t take BC insurance. I hope the surgery goes well and she has a quick and easy recovery.

Pip, glad the roof is done. I hope you like the new workplace. It’s always interesting to see who gets stressed over a move and who embraces a change.

Kay, I am so impressed with the workouts you are doing. You are going to get in such great shape. Good for you!!! (later) Great NSVs. See it’s working already. Woo Hoo

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I am finally to the last page but need to get this posted and get moving. I have to get my nails done today as tomorrow we go to the Moose convention. We have a full kitchen in the room so will take food for at least half of the meals. I find it interesting reading all the different views on height. I was 5’6” until spinal fusion and advanced age took me down over 2”. My DD was 5’8” and when a doctor told her that he didn’t think she would get any taller, she cried. I think she was about 13 at the time. She wanted to be at least 5’10” for some reason. It was a beautiful day yesterday. At line dancing the floor has a few slick spots. Yesterday I slipped and caught myself but in the process I hurt my back. I didn’t finish dancing and this morning it is sore still.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. good-afternoon-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,625 Member
    Options

YEAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know anything aboug Lenora in Georgia? She hasn't posted for several days. I wonder how she and DH are doing. Lenora, we miss you.

Janetr okc
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :'( I'm grieving the loss of my weirdest cat, Zoso, this morning.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,147 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I am just waking up. I was up all night with a coughing fit. So I combated it by running a hot bath and soaking for an hour or so. I also loaded up on vitamin C. I feel a lot better now. Time to get up and take care of the puppy and swing that kettle bell!

Heather - no, I am not thinking of doing anything competitive like bodybuilding. I am just trying to get rid of 30 pounds of fat. I have been stuck on a plateau and I am trying to break it. Hopefully this will work. And I'm hoping that 30 days of hard work will pay off.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options

So sorry.

Cheri
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options

Awesome! smiley-happy110.gif

Cheri
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

That's so sad. I'm sorry you lost your furry friend.
  • fanncy0626
    Options

I am so sorry to hear that! (((Hugs)))
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday. I am working 7-2 today and then going over to visit my friend. My DB called me last evening to tell me his daughter's water broke and they were on the way to the hospital. So the little girl was born just before midnight. Yesterday was one of my DGD's birthday so should not have any problems remembering this baby birthday. They live about 50 miles from here so plan to stop on Saturday or maybe just go over on Sunday to visit and meet the new family member.

Becca--I do believe your mom had a hand in it and wants you and your sisters to closer.

Sylvia--How terrible! I do not understand how someone could hurt an kitten or any animal.

Mindy--Sending hugs and prayers.

Barbie--glad you and your whole family are home. Love the picture of the falls.

Penny--Thanks for sharing about the sunday. What a neat event.

Katla--Big HUGS!! I know it is not easy having our children so far away, sometimes I long for the days when family stayed in the same area and sometimes the same farmstead.

Becca--How nice of you to share your piano playing.

Katiebug--Congrates on the NSV at the Red Cross and with the purple pants.

Well today is a short day and I am glad as news wise this has not been a good day. Found out two people in my dept gave notice. One for next Saturday the 19th and the other April 14th. We are aready short 3 people. I do not know how we are going to cover all shifts that short. I also found out this morning that a problem with a doctor that our "new" boss said she took care of yesterday was not. So I went to our director this morning. So now sure what is going to happen. Oh well going home soon and maybe take a nap.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • fanncy0626
    edited March 2016
    Options
    10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge

GobletSquats- 3X7X25
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 34X15X25 = 510

Day 8 Challenge Total- 3525

After being sick most of the night I wasn't sure if I would be able to get this done during one session. I battled through it and was successful! Now to go for a nice long walk.

I hope everyone is doing well on there eating and exercise goals! Everyone on here is doing such a great job.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Did 45 minutes of Yoga this morning. My back has been very sore lately...not sure why...so back to doing yoga.
    It's 70 degrees in Massachusetts today. What a tease!

Mary you are a driven woman :smiley:

Kimses in MA
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. I've been sick as in bedridden for the past two days. On the up side, I haven't been able to keep down any calories...

-Yvonne in TX
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Today's weight training:

Triceps Extension 3x10x10
    Lunge 3x10x5
    Abdominal Crunches 3x12x10
    Dumbbell Row, Two-Arm, Bent-Over 3x10x10
    Standing Biceps Curl, Dumbell 3x10x20
    Leg Curls 3x10x8
    Side Leg Raises 3x10x8
    Leg Extension 3x10x8
    Overhead Press, Barbell 3x10x20
    Front Squats, Barbell, Arms Crossed 3x10x5
    Front Raises, Straight Arm 3x10x10

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options

I am so Sorry, its very hard to lose them. (((Hugs))).

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Linnellal - Jumping for joy! I've lost 12 lbs so far (since February 10th )!!! It just keeps getting better. I want to thank all of you for your support. We are better together.[/quote]

WOW, way to go. Happy dancing with you. Hanging in there pays off. Keep it up.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,625 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,296 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lineal - Wow! 12 lbs! :smile:

Janetr - Excellent work! :flowerforyou:

Love Heather UK