WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    By the way, I am playing a two hour lullaby set on youtube while I read and post on here. The kids are sleeping, so I guess it works! Anyway...I was looking around on youtube at "marathon" music (music that plays for hours); did you know that they have music that will make you have an orgasm?! They have it geared toward men and/or women. I didn't try it (honest!), but it IS intriguing! Do you think it works?
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Thanks for the compliments. I showed the picture to D(not dear at the moment)H, and he said, "yeah, I can tell a big difference." (Pause while he waits for me to look happy.) "You're smiling in the second picture."

Tell me again why I stay married to this man for 41 years?

Oh, yeah, it's because he does my laundry!

This just cracked me up!! Men!! You look fantastic! The difference is definitely noticeable!

Tryingtolive ... Budgetbytes.com ... Single gal on a budget ... Makes regular size meals and portion freezes. A lot of good recipes. Even though I'm cooking for more than one, I freeze individual portions. No waste. A meal is always a few minutes away.

Beth
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    REally, I think the last orgasmic concert I went to was probably David Bowie or Duran Duran...
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Finally made quinoa that I could eat! Rinsed and rinsed it. Then made an adapted southwestern salad with it. Feeling food righteous!!

Beth
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,745 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Larisa~ that's true!! thanks for the inspiration ;)
    I have swept and washed the wood floors with murphys oil soap and cleaned our small 1/2 bath ,on my hands and knees, called Dr's offices trying to get the low down on how much it will actually cost when I do go to my kidney Dr in August, Tom doesn't want any suprises... well from what I can tell with the insurance It will be 120.00 to the Dr, and 149.00 to the facility.. plus about 300.00 for bloodwork... so close to 600.00 and they wont pay 80 % until we meet the deductable of 5500.00 per person.. per year.. He will have to live with it..
    I am listening to Pandora, and it is playing music from the musical South Pacific.. love all the old musicals :) now~ Dont cry for me Argentina
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Got the answer on the job. Came in second.

NSV-- instead of eating my feelings, I ran a couple miles instead.

Shower time, see if I can't find my big girl panties, and pull those on, and on to the next thing.

Lisa in West Texas

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    MightyLolo wrote: »
    11,000 steps all for not, as I have just sabetaged myself with junk... Oh well, will try and wash it out with alot of water... and back at it,to the gym and no more yucky stuff... Katie I can see the difference...

Nooo don't think of it that way :)
    Imagine if you had eaten junk and *not* had the 11,000 steps...this is better, at least.
    Prevail! :wink:

Larisa in Seattle

Larissa, I like your viewpoint. It makes so much sense! :bigsmile:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,069 Member
    Options
    Dr. Katiebug love the photos. Great progress!!!!

Carol thanks for the poem seems to finish where the Guest House left off. I will make a copy and post it too. Another one by my meditation spot too.

Have a great day!

:heart: Margaret
  • grandmallie
    Options
    another 10 minutes and then back up and at em until bedtime....
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Today has been blown...whopper and fries from Burger King. But, my mom really enjoyed getting out and it was worth the calories and seeing my sis. Will be glad to get back on track tomorrow. Thank the good Lord there is always another day to start anew.

Dr. Katie ~ Great job....Can see you are tightening up!

Great poems everyone...Thanks for sharing.

Carol
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Lisa, major bummer. You are definitely #1 with us!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,277 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just heard from my DS#2 about the moving situation. You all know he got the job in Brighton.
    They got an above the asking price offer on their house in London and offered under the asking price on a lovely one in Brighton. I have looked at the details. Beautiful. They will hear tomorrow morning for definite.
    I hope they get it as it's perfect for them - really near the train station for DDIL 's commute to London a couple of days a week when the baby is a bit bigger. :noway: 1 hr 5 mins journey. It's in Hove, which is slightly to the west of Brighton central and 15 minutes from the sea front. 5 minutes from the shops, restaurants etc. Good state schools.
    I am crossing all my fingers and toes. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK

Lisa - Oh #×÷÷+×!!!!!!!!!! Xxxxxxxxxxx <3:flowerforyou:
  • MissPen2014
    MissPen2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dr. Katiebug - you look fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up!
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies
    Just checking in. Still logging and earning plenty of Fitbit calories but I have been eating them and then some. Add to that I am bound up and have some issue maybe a UTI and it was no surprise when my scale said I was up three pounds. I haven't been eating my produce so I will conscientiously do so today and drink beacoup water and some cranberry juice. I used to take still softener daily but it went from one to two and the finally three before it would help. This was around the new year and everyone at WF was talking about digestive cleansing. Thanks to logging I could easily see that my problem centered around lack of fiber and have since been off stool softener for a couple months. Sorry for the TMI

Update w Melody. Just got back from her pre surgery blood, urine and EKG. Booked for the 15th. This is finally giving me the kick in the patooty to take care of that horrible pile of stuff in the family room. She insists she won't be able to manage the stairs which I think is silly it's only laparoscopy. She wants to clean up the whole pile tonight and tomorrow and put our spare twin mattress on the floor in there where there is a half bath. Whatever. If it will round me up some help w the pile I guess it's a good excuse. She has sworn off alcohol again..and promptly collected a bunch of cans today to buy herself a gram of pot. Veeerryyyy disappointing.

To all who have given encouragement...THANK YOU! And yes I did go to a coup,e of Alanon meetings last summer and they were immensely helpful w getting a back bone and throwing out my son. And he is in Florida now still smoking pot but finally has held a full time job for over six months and therefore in my eyes improved. The meeting I attended was on Sun nights and unfortuneatley I never get them off...and won't ask bc it's time and a half. So FAIL TO PLAN IS A PLAN TO FAIL. I will look up the alternative meetings an get my caboose to one.

I am also awaiting my new tenant to come down as I am throwing him out. He is routinely moderately inebriated and occasionally obnoxious and was quite so last night..I will not tolerate this.

Work is still going well. Winning the donation total prize every day I am on...plus I stayed late last night and I got another certificate for $7.50 plus my boss said he heard I was at the hospital all night w Mel and told me to put my missed hours from Monday in as sick time and he would ok it and I am getting paid for that too! PLUS the manager of the whole store found out I have lost over 40 lbs since getting hired in August and had inspired several overweight coworkers to join MFP and she gave me a $50.00 gift card! Holy crap! Can't wait to make my list and use all of this bounty! Meat is definitely on the menu for this weekend!

JOYCE I AM VERY GLAD YOUR SEEING TO ALL OF THESE MEDICAL CONCERNS! Btw melatonin,knocks me for a,loop.

Haven't seen Lenora post since her list? But I am two days behind...

LISA WAY TO GO ON THE INTERVIEW

MARY I TRAINED MY PREVIOUS DOGS SADLY NOT THESE TWO AS I GOT THEM AS ADULTS TO ELIMINATE PRACTICALLY ON COMMAND BY WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG TAKING THEM OUT ROUTINELY TO AN AREA THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO GO AND HANGING TEDIOUSLY OUT THERE UNTIL THEY DID AND RIDICULOUSLY EXCLAIMING GOOD GIRL PEE PEE OR POO POO! AsTIME WENT BY AT MY ENCOURAGING VERBALLY AND SETTING THE SITUATION SIMULTANEOUSLY UP FOR SUCCESS BY MAKING SURE WHEN I BROUGHT THEM OUT THEY WERE "FULLY LOADED" I.E. HAD HAD PLENTY OF WATER AND JUST BEEN FED..THEY BEGAN TO SQUAT WHNEVER AND WHERE EVER THEY WERE WHEN I GAVE THE SUGGESTION. VERY HELPFUL FOR TIMING POTTY MOMENTS BW NICE YARDS ON YOUR STREET OR BEFORE YOU HAVE TO THROWNTHEM IN THE CAR. NOT FOOL PROOF BUT WORKED PRETTY WELL FOR ME.

LOve you All
    Mindy
  • grandmallie
    Options
    I can't really eat that type of stuff anymore Carol, makes me ill..which is a good thing...but sometimes I slip and eat cookies,have been good with candy lately...
    today was snyders bacon cheddar pretzel pieces, and muddy buddies both which are highly caloric and horrible for you.. stupidity on my part..but will probably have 15,000 steps by the end of the day.. like seeing on the fit bit website daily average of 12,000 steps :smiley:
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    KatlaDJ I take the sublingual B12 but I never forget to take it. Since the gastric bypass surgery I have to take it once a day and multi vitamins twice a day and calcium three times a day. Also have had to start taking an eye supplement once a day since they discovered the macular degeneration. I take them after meals and seem to remember ok.

Janetr OKC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    Today's workout was more arm stuff, 3 sets of 15 each:

Leaning lateral raises (5 lb barbell)
    holding a bar at waist height, then raising it above your head keeping arms close to body
    Holding an 8 lb weight out in front of my waist, raising arms, twisting weight, then lowering arms
    Using rope and pulley up high, pulling toward face, 60 lbs
    One more with two 8 lb Dumbbells, but cannot for the life of me remember what we did, some king of arm raises, I'm sure.
    Then we worked core, 3 sets of 10 bird dogs, 3 sets of 10 hovers and 1 minute planks.

Then I came home and walked 2.65 miles with DH.

Weigh-in this morning: 204.2, my lowest in a really long time. I can feel onederland coming on.

Lisa, I'm so sorry about the job. I agree with whomever said you are number one with us.

I celebrated a really good day by blowing all but $10 of my weekly "fun money" on a mani-pedi. My toes are now Cajun Shrimp, my nails are American natural looking gel polish.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,604 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug - u look awesome! u go gurl!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Drkatiebug - you look great! Don't worry about your arms, strength training will take care of that! It has really made a difference on my arms.

<3

Mary from Minnesota

Katiebug - you can definitely see a difference. My arms look about like that too after losing 125#. Its hard at this age.

Mary - That would be great if the strength training would help my arms :)

Janetr OKC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,852 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Really windy here today with some sun and some clouds. Not getting much done as breathing is still not good and oxygen sats are low.

Katla and CSSJ - I have sarcoidosis diagnosed in 2011. It started in lymph nodes in my chest and moved to lungs and bone marrow. It is the flaring/remitting kind. I do well for a while and then something triggers a flare. This time I suspect it may be all the flowering stuff here in WA that we did not have in SD. I thought I had a cold but it has progressed to awful cough and shortness of breath. Usual treatment is prednisone burst and taper. I see a new for me pulmonologist on Wednesday next week. It will be good to get established here.

Katiebug - Nice pictures.

Ladies - Very inspirational poems. Thanks!!

Lisa - Sorry about the job.

Mindy - WF sounds like a good place to work.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA