New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited March 2016
    MMMM I love premier protein bars, but have never tried these! How were the cookies and cream and peanut butter?(I don't like mint)

Noreenmarie-

I actually don't like mint much either but the mint was pretty good. Not too strong. I was actually going to trade them with someone else who loves mint but I might keep them. The cookies and cream was yummy. I am trying the peanut butter tonight. Save the best for last!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    rsystfaff8zs.jpeg
    Not very good, I am not a fan of pea protein. I was curious to try because I love their chapstick haha.

24150498116_78af4b94c2_o.jpg?resize=640%2C533&ssl=1
    I LOVED these bars, very good.
    23548390494_a18f36c25c_o.jpg?resize=550%2C741&ssl=1
    My new favorite cereal, I would buy again. I love pepitas.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    M1-PRODUCT-BOX-SPLASH-CC.png
    Found these at Walmart, though they're new to me. Per bar, it was about $0.30-0.50 cheaper than Quest (Quest bars run about $2.50-2.75 depending on the location), but the additional $0.30 really makes Quest bars taste better. I didn't really care for the stevia (I could really taste the stevia, when I can't taste sucralose), the bars were much harder than Quest's, and the chocolate chip pieces didn't taste like real chocolate (it was like hardened chocolate-flavored water).

I would get these again in a pinch (or if I want to be cheap), but Quest still wins in terms of taste. Walmart was also selling the Atkins Lift bars (they also have macros similar to Quest's), but I'm scared to try them when they're at least $0.20 more expensive per bar than Quest.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Found these at Walmart, though they're new to me. Per bar, it was about $0.30-0.50 cheaper than Quest (Quest bars run about $2.50-2.75 depending on the location), but the additional $0.30 really makes Quest bars taste better. I didn't really care for the stevia (I could really taste the stevia, when I can't taste sucralose), the bars were much harder than Quest's, and the chocolate chip pieces didn't taste like real chocolate (it was like hardened chocolate-flavored water).

I would get these again in a pinch (or if I want to be cheap), but Quest still wins in terms of taste. Walmart was also selling the Atkins Lift bars (they also have macros similar to Quest's), but I'm scared to try them when they're at least $0.20 more expensive per bar than Quest.

I second that these are not very good. They are also made with that soluble corn fiber which I cannot stand the taste of. I don't like quest anymore, but would even prefer quest current to these. I tried the cookies and cream too, not good and had an odd aftertaste.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    These are really good. Going to use them for preworkout.

vj59m5q98jkc.jpg
    Fib.jpg 39.2K
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    mastheads_d_dressings_07_Yogurt_Cilantro-Avocado_png_19b464e6-f1f2-4d0a-b01b-acb1288a8245.png

New to me product and it is AMAZING. I am not the biggest fan of cilantro and neither is my husband, but this we both thought was incredible. I could see using it instead of Miracle Whip for a lot of things and using it as a veggie dip. Nom.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    abatonfan wrote: »

I second that these are not very good. They are also made with that soluble corn fiber which I cannot stand the taste of. I don't like quest anymore, but would even prefer quest current to these. I tried the cookies and cream too, not good and had an odd aftertaste.

These bars just flat out suck!

I've tried this flavor & the Cookies & Cream & both had practically no flavor whatsoever.
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Got some vegetarian "tuna" at the store today. Per my husband it tastes nothing like tuna(I can't remember what the real stuff tastes like) I think the brand was carolina's.. It basically tasted like TVP with very little seasoning wasn't awful but probably wouldn't get it again.... They had some veg "chicken" patties in a can that I'm tempted to try just for fun
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    m9mkjcokapqs.jpg

These have caught my eye pretty much every time I've gone to TJs since I moved here last August. I finally got them, as my "yay finals are over" celebration. They're not *bad* but they're not really what I hoped, either. It's definitely a dark chocolate ganache on the top, rather than a frosting. I also like my peanut butter frosting (the filling) to be a bit sweeter and a bit saltier - this tasted more like peanut butter than peanut butter frosting. Overall, the whole thing is not very sweet and has a quite intense chocolate flavour. I can imagine these being amazing if you're in the mood for that. But, since I really had a craving for a sugar overload, I will make my own cupcakes with PB frosting. I just have to figure out who to give the rest of the batch to, haha.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Yogi teas

I'm testing out the muscle recovery tea right now.

ichill liquid sleep aid

0 cals. I used to drink zzzquil but it has 80 cals.

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    m9mkjcokapqs.jpg

These have caught my eye pretty much every time I've gone to TJs since I moved here last August. I finally got them, as my "yay finals are over" celebration. They're not *bad* but they're not really what I hoped, either. It's definitely a dark chocolate ganache on the top, rather than a frosting. I also like my peanut butter frosting (the filling) to be a bit sweeter and a bit saltier - this tasted more like peanut butter than peanut butter frosting. Overall, the whole thing is not very sweet and has a quite intense chocolate flavour. I can imagine these being amazing if you're in the mood for that. But, since I really had a craving for a sugar overload, I will make my own cupcakes with PB frosting. I just have to figure out who to give the rest of the batch to, haha.

I only bought those once also. The chocolate are the ones that call my name when I'm at TJ's.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited March 2016
    m9mkjcokapqs.jpg

Nothing worse than looking forward to something and being disappointed!

There's so many great bakeries selling donuts and cupcakes here, I just can't do the mass produced stuff.

On an unrelated note, I went to Shop Rite and a whole section of the ice cream selection was gone... Basically all the Edy's and the new stuff that caught my eye last week. Really curious about what they're going to put there instead... but I have so much food in the fridge now, it will be a while before I get there again.
  • mathandcats
    Francl27 wrote: »
    m9mkjcokapqs.jpg

There's so many great bakeries selling donuts and cupcakes here, I just can't do the mass produced stuff.

Yeah, that's the main reason I never bought them! I love to bake and have recipes for dark chocolate cupcakes with PB frosting that are way tastier! But I know if I hadn't gotten these I'd feel their pull every time I'm at TJs, so I guess it's good to know. There aren't actually any bakeries at all near me. If there were, I would have gotten a single cupcake there to satisfy my craving.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    m9mkjcokapqs.jpg

Yeah, that's the main reason I never bought them! I love to bake and have recipes for dark chocolate cupcakes with PB frosting that are way tastier! But I know if I hadn't gotten these I'd feel their pull every time I'm at TJs, so I guess it's good to know. There aren't actually any bakeries at all near me. If there were, I would have gotten a single cupcake there to satisfy my craving.

Oh that's sad :(
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    m9mkjcokapqs.jpg

Glad I saw this after my trip to TJs today, otherwise I might have tried them. I am a big baker but those make me curious! I did buy dark chocolate covered raisins to have in case I need them! Lol
  • mathandcats
    I suggest this recipe if anyone wants dark chocolate cupcakes with PB frosting: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/dark-chocolate-cupcakes-with-peanut-butter-frosting/. You can definitely halve the frosting recipe and still have enough for 12 cupcakes. Be sure to start with a peanut butter you like.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    l2c4i4zh8ees.jpeg
    I bought this today... It's super yummy!!!!
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    CrabNebula wrote: »

New to me product and it is AMAZING. I am not the biggest fan of cilantro and neither is my husband, but this we both thought was incredible. I could see using it instead of Miracle Whip for a lot of things and using it as a veggie dip. Nom.

The mango chipotle flavor is my favorite. So good!