New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Caloric bomb, but awesome if you like cheesecake. Personally I'm not a huge cheesecake person so I can't foresee myself eating it again.

jj9gsklcid02.jpg

Oh. My. God.

How similar is it to their Speculoos cookie butter cheesecake? I have the frozen bitesize ones and found them disappointing... maybe I should just make my own cheesecake.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    sweetcream.jpg
    Not a huge fan of walden farms products except for the honey dijon dressing and maple syrup, but I saw this and thought I'd try it. I had it in my coffee and it was actually REALLY good. I liked it in my coffee way more than my usual almond or cashew milk. It was creamy like actual cream and very thick. I would definitely buy again. I didn't taste any weird artificial taste that I get from many of their products (I hate all their other dressings, chocolate sauce and peanut butter)

IMG_1570.jpg
    Have not tried the hot chocolate yet but the sugar cookie is my new favorite. I LOVED it! It was very sweet and definitely tasted like a sugar cookie. It complemented the salty kettle corn nicely. I liked this flavor more than all of the others I've tried.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Caloric bomb, but awesome if you like cheesecake. Personally I'm not a huge cheesecake person so I can't foresee myself eating it again.

jj9gsklcid02.jpg

Oh. My. God.

How similar is it to their Speculoos cookie butter cheesecake? I have the frozen bitesize ones and found them disappointing... maybe I should just make my own cheesecake.

I'm honestly not sure, I've never tried that one! It didn't taste anything like cookie butter though. It was definitely minty and not overly sweet other than the peppermint flavored chocolate ganache on top (which was my favorite part). I feel as if the cookies were very subtle. Really not as great as I was hoping, but if they sold just the ganache topping I'd be all over it o.o
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    sweetcream.jpg
    Not a huge fan of walden farms products except for the honey dijon dressing and maple syrup, but I saw this and thought I'd try it. I had it in my coffee and it was actually REALLY good. I liked it in my coffee way more than my usual almond or cashew milk. It was creamy like actual cream and very thick. I would definitely buy again. I didn't taste any weird artificial taste that I get from many of their products (I hate all their other dressings, chocolate sauce and peanut butter)

IMG_1570.jpg
    Have not tried the hot chocolate yet but the sugar cookie is my new favorite. I LOVED it! It was very sweet and definitely tasted like a sugar cookie. It complemented the salty kettle corn nicely. I liked this flavor more than all of the others I've tried.

I'll admit I ate a whole bag of the Sugar Cookie no regrets :).

The Peppermint kettle corn is also really good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

jj9gsklcid02.jpg

Oh. My. God.

I loved the cookie butter cheesecake bites!

Ok I'm actually liking this peppermint craze, as it doesn't appeal to me at all.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    sweetcream.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

Thanks for the Walden Farms rec. After seeing so many pans on here, I'd have never tried it. Now, I'm thinking I may have to locate their Original Cream and try it for espresso and chai lattes. I love those things, have all the equipment to make them at home, but hate to fit the calories in my day.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

jj9gsklcid02.jpg

Oh. My. God.

literally drooling over this, but glad I didn't notice it while at TJ on Saturday.. would be a tease for me.
  • hgycta
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I bought more from Linda's Diet DeLites >.> The chocolate fudge brownie I got from Simply Scrumptous was so good I had to try their peanut butter flavor. While not the most visually appealing, it tasted super indulgent for only 60 calories! If it was creamier, it'd be identical to fudge. I've never been so satisfied with a company! (Just not their frosted donuts) tc0raqzn3cru.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    bourbonpeacanpie-pint-detail.png
    This completely overtook my plan to buy one of HEB's season quarts. I'm sure the anticipation adds to my delight, but this was very delicious and well worth the 300 calories. It tastes more like caramely than anything. The alcohol isn't very strong and doesn't overpower the sweet goodness. There were also more pecans than I expected in a 105 gram serving. Admittedly, I didn't notice the shortbread cookies.

img_3401.jpg
    I also opened these today and enjoyed them. They have the right amount of pepper.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    mom2kpr wrote: »
    Noosa yogurt. It's Australian I guess. Absolutely amazing! Need to go buy more.
    omg! noosa.. it is a crime to call it yogurt. sweet, creamy, decadant! yum!!!

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    j5z8277ukfjc.png

I posted this before, but I finally got around to trying it (I was drinking the Silk soy nog instead, which was just alright). This is fantastic! I had been craving a peppermint mocha from Starbucks, but this satisfied the craving with just half a cup and for waaaaaaay fewer calories and dollars (45 cal/half cup). I'm not sure if it could be heated without going weird, but I will probably try it!
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    These are really yummy and thick... works for topping everything - on plaing yogurts, pancakes, waffles, cakes, muffins, few drops in coffee. Omg - out of this world.

Schwartau_Sauce_Cream_Vanilla_125ml.png

Schwartau_Sauce_Schokolade_125ml_small.jpg

Delicious vanilla milky drink

3315_drink-fit-milch-drink-vanille-16x-0-5l_0.jpg

/As you can see I'm a big vanilla fan :D/

Got that:

Dr-Oetker-Milchreis-Klassisch-Milk-Rice-Classic-125g_main-1.jpg

Rice pudding with milk, but still haven't tried it...

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I found these on clearance at Natural Grocers. I expected them to be the exact same as their Chocolate Chip bars, but they're surprisingly not. Tastes like a combination between their Chocolate Brownie and Chocolate Chip flavors.
    21633142909_860b08e8d9_z.jpg
    There is something just very odd about these. Tastes kinda like a sweetened up softer version of their Espresso Slim bars. It also had a light film on some parts of the coating, which I read in a bunch of reviews is a common problem. Definitely not worth the $1.79.
    nugo-dark-mocha-chocolate-lg.png
    I think I tried their superfood flavor a few years ago, but I'm not sure. These are a lot like the Brownie Clif bars, but an improved version of it. Still prefer the other Clif bar flavors over these, though.
    1172.png
    These definitely have a soynut and date thing going on. I like it.
    1178.png
    Eeeewwww.
    61vVtI4gTSL._SX522_.jpg
    This did not taste like peanut butter or a peanut butter cup.
    81LRMBM0D1L._SX522_.jpg
    I really like the coating on this.
    nugo-organic-double-dark-chocolate-lg.png
    Not coconutty enough for me.
    nugo-dark-chocolate-coconut-large.png

@hgycta Good thing I didn't end up buying a jar of their pumpkin spice peanut butter. I ended up buying Follow Your Heart's VeganEgg as an add-on item instead. Besides, I already have 20+ jars of the Skippy Natural on hand.

Also, I checked out the ingredients on the new Lenny and Larry's coconut chocolate chip cookies... WTF? I don't think vitamin D3 is vegan, unless that was a mistake of some sort. Then again, they're not a vegan company, and there certainly isn't FDA regulations around the word...

(100%VEGAN) ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR [UNBLEACHED], NIACIN, IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), CANE SUGAR,PALM MARGARINE (PALM OIL, PALM KERNEL OIL, SUNFLOWER OIL, WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE MONOGLYCERIDES, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, FLAVORING, CITRIC ACID, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN D3),PROTEIN BLEND(PEA PROTEIN ISOLATE, BROWN RICE PROTEIN, WHEAT GLUTEN),VANILLA FLAVOR, SPRINKLES (SUGAR, CORN STARCH, VEGETABLE FAT, SPIRULINA EXTRACT, TURMERIC, CAROTENE, PAPRIKA, BEETROOT RED, ANTHOCYANINS, MALTODEXTRIN, CARNAUBA WAX), OAT FIBER, APPLE FIBER, MOLASSES, BUTTER FLAVOR, SALT, BAKING SODA, FLAXSEED, OREGANO, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN

@MissBabyJane Those ought to be imported to the US.

It's possible that it could be vegan. The multivitamin I take (Mykind Organics Women's Once Daily) has vegan D3 sourced from licens. They make a vegan D3 vanilla-flavored spray as well. It's a pretty expensive vitamin though, so I wouldn't think that those protein cookies would be high-end enough to have vegan D3. So I dunno. Does they package mention what they source it from?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

jj9gsklcid02.jpg

Oh. My. God.

I thought the cookie butter cheesecake bites were really meh too. I have been trying to pawn them off on my kids and even served them at a party and still have some left.
  • hgycta
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Man, I'm sorry about all these posts, but the more I try from Simply Scrumptous the more I fall in love. Low calorie, yet SUPER sweet!!!
    It's sweetened with erythyritol, I'm curious what everyone's opinions are on this? I try to avoid aspartame, but I'm guilty of consuming other sweeteners like sucralose.
    Anywho, it was moist and the cinnamon swirl topping was GRITTY. Ahh perfect!!
    HOWEVER, I've been wasting my money buying these on Linda's Diet DeLites. -.- Simply Scrumptous has their own website and it's so much cheaper (although they only sell them per dozen, which now I know I don't mind). I'm waiting for a Cyber Monday sale though c;
    From what I've tasted, in order from products I've liked the most to liked the least (which I still really liked): Peanut Butter Brownie, Cinnamon Coffee Cake, Chocolate Fudge Brownie & Carrot Cake, then the Vanilla Glazed Donut which had me less impressed because it was so small and hardly filling compared to their other treats.
    2lfd8zswrm1x.jpg
    1o1wq0tkscik.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Man, I'm sorry about all these posts, but the more I try from Simply Scrumptous the more I fall in love. Low calorie, yet SUPER sweet!!!
    It's sweetened with erythyritol, I'm curious what everyone's opinions are on this? I try to avoid aspartame, but I'm guilty of consuming other sweeteners like sucralose.
    HOWEVER, I've been wasting my money buying these on Linda's Diet DeLites. -.- Simply Scrumptous has their own website and it's so much cheaper (although they only sell them per dozen, which now I know I don't mind). I'm waiting for a Cyber Monday sale though c;
    2lfd8zswrm1x.jpg
    1o1wq0tkscik.jpg

I'll be on the lookout for a Cyber Monday sale for sure.

Which ones are your favorites?
  • hgycta
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    2lfd8zswrm1x.jpg
    1o1wq0tkscik.jpg

I'll be on the lookout for a Cyber Monday sale for sure.

Which ones are your favorites?

Honestly their brownies, this, and the carrot cake are all really really good. The peanut butter brownie is probably my absolute favorite only because peanut butter fudge is my greatest weakness and it tasted very similar to that, but all their products are exceptional it all really just depends on what you like! The only thing I wasn't impressed with were the glazed donuts; they were sweet, but rather small and not filling at all.