New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I would prefer to eat erythritol over aspartame or sucralose, except that I'm pretty sensitive to sugar alcohols. 13g of it would almost definitely upset my tummy.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Man, I'm sorry about all these posts, but the more I try from Simply Scrumptous the more I fall in love. Low calorie, yet SUPER sweet!!!
    It's sweetened with erythyritol, I'm curious what everyone's opinions are on this? I try to avoid aspartame, but I'm guilty of consuming other sweeteners like sucralose.
    Anywho, it was moist and the cinnamon swirl topping was GRITTY. Ahh perfect!!
    HOWEVER, I've been wasting my money buying these on Linda's Diet DeLites. -.- Simply Scrumptous has their own website and it's so much cheaper (although they only sell them per dozen, which now I know I don't mind). I'm waiting for a Cyber Monday sale though c;
    2lfd8zswrm1x.jpg
    1o1wq0tkscik.jpg

I'll be on the lookout for a Cyber Monday sale for sure.

Which ones are your favorites?

Honestly their brownies, this, and the carrot cake are all really really good. The peanut butter brownie is probably my absolute favorite only because peanut butter fudge is my greatest weakness and it tasted very similar to that, but all their products are exceptional it all really just depends on what you like! The only thing I wasn't impressed with were the glazed donuts; they were sweet, but rather small and not filling at all.

Thanks for the review, I may purchase black friday, they look delicious
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Dumb question, but have you weighed the finished products? Not that I don't trust labels, but, well...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    I would prefer to eat erythritol over aspartame or sucralose, except that I'm pretty sensitive to sugar alcohols. 13g of it would almost definitely upset my tummy.

Yeah, I was looking into them but those sugar alcohols scare me! :)

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I tried this in this recipe. It turned out amazing. Way more satsifying than regular mashed potatoes.
    Universal-CC-Plain_0.png
    Oooo, I really want to try this recipe. I think I'll save it for my sister's birthday.

• Francl27
    Options
    I tried this in this recipe. It turned out amazing. Way more satsifying than regular mashed potatoes.
    Universal-CC-Plain_0.png
    I bought six boxes of this stuff on a whim, and I'm so glad I did. Seems to cook quicker compared to their red lentil rotini and penne varieties.
    Tolerant-Food-Organic-Green-Lentil-Shells-837186006300.jpg

That mashed potato recipe seems extremely deadly, lol.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    thanksgiving_chips.png
    I saw these at target, didn't buy but I am SO curious if they are any good. Seem weird, but pumpkin pie chips?! Hmmm haha
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Yeah, I've never heard of pumpkin pie chips. XD Trader joes has a pumpkin tortilla chip, but the addition of pie is pretty out there.

I'd definitely want to give them a shot. I actually think someone left a positive review of the turkey and gravy chips on this thread.
  • mathandcats
    Options
    The turkey and stuffing chips from TJs are pretty good, if you like those flavours. But not as good as the 10/10 rating they got on whatsgoodattraderjoes.com.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Dumb question, but have you weighed the finished products? Not that I don't trust labels, but, well...

Hahaha you and I think alike; that's the first thing I did once I got them! Unfortunately, every single time they've weighed more than the label says. For example, if it says 2 oz, it's generally between 2.5-3 oz. if it says 2.5 oz, it's most likely actually 3.5 oz. Therefore, you may want to assume it has an extra half serving per treat. Still, a little less than 100 calories so I can't complain when it tasted that good!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    I finally got around to trying the Birthday Cake Lenny & Larry's cookie! It was pretty good (tasted like cake batter), but I wasn't blown away by it and don't favor it over the Snickerdoodle or Coconut Chocolate Chip by any means. It was a little more dry, in my opinion. Worth trying out, but not a flavor I'll be getting again!
  • Francl27
    Options
    I finally got around to trying the Birthday Cake Lenny & Larry's cookie! It was pretty good (tasted like cake batter), but I wasn't blown away by it and don't favor it over the Snickerdoodle or Coconut Chocolate Chip by any means. It was a little more dry, in my opinion. Worth trying out, but not a flavor I'll be getting again!

Aww. I got to try the coconut chocolate chip. Odd how everyone loves the snickerdoodle though, I found it just ok and it's definitely the one I like the least from all the flavors.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

I tried the birthday cake as well, LOVED it! I am a huge fan of "birthday cake" flavored things. I didn't like the snickerdoodle either @Francl27 I found it boring.
  • mathandcats
    Options
    nx3zdj8uz3of.jpg

I was trying to resist buying more cookies, but I got this today anyway. At $7 it's definitely a splurge, and the calories are too. I tried the peppermint today - very good, and very satisfying! Peppermint is one of my favourite flavours, but the dark chocolate covering makes it so I'm actually satisfied after one, whereas with Oreos I could eat many. It's worth the $7 for me. I want to try the ginger and peanut butter ones!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm putting this here because it will be new in the future and I wanted Noreen (and anyone else who hates the new Quest bar formula) to see it. :)

Did anyone on their email list see the accidental email they sent to the beta testers? They then followed it up with an email apologizing and explained they've been tweaking the new formula so......

They've been listening to the feedback and there's hope the bars will be good again! :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    nx3zdj8uz3of.jpg

I was trying to resist buying more cookies, but I got this today anyway. At $7 it's definitely a splurge, and the calories are too. I tried the peppermint today - very good, and very satisfying! Peppermint is one of my favourite flavours, but the dark chocolate covering makes it so I'm actually satisfied after one, whereas with Oreos I could eat many. It's worth the $7 for me. I want to try the ginger and peanut butter ones!

I got that for a Christmas gift last year and loved it! The ginger ones were by far the best...

• CooCooPuff
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I'm putting this here because it will be new in the future and I wanted Noreen (and anyone else who hates the new Quest bar formula) to see it. :)

Did anyone on their email list see the accidental email they sent to the beta testers? They then followed it up with an email apologizing and explained they've been tweaking the new formula so......

They've been listening to the feedback and there's hope the bars will be good again! :)
    I saw that they said they would honor the original free two boxes email.

I was looking for the protein powder but signed up for the accidental email too late :(
  • Francl27
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

I got the email too. Never got a 'it was an accident' meal though. Odd. I did reply right away so maybe?