Replies

• DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Double check with him and your counsellor but it reads to me that your husband was seeking novelty. Grass is greener and all that. I bet you are plenty attractive and able to keep his interest.

Well golly gee, I certainly hope nothing ever happens to me that affects my looks so my husband can keep his interest in me. :|

Seriously. Signed, your friendly local ogre.

Stop that! You are not an ogre nor are your looks any part of the problem here. As many have already said, it's him. 100% him. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and you're definitely entitled to your feelings, but you aren't the problem.
    I normally do yes! My sanity is a little questionable this last 48 hours! Lol. Just need some time. Going through the motions.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    darlswife wrote: »
    I'm so sorry this happened to you.
    Your husband cheated on you because of his own selfish reasons. It has nothing to do with you. Even him telling you is more for him unloading his guilty conscience than it is about "doing the right thing ".
    Get yourself a counselor and I hope you have some people in your life you can talk to as a support system as well.

You didn't do anything wrong. People cheat on thin spouses just as often as heavy spouses. Please don't blame yourself.

I agree with all the posts above me, but this one the most.

I am one of the "thin" wives that was cheated on - mine went for a much heavier (twice my size) and much younger opportunist, who was notorious for flirting with married men. She can have him, they deserve each other.

You will be setting a much stronger example for your children by not letting him put any of the blame on you for his lack of moral character.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your situation. My first marriage, I was head over heels for my spouse as she was drop dead gorgeous. I was so blind to her "red flags." Until a few incidents happened that I was able to put two and two together. It hurt bad......but it helped me grow more as a person and now I like to think I've upgraded with spouse #2.

But to the point......my former spouse has deep rooted issues steaming back to lack of attention from her father. She always needed constant attention from men, no matter what kind of attention it was. So sad really.

Keep your head beautiful!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    My husband told me he cheated on Saturday. I am not going to get into how terrible I feel, where to go from here with my family or any of that. I really just need help and advice because my self esteem is absolutely shot. I am consumed with thoughts that this is all because of my weight and if I was slim this never would have happened. I know I'm wrong but I feel like I'm drowning. Calling the counselor today but just didn't know if any of you had experience with these feelings. Thank you.

You are beautiful, if not stunning!! Please know deep down that this is a fault of HIS, not yours. People who cheat will cheat regardless of what they have going for them at home. I hope your talk with the counselor helps you to find some peace within yourself. Good luck, chin up, FISTS up!! Much love xo
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Double check with him and your counsellor but it reads to me that your husband was seeking novelty. Grass is greener and all that. I bet you are plenty attractive and able to keep his interest.
    Basically this yes. He said he knew he messed up right after and the grass isn't greener (he even said that) and he isn't sure why he ever felt like he needed to sleep with more than one person to be sure I was the one (oh thanks!!!) and he regrets it every day. Awesome. I'm seriously just flatline right now.
    That's great that he found out cheating on his wife and child's mother wasn't what he wanted. That idiot. You are a lovely looking lady, and no one deserves that. Definitely talk to the counselor, they should be able out more than we can. Regardless of that, many virtual hugs no one deserves that. Remember to do what is best for you (and your child) in this issue. :smile:
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    ok first of all , is your husband blind???!!! to be honest i dont think i need a second !!

i cant even pretend to understand what you're going through but just surround yourself with friends and family , have a think about whats best for you and then go from there.

He has to be blind because this woman is a dog. I know that is mean and it isn't her fault but I was so shocked. I'm no super model but wow. He said she is basically the work skank and she offered and he just accepted for the sake of trying someone else and it was just for the experience. Adorable isn't it?

My husband told me years ago, it's not about finding something "better"....it's about having something "different". This won't help you feel better, but it might help to put him into perspective xo
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    The issue is with him and not you. Period. It doesn't matter the situation, how green the grass is, your physical traits, etc. It is an issue within himself.

Amen.
  • DanniB423
    Options
    ok first of all , is your husband blind???!!! to be honest i dont think i need a second !!

i cant even pretend to understand what you're going through but just surround yourself with friends and family , have a think about whats best for you and then go from there.

He has to be blind because this woman is a dog. I know that is mean and it isn't her fault but I was so shocked. I'm no super model but wow. He said she is basically the work skank and she offered and he just accepted for the sake of trying someone else and it was just for the experience. Adorable isn't it?

My husband told me years ago, it's not about finding something "better"....it's about having something "different". This won't help you feel better, but it might help to put him into perspective xo

He said this. He said he starting thinking about what it would be like to only ever have one person. We were in a rut and it just happened. Ouch.
  • DanniB423
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    Basically this yes. He said he knew he messed up right after and the grass isn't greener (he even said that) and he isn't sure why he ever felt like he needed to sleep with more than one person to be sure I was the one (oh thanks!!!) and he regrets it every day. Awesome. I'm seriously just flatline right now.
    That's great that he found out cheating on his wife and child's mother wasn't what he wanted. That idiot. You are a lovely looking lady, and no one deserves that. Definitely talk to the counselor, they should be able out more than we can. Regardless of that, many virtual hugs no one deserves that. Remember to do what is best for you (and your child) in this issue. :smile:
    I know! I'm so glad he was able to work that out for himself. Poor guy. Lol thanks so much:)
  • DanniB423
    Options
    He literally has ugly cried since the moment be told me. I bet he is. It's absolutely ridiculous and draining beyond belief.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    He literally has ugly cried since the moment be told me. I bet he is. It's absolutely ridiculous and draining beyond belief.

Ew at ugly cried. Keep your head up, and smile as much as you can. You are the better person, which he is quickly finding out xo
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    JayRuby84 wrote: »
    This is so sad. I know there are plenty of people on this site who choose to cheat on their spouses. I've seen photos of the spouses and trust me, people aren't cheating because they have unattractive partners. They are lacking something from their marriage and or seeking attention to make themselves feel better. It's not about you. It's about the cheater needing help. If you stay w/ your husband he will likely continue to cheat at various points during your relationship. You deserve someone more confident who isn't going to need that outside attention in order to feel complete. Trust me. I have friends in real like who cheat and online friends who cheat. It's not your fault! But I would get the heck out of that relationship and get counseling.

Be careful making assumptions about someone you never met. I don't think the OP should be bogged down and given extra things to worry about from strangers. People can change if they want to.

OP, I ended a 6 year relationship with suspicions of cheating etc. It was never confirmed. We broke up. Our relationship was terrible. I was terrible, he was terrible... It was bad. We are back together a year or more later, and things are the best they've ever been, I'm the best version of myself, and so is he. My point is, be careful with everyone shoving their opinion down your throat. I think someone already said it - don't make any big decisions right now. I still had to live in our shared apartment for a month after we broke up, and it was probably one of the darkest and most terrible times of my life. I don't even remember majority of it. I think of that time, and it's just a black hole. There is light at the end of the tunnel, no matter what you decide to do. And there's no rush. Heart ache is a real thing. It hurts. Bad.

Take care of yourself and your child. Do what's best for you right now, and you will come out of this stronger than before. It's shocking how we adapt and grow and get tough when life throws lemons your way. When I was at my darkest times, I woke up and said 10 things that make me happy. It's cheesy - but it helps.

Good luck to you, I don't know you personally, but you sound like you have a strong head on your shoulders.
  • liftsalltheweights
    liftsalltheweights Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    They are lacking something from their marriage and or seeking attention to make themselves feel better.

If there is something lacking in a relationship then you need to sit down and talk about it with your partner. If you don't then yes, they more than likely will continue to cheat.

Communication is key in a relationship. If you don't tell your partner what you want or need or what's lacking then there will be problems.
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I was just thinking the same thing! Yes, Danni, you are physically beautiful. I know nothing about you as a person, so I would only be guessing to presume you are also kind, loving, affectionate, trustworthy, honest, and all other good things. And, no matter what, I don't think anybody deserves this kind of betrayal and my heart goes out to you, sincerely -- from another who has been there.

But, part of the truth is, just as Tracy said, that no matter where you fall on the scale, it has NOTHING to do with your partner's choice. AND, no matter where the other person falls on the scale of beauty or weight, that also has NOTHING to do with the choice. How you look in relation to her doesn't matter; and how she looks in relation to you doesn't matter. If you have a witch personality and she is a princess, it doesn't matter. And, vice versa. Who and what she is or was or could be does not alleviate the raw pain of betrayal.

For everybody, would it be any less wrong or any less painful if the person your partner cheated with was somebody who looked just like you? Or was your exact proportions? Or was just as, if not more, attractive than you are?
  • jprewitt1
    jprewitt1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

He is "ugly crying" because he feels bad that he got caught. Be prepared for some more bombshells to drop. If he says it was a one time thing, be prepared to find out it was many times and possibly more than one partner. He may be telling the truth, but don't accept it as the gospel. He has to do a lot of work to even come close to gaining some of your trust back. Right now, he is crying because he doesn't want to feel bad. He isn't taking your feelings into account at all. Once he gets his head out of his *kitten* he'll hopefully realize that just sitting around feeling bad for himself and crying isn't going to make anything better. I hope things work out for you. I speak from experience that they can get better. People make mistakes and we hurt those we love. If he is truly sorry and is willing to put in the massive amount of work, copious amounts of late night talks, and never ending questions then maybe things can work out between you two. If not, then do what is best for your mental and physical health.
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    yeah, like PP said, he's crying purely because he's been caught, he's fessed up and probably hoped you'd give him a second chance to prove himself.

he's probably just now realising what he's thrown away to get his end away (this is me assuming he slept with someone :/
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options

Ew at ugly cried. Keep your head up, and smile as much as you can. You are the better person, which he is quickly finding out xo
    I lol'd at ugly cried, but I tend to be spiteful. :pensive: And I too believe that he's crying because of what he did, not what harm his actions did to others (including that woman's husband).
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Dude, therapy is the right call. No matter what happens in a week, a month, or a year, you've gotta take care of yourself first.

Also, get tested for STDs. he may have only cheated once, but if he was in contact with you afterwards, the other woman may have unknowingly passed something on.
  • PlantBasedRnr
    PlantBasedRnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ok... I have read everyone of these posts and would like to add my two cents... First and foremost I am sorry for the pain you are feeling right now, I can't even imagine HOWEVER - don't do anything drastic like leave or throw him out, yes you probably need time to sort through your feelings but I would strongly suggest you talk to someone and then the two of you talk to someone - who knows you may come through this stronger than before and your relationship may survive, if that is what you want... remember, anything worth having is worth working for. I can't begin to explain his reasons for doing what he did but coming from a man ( me ) trust me it isn't an issue with you, it is an issue with him... your are a beautiful woman, don't let him or anyone else take that away from you. Lastly, his " ugly crying "... yes while the term is funny has it occurred to you ( or anyone else ) that maybe those are tears of hurt and pain? Maybe he realizes what he has done to your relationship? Maybe he realizes the hurt and pain he has caused, maybe he realizes he could lose you. Take your time, find yourself and make a good decision, you can and will get through this.
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Maybe he realizes what he has done to your relationship? Maybe he realizes the hurt and pain he has caused, maybe he realizes he could lose you. Take your time, find yourself and make a good decision, you can and will get through this.

I, too, think this is possible. While I don't know the pain of betraying another by cheating, I do know the pain of hurting somebody emotionally. Most of us humans, when we hurt somebody we love, it hurts us. So, I'm definitely with brhollifield on the above.