• raccfirthy
    raccfirthy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fell below my driver's license weight!
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    neohdiver wrote: »
    Got my first lipid panel since diagnosis with diabetes. I switched to a low carb/moderate protein diet to control blood glucose. In 5 months:
    • A1c: from 7.2% to 5.7% (normal)
    • Cholesterol: from 231 mg/dl to 173 mg/dl (normal)
    • HDL from 46 mg/dl to an HDL of 55 mg/dl (normal)
    • LDL: from 151 mg/dl to an LDL of 99 mg/dl (normal)
    • Trig: from 171 mg/dl to Trig of 94 mg/dl (normal)

Yay!

(That particular dietary restrictions with a calorie goal, means I consume 60-80 grams of fat a day to satisfy my calorie needs. At least from an n=1 perspective, it answers any remaining questions I had about whether eating a high fat diet (with minimal carbs) is disastrous for cholesterol.)

Outstanding!! I've lost 26 pounds since Christmas and have my blood work done in 3 weeks. I can't wait to see how different from last January. I'm eating so much better and exercising more.
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym on Friday and strangely felt like I still had energy left to burn when I got home. So on the spur of the moment I decided to go for what I intended to be just a five-minute run out along the lane behind our house and back (it was the first run I'd have done in over 4 years). I felt so good when I got to the end of the lane that I just kept on going!! I got back to the house a full twenty minutes later - after running around the whole block without stopping and without losing my breath - it felt FAB! :)
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've had two this week -
    1) I have lost another inch in measurement all over.
    2) I ran 3.45 miles last night non-stop, so basically just over 5K. Considering 6 weeks ago I struggled with running a couple of minute intervals I am super happy about this. :smiley:
  • mollypw1994
    mollypw1994 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I got checked out at the gym when I was wearing my yoga pants... looked up to see who it was. It was hubby :blush:
    That is the best feeling of all - having your hubby check you out like that :smiley:

My NSV - benching 40kg!
    I got checked out at the gym when I was wearing my yoga pants... looked up to see who it was. It was hubby :blush:

Oh I love this!! Go you!

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    ydts7zfzs3wd.jpg
    I tried on a bridesmaid dress this morning that I had worn 8 months ago. I knew I had lost a lot of weight, but seeing how big it was on me almost made me cry.

wow good job!
  • justjumpit278
    justjumpit278 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I distinctly remember one day last summer that I had on a certain pair of jeans that were so tight it was uncomfortable to sit down. I'm wearing them today and I definitely should have worn a belt! I can nearly fit my arm in the waist!
  • kj_180
    kj_180 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    After using my roommate's/gym's scale, I finally bought one for myself this morning, so I can remain accountable for my weigh ins. Hope this still counts as an NSV! ;)
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I distinctly remember one day last summer that I had on a certain pair of jeans that were so tight it was uncomfortable to sit down. I'm wearing them today and I definitely should have worn a belt! I can nearly fit my arm in the waist!

Yay! Great job!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm now just 1 lb away from the goal weight I set myself on MFP. I guess it's time to start checking out the maintenance section!
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm now just 1 lb away from the goal weight I set myself on MFP. I guess it's time to start checking out the maintenance section!

Wow! Congrats!

• carrieg20
    carrieg20 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Last year I bought a belt and could barely do it up; now it slides off my hips.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Well done, everyone!

2 nsv's here: my ankles don't swell up at the end of a day spent walking and standing any more
    My trousers which cut into my waist a month ago are comfy now (not loose yet but I'm working on it)
    I'm still keeping with it!
  • ccnagain
    ccnagain Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I started weight lifting and still going strong with it!
  • vannyn42
    vannyn42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I tried on a bunch of dresses that I couldn't wear for over a year and they now fit really well!
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    ydts7zfzs3wd.jpg
    I tried on a bridesmaid dress this morning that I had worn 8 months ago. I knew I had lost a lot of weight, but seeing how big it was on me almost made me cry.

Girl you look fantastic! Now you need to find a picture of you when that dress fit....I'd be crying too!
  • mollylayton
    mollylayton Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have to tie up my yoga pants to stop them from tripping me. Either they're stretching or I'm shrinking.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!