I knew I was losing weight when... (fun, motivating thread!)

Replies

• chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    I knew it was working when I found slim fit shirts fit better than normal ones.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when my
    New gym gear was getting baggy and I
    Also had to get new jeans for work as they were falling down

If it helps, mine fell down with a dance move. At the end of a performance. Luckily, the only video I am aware was filmed froman angle. If you know what to look for, you can still barely see me hitching them back up.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    I knew when I almost lost my swimsuit bottoms in the middle of water aerobics.
    I knew when my old face showed up in the mirror after a haircut. I suddenly realized my chins were gone.
    I knew when my wedding ring began to spin on my finger.
    I knew when I looked down in the shower and did NOT see my belly!
    I knew when I could put on socks without straining.
    And the list goes on....
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    When I realized today that I might have to buy a belt and When I ran up the stairs to catch a train and didn't feel like I was going to die
  • jgundz
    jgundz Posts: 2,735 Member
    I knew my lifestyle change was working when I no longer craved soda and if I had it, it didn't taste right!
  • LakenBakon
    LakenBakon Posts: 12 Member
    I realize today when I tryed on a par of shorts that I haven't been able to ware since I met my boyfriend three years ago there tight but they buttoned and zipped... I am a long way from being the weight I was when we meet but it feels so good to know I will have real shorts to ware this year rather then ol cut offs I made out of jeans with holes in the thighs (aka chub rub holes) lol
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    I knew when my chef's coat and pants there were busting at the seams are now fitting loose on me, as well as being able to wear my wedding ring again.
  • Tatiana269
    Tatiana269 Posts: 23 Member
    Feeling a slight difference in my inner thighs.. They don't rub as much! Yay!
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    I went to rest my hand on my back just above my hip, and there was no more back fat.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    When my leggings were too big. Lol
    When folks I hadn't seen in a while started raving and wanting to know what I did.
    When my Fitbit large, on the tightest notch, kept sliding down.
    When the "coveted" thigh gap appeared. I'm not into them as I'd rather have thicker thighs, but hey my workout buddies are and they rave, so that's nice.
    When my shoes became bigger.
    When my cheeks became flatter.
  • Syneea
    Oh yeah, and when I Noticeable lost my "junk in the trunk". Have a little hanging on by a thread now. lol Hopefully weight training will build it back.. That's the plan.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    I knew when I lost my muffin top.
  • Veryana
    Veryana Posts: 122 Member
    When I can sit on one seat in bus without hanging over the edge or claiming my territory over other passenger's seat.
    When I need to pull up my pants every second step so they won't drop to my ankles next step.
    When I'm doubting did I put any pants on in morning because I can't feel them pressing anywhere and belt is keeping them up... :s
  • Syneea
    I knew I was getting into Shape when I started training like an athlete.
    I knew I was losing weight when I was able to cross my legs without tugging on my jeans to help my leg over the other.. and the leg didn't just slip right off!!!

I knew I was losing weight when my husband was walking behind me and commented "look how skinny you're getting!"

I knew my lifestyle changed when I had a "cheat day" and couldn't wait to get back to my normal eating the very next day.

Great Thread!!

Forgot all about that! My hubby dragged me to the mirror like, "look at your waist!!". Def a good feeling. Lol

• Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    I knew when I went to a dinner party and a friend drunkenly blurted out "You're so tiny!" out of nowhere. I'm not 'tiny,' but I'm definitely smaller than I used to be. Thank the gods.
  • MrBlodudel
    MrBlodudel Posts: 13 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when I chose to wear a boring but small t-shirt to work instead of one of my favorites, which are all starting to look ridiculously over-sized on me.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    ..... my knickers fell down when I was running! (good job I was at home on the tredmill)
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    When I turned down my mom's fried pork chops. I did stare at them creepily though and even smelled them but didn't eat.
  • loreefabulous
    loreefabulous Posts: 19 Member
    When I realized all of the junk food I couldn't live without no longer sound appetizing to me.
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    When I can now feel a collar bone. When I can pick my babies up and carry them on a hip.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!