What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't have my scales this week so I have been eyeballing portions and guessing recipes (I am not cooking either). Si my NSV is I have let myself go to bed slightly hungry some nights when I felt I had already met my calorie target! At the beginning of this late night snacking was something I never thought I could conquer.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »
    I don't have my scales this week so I have been eyeballing portions and guessing recipes (I am not cooking either). Si my NSV is I have let myself go to bed slightly hungry some nights when I felt I had already met my calorie target! At the beginning of this late night snacking was something I never thought I could conquer.

Really great!
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers noticed! That's really helpful, because *I* can't see that I look any different.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Putting on my dress pants for work this morning I briefly thought my waist looked much slimmer. I'm still a real big guy so it's relative (300+ lbs) but it made me smile to finally think o may have been able to spot a small change in my body beyond just knowing in my head that I was losing. Seeing the difference is motivating
  • NArunner
    NArunner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My NSV - today i realised that me & my 3 yr old daughter regularly SIT DOWN together for snack or lunch....a far cry from what it used to be - i used to grab food, from the packet straight to my mouth, mindlessly, and she was beginning to follow my example! Now we prep lunch nicely & sit down to relax and enjoy the meal together. (I'm a sahm, so being around food all day makes it a little hard at times).

Reinforces one of my personal health rules....NEVER EAT STANDING UP
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Strivingforhealth12 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    KpopGrad92 wrote: »
    Today's NSV: I did the house grocery shopping by myself. The things I put in the cart as treats: Blended veggie juice, women's health magazine, and full priced mushrooms. Previously it would have been oreos, poptarts, chips and ice cream.

Love this!

• 75poundgoal
    75poundgoal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I put on a pair of pants that I bought years ago and have never been able to come close to buttoning. They were loose!!
  • xynyth
    xynyth Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My pants are falling off. I recently had to go up a size so now I'm back to normal fat lol. Still, Yay!
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Last year I had to teach a course which involved having to wear a lab coat. They are colour coded in our lab, with green the biggest, and last year even that was too small and I had to wear it open, rather embarrassing . This year today I had to teach the same course, and the green coat buttoned all the way up with even a bit of room to spare, no buttons straining, comfortable. A really clear bit of evidence that I have shrunk. Happy! Next lesson I will dare to try on the next size down.....
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Most of my pants don't fit lol. They are getting pretty baggy and it looks like I'm in need of new ones or a belt. I'm so excited considering I just had a baby :-)
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    jokoh92 wrote: »
    This is not really a big one, but I was in the bathroom at the gym dancing to the music and for the first time in a long time upon looking at myself in the mirror, I felt good about my body!

Are you kidding? This is HUGE!!
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning eager to work out. Also, I resisted looking at the scale (I'm trying not to obsess over the numbers on the scale.)
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ydts7zfzs3wd.jpg
    I tried on a bridesmaid dress this morning that I had worn 8 months ago. I knew I had lost a lot of weight, but seeing how big it was on me almost made me cry.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!!!!!! I'm really proud of you!!!!

I wish we could "like" posts!!!
  • vannyn42
    vannyn42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I prepped my meals have been pre-logging my meals for the following few days and am actually following it so I stay within my macros and calorie allotment. I didn't care too much about macros before but since I'm almost 10-12lbs from goal weight, I thought I'd try and see if that helps me get there easier.

• BrittneyLervig
    BrittneyLervig Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Downsized from size XL scrubs to large!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    My orthopedist said I could resume my regular activities. It's been six months since a car crashed into me while I was riding my bike and one of the injuries that resulted was a fractured hip. I didn't gain any weight and I'm signed up for a 40 mile bike tour in May.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    I'm impressed Neohdiver. Are you on any meds as well? I am on metformin

I'm on 500 mg ER Metformin. My understanding is that dose is normally just a stepping stone to 2000 mg/day - but my doctor does not seem inclined to step me up. ;)

When he diagnosed me in October, I chose my battles. I let him win on Metformin, but refused statins. When I have a few spare minutes I'm going to research it a bit more to see if rumors that it might actually help heart health have any support. I've researched enough to know it is innocuous, as long as your GI system can tolerate it.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    NH_Norma wrote: »
    I've lost 26 pounds since Christmas and have my blood work done in 3 weeks. I can't wait to see how different from last January. I'm eating so much better and exercising more.
    Fantastic! I hope you have results that match or surpass mine!
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    aliceghinn wrote: »
    My NSV - today i realised that me & my 3 yr old daughter regularly SIT DOWN together for snack or lunch....a far cry from what it used to be - i used to grab food, from the packet straight to my mouth, mindlessly, and she was beginning to follow my example! Now we prep lunch nicely & sit down to relax and enjoy the meal together. (I'm a sahm, so being around food all day makes it a little hard at times).

Reinforces one of my personal health rules....NEVER EAT STANDING UP

Love this! One of my biggest motivators is setting a good example for my girls!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!