What silly things did you do before you started this?

Options

Replies

• Jeff_Sawtelle
    Jeff_Sawtelle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    This was long ago: I baked a pan of brownies so my husband could have dessert with his lunch when he came home from work. He had 2, I had 2, then after he left I ate the rest of the pan. I didn't want him to know I had eaten them all so I baked another pan and ate 4 of those. No harm, no foul!

That's what I'm talkin' about!!!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Ah, the days when I ate the chocolate spread with a soup spoon from the jar :)

Do you have silly things like this? Let's have a laugh :)

Lost 95 pounds - gained 25 back - down 5 again and I still do this. Admittedly I now only have one measured (to the gram) spoon but I still do it. Yesterday's breakfast (I slept until nearly moon!) was cookie butter. ;)

When I was in college - freshman year - I would have chick fil a for breakfast every morning. Two chicken biscuits with jelly. There was a perfectly good dining hall that actually had healthy options but I would go to chick fil a instead. It's not surprising I end up 215 pounds.

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I used to eat frosting straight from the container with a spoon while playing video games all day. Mmm, frosting.

Oh, and I used to eat an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey in one sitting too.

Oh, oh, and I could down an entire bag of BBQ potato chips by myself in like 10 minutes.

Now I don't buy those yummy things, because I could/would still do all of the above if I had a bad day. ;)

Oh goodness, me too with the video games. I remember one day when I was around 21, I woke up at 8 or so and spent the entire day sitting on the couch playing Tales of Symphonia. I only got up to pee. Next to me was a gallon jug of water, a full pack of Keebler Rainbow Chips Deluxe cookies, and an economy sized bag of Swedish Fish. I ate all of it. I can't believe I was 115 pounds. It makes sense that I gained weight fast within the next few years.
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Eating an entire box of mac and cheese that I added stupid amounts of butter, milk and like 4 servings of extra old cheddar too.... thinking about it now not must have been over 2000 calories.
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bags of chocolate, and sucked down so much pop, no wonder I ballooned.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    In my mid 20s when I first started gaining, I got these Nestle Sweet Success shakes, similar to Slimfast. I liked them so much that I would drink 2 at a time, twice a day. Instant weight gainer.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    This thread is similar to one of the reasons Weight Watchers and I don't fit. People talking about their eating glory days. Man I can contribute to this......
    • Semi-sweet chocolate chips. I still do this but I weigh out a little now and then - not grab a handful.
    • Double stuff Oreos eat two, now what do I do with the rest of the package. Oh yeah - leave it out at work!
    • Prime, rare steak; eat til I'm stuffed.
    • I will consume just about any cheese made

My unique item
    • Used to take a big flour tortilla, butter it, spread shredded cheese, microwave about 45, then roll up and eat.
    I probably won't return to this thread. Makes my hungry.

• fifiman
    fifiman Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Mindlessly snack.

Now I weigh and portion snacks.

Ditto.

I miss sitting at the computer playing with my guild buddies and having snacks within reach so I only had to leave the missions to go pee. Also, eating the whole plate/package of food at restaurants and home. Eating to satisfaction, I miss thee.

Lol, I used to do the same thing when I used to game. Gained so much weight during that time!
  • EdgarPs
    EdgarPs Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Eggnog straight from the carton in vast quantities.
  • MyWeigh94
    MyWeigh94 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I used to go to Culver's and get a quadruple cheddar butter burger, with extra cheddar and bacon. Plus 2 orders of fried cheese curds. With ranch. And then I would get a large hot fudge and peanut butter malt instead of a soda. And then eat it all in the car before I went home.

Or I would get one if those giant hershey bars and eat it with a whole 16 oz jar of peanut butter.

• sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Eat a whole container of Oreos in a day....
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Eat an entire, 6-count box of ice cream drumsticks from Aldi in one day, 4 slices of pizza+bread sticks+wings, an entire row+of Oreos, I ordered and ate with reckless abandonment when eating at restaurants. Drank lots of strawberry lemonade and hi c fruit punch/orange and had 3-4 strawberry margaritas in one sitting. So many needless, empty calories :s .
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    I used to eat frosting straight from the container with a spoon while playing video games all day. Mmm, frosting.

Oh, and I used to eat an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey in one sitting too.

Oh, oh, and I could down an entire bag of BBQ potato chips by myself in like 10 minutes.

Now I don't buy those yummy things, because I could/would still do all of the above if I had a bad day. ;)

Oh goodness, me too with the video games. I remember one day when I was around 21, I woke up at 8 or so and spent the entire day sitting on the couch playing Tales of Symphonia. I only got up to pee. Next to me was a gallon jug of water, a full pack of Keebler Rainbow Chips Deluxe cookies, and an economy sized bag of Swedish Fish. I ate all of it. I can't believe I was 115 pounds. It makes sense that I gained weight fast within the next few years.

You know, if you'd nixed the water, you could have spent more time gaming. :)

Let's see, I'd eat a whole medium cheese pizza for lunch and then order ribs and chicken fried rice for dinner (and finish it all). And in between I'd polish off a pint of some sort of ice cream or half a bag of fun sized snickers and half a bag of fun sized milky ways.

Remembering these things makes others sick? It just makes me sad I can't eat like this anymore and keep off the weight I'd gained by eating like this. :)
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Jump right in with hard, hard cardio, and no real plan about diet change other than making sure to have healthy food at each meal. Generally not making a food plan at all, so I'd succumb to junk and then feel terrible.

lol I trained for a marathon despite having NO running experience. Did it for 6 months. Lost a few inches Then three weeks before the marathon I went for a 23 mile run and fractured a metatarsal. I stopped running for months, and barely even walked. Gained the wait back plus twenty pounds.

Did a lot of Bikram yoga for a while. Sometimes I'd do double sessions, back to back. Then I'd burst out exhausted and hungry, with no plan about what to eat. I'd have nothing in my bag - not even some almonds or a granola bar, and I'd remember that I barely have anything to eat at home (I had a habit of buying groceries irregularly). And in this situation, I'd leave the Bikram studio and walk home, passing a restaurant with my favorite pad thai, and then Columbian rotisserie chicken, and then a Mexican taqueria, lol. It was a set up for disaster. Sometimes I'd stick it out, but many times I just gave it and undid the 90 minutes of work and my money. Thing is I did lose a bit of weight and look a lot better. But I would have gotten twice as far if I had watched my diet first and just did a couple sessions of Bikram a week with a light snack right after.

On Friday night, I realized the importance of meal planning. My thought process could have been a joke, lol. I had salmon nicoise planned for the evening. I traveled home after a long day at work. Drove past all my favorite restaurants, and each time I was like "oh, Korean fried chicken! No, I have a salmon nicoise at home. Oh! Mapo tofu. No, I have a salmon nicoise at home. Oh, lamb kebabs and dill rice! No, I have a salmon nicoise at home. Oh! Bibimbab - that's healthy. No, I have a portioned out salmon nicoise at home. . . "
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    -Pb&j with at least 3 servings of peanut butter
    -wine and cheese dinners (because we all know that bottle of barefoot won't be good the next day so let's just drink it all and once you cut that block of cheese it's got to be eaten
    -1box/bag=1 serving right?
    -cheese was a food group and went with everything
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,741 Member
    Options
    EdgarPs wrote: »
    Eggnog straight from the carton in vast quantities.

HaHA! Reminds me of drinking quantities of homemade, from a recipe that included a dozen raw eggs, 3 full pints of heavy cream, whole milk, plenty of sugar, brandy, rum (or was it whiskey?), and nutmeg. So thick you had to eat most of it with a spoon (on account of beating the egg whites & whipping the cream). I have an amazing (in a bad way) Christmas photo of all the adults in my family sitting in the living room looking seriously comatose after drinking this stuff on top of a Christmas dinner. LOL!

Don't try this at home, kids!
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    -Pb&j with at least 3 servings of peanut butter

And...now I want one! I haven't had a pb & jam sandwich in ages!!
  • akamran1
    akamran1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    eat half a pan of baked ziti, no problem!

Baked ziti is my kryptonite ;-)
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    When I was young and skinny I would eat whatever I wanted. Because I could. I would demolish a whole pack of biscuits. Or a 99g bar of Cadburys chocolate. When I started gaining weight I just didn't stop eating like this. I couldn't imagine doing any of those things now.
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I would eat a block of cheese a day. Yes, I would go to the store and load up on 5 bricks for the work week. And I would eat that with 1/2 of a summer sausage. This was one of my snacks for the day while working.

Also, there is no bag of chips that is safe around me. It would turn into an instant feed bag to be strapped on and devoured.