30 day shred starting 3rd June

Options

Replies

• Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    I have been looking for a meal planfor 30 Day Shred...I can't find one.So a friend gave me the link to Ripped in 30's meal plan.Hope this helps some of you out! I know I really need something to get me back on track.Enjoy!!!

Ripped in 30 Meal plan

http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf
  • gwendoid
    gwendoid Posts: 6
    Options
    Yay to everyone shredding. This workout is hard but definitely doable at your own speed. I remembered the first time I tried this, I had to take a break for a day or two and then keep going. If my body was in too much pain, I had to give it a break. But I did see results albeit small. If you don't see the difference in pounds, check out your inches in your waist, hips and thighs. Even if it's half an inch, these small changes help with motivation. Started L2 this week too. Remembered how much harder it is, but was glad for the change in routine. Good luck everyone for this upcoming week!
  • kiki_ac
    kiki_ac Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The walking push ups and plank position exercises half officials kicked butt, sucked and made my wrist weak. Still i will continue to do the best I can, modifying here and there. I tend to sweat more in level 2 but i don't know for sure if it is a result of the workout or the rising temperatures in Texas.

Okay, so, I happened to look at my calendar and I was slightly off with my days...here is the corrected and up-to-date stats.

Shred Stats

Level One
    Day 1, 6/3 through Day 8, 6/10

Level Two
    Days 9 to 15
    Day 15 I used 5lbs
    D7 of l2 = D15 of shred

Halfway there!!!

Kiana
  • mbeltran06
    mbeltran06 Posts: 57
    Options
    Hey guys,

I have missed a couple of days because the shred as aggravated my shin splints. I tried pushing through the pain but it has become extremely painful. I'm going to give it another go tomorrow...tomorrow will be day 14 for me. I really want to hang in there but I don't want to injure myself.

Happy Shredding everyone!!
  • ak248902
    ak248902 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So I got better with my eating this weekend, but didn't shred at all becuase we were out of town. Slept in this morning, but planning on doing Day 12, Day 2 of Level 2 tonight.
  • sassenachtiff
    Options
    Today is Day 14 (Level 2)...almost halfway there! I'm still doing the beginner moves on this level, mainly because I find the plank moves really tough...my upper-body strength needs some work, that's for sure. But! I'm happy to report some stats (these are my only measurements that have changed, everything else is the same so far):

Week 1 (6/3)
    Weight: 161 lbs
    Waist: 34.5"
    Calf: 16.25"

Week 3 (6/17) (forgot to measure during Week 2, oops)
    Weight: 157 lbs
    Waist: 34"
    Calf: 16"

The shred really works! I see results and I'm so happy :)
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    June 15 Day 1, Level 2
    June 16 Day 2, Level 2
    June 17, 18, 19 and 20
    working around the clock, off the 30DS wagon
    June 21 Day 3 Level 2

HELP. Those unexpected four days have REALLY screwed up my schedule. I really needed my last day of this cycle to be the 5th of July as I'm doing a lot of overseas travelling and let's face it you can't really shred in the middle of an airport.

Has anyone doubled up a few days to make up lost days? i feel like Level 2 (with a couple modified moves) is easier than Level 1 and that i can do a session in the morning and a session in the evening a few times. Is this effective?
  • ak248902
    Options
    Completed Day 2 of Level 2 last night and then Day 3 of Level 2 today. It is not getting any easier, but happy for the focus on abs.

sculptandtone- I have wondered the same thing. Anyone do the work out twice in one day?
  • kunmingmom
    kunmingmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 12 Level 2 today. I'm not seeing weight loss but I am big difference in how my clothes fit me. Me likey :bigsmile: !!
    I have thought about how doing 2 in one day would work...I say if you are to it then go for it!! Please let us know so we can admire you like crazy!
    Keep up the GREAT work fellow shredders!!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 18 of Level 2. I approach Level 3 with mixed emotions. First I'll be glad to be done with this level and the strength component of Circuit 3 especially. I also know Level 3 means I'm very close to the end of my 30 days. I'm looking forward to finishing the Shred despite the fact that I've lost 4 pds doing it and know it's helping me. When it comes to working out, I really have discovered I like to mix it up a bit more.

Nevertheless, I'm beyond petrified of Level 3. I've watched it and it seems scary. Those one-armed sided lungee things look intense! Wow!!! :noway:
  • anna_b1
    Options
    Oh boy! I just realized today was Day 19 or Day 9 of Level 2. That means one more day only of Level 2 before moving on.

Now I'm really scared! Gah!

Good to know you're all still sticking to this! :)
  • sculptandtone
    Options
    Day 4, level 2 done plus 35 mins on the elliptical for fun.
  • sunnikim
    sunnikim Posts: 30
    Options
    Aaaggggghhhh, I've fallen off the shredding bandwagon....I haven't shredded in a few days and I'm so disappointed. I've had family in from out of town and we've been so busy. By the time I have some free time at night to workout, I am utterly exhausted. I need to get back into it tonight. I am already seeing a change in my body just in the last few days of not exercising and it makes me sad. I need to find some motiviation again quickly.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I had to miss a couple of days because I was just TOO sore on Sunday from helping my friend move and all the workouts I've been doing. I also missed Mon because of my crazy schedule, I just didn't have time! I left the house at 7am and didn't get back till close to 11pm...oh well, what can ya do? But I did jump right back into it yesterday! It was my 6th day on L2...still kind of hard getting through it!

So I don't know if I've lost inches, etc because I haven't measured myself or anything, but I can say that I can actually FEEL my muscles forming. You can't see them haha but everything just feels harder (for lack of a better word) and much less flabby. Oh, and I've COMPLETELY noticed that my BUTT has been lifted! I don't think that's ever happened before LOL!

I know we still have a ways to go, but has anyone thought about what they are going to do after the 30 days of shredding? I've heard good things about Ripped in 30 and might do that after 30DS.

Keep it up everyone! Y'all are doing great!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Aaaggggghhhh, I've fallen off the shredding bandwagon....I haven't shredded in a few days and I'm so disappointed. I've had family in from out of town and we've been so busy. By the time I have some free time at night to workout, I am utterly exhausted. I need to get back into it tonight. I am already seeing a change in my body just in the last few days of not exercising and it makes me sad. I need to find some motiviation again quickly.

Don't give up sunnikim! We all miss days...life happens! Just get back to it when you can and don't let a few days deter you from continuing. I've missed days myself for various reasons but I just keep getting back to it and not quitting. Even if it takes me 2 months, I WILL finish the 30 days! Like you, I'm really starting to feel a change in my body...don't give up!!
  • kunmingmom
    kunmingmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just Breathe,
    I might try No More Trouble Zones or Ripped in 30 after the 30 Day Shred. I am also doing a boot camp 2 days a week and I love it!
  • anna_b1
    Options
    Just Breathe,
    I might try No More Trouble Zones or Ripped in 30 after the 30 Day Shred. I am also doing a boot camp 2 days a week and I love it!

I'm thinking of doing "No More Trouble Zones" only because I have the DVD (and haven't tried it yet). I don't know if I'll do it everyday though since I'm plannng to begin c25K
  • ak248902
    Options
    Didn't shred today... had to get up really early to take my husband to work and then we went to the Zoo and out to dinner at one of my favorite places. Back to shredding tomorrow AM.
  • sculptandtone
    Options
    Miscalculated. I'm a day ahead of what i thought.
    Just finished Level 2 Day SIX.

which means i only have four more days of level two and then to level 3 which scares me.
  • ak248902
    Options
    Completed Level 2 Day 4 today!