Where do YOU shop for groceries?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    dlboyle26 wrote: »
    Wegmans! The best grocery store ever. :smiley:

Their store brand is pretty good but honestly, I pay 20% less shopping elsewhere now on named brand stuff because they almost never have sales (or when they do I don't know about it because they don't have a flyer).

But yeah, it's rare when I don't go to at least 2 different places in a week. Haven't found a store that has everything that I need yet sadly.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Superstore and costco for staples. Thrifty foods (sobeys) for produce until the farm stands open, quality foods for certain items that nowhere else carries. Whole foods is opening this fall, I've heard their prices are terrible.
    Vancouver Island, Canada
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Costco, Target and Whole Foods for a few things.
  • knittogetfit
    knittogetfit Posts: 91 Member
    About 65% percent of my grocery shopping happens at Trader Joe's. The other 35% at the local conventional grocery stores: Safeway, Giant, Harris Teeter. One grocery trip typically involves 2 stops because there are some things that you just can't get/are not worth purchasing at TJ's.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    I would say 90% of our shopping is done at Meijer. We also go to Kroger, Costco rarely and a local meat market that also fresh veggies and Amish cheeses my fav place. We just had a Fresh Thyme Farm Market open up a few weeks ago and I want to try that soon. Indiana here.
  • RachaelRenk
    RachaelRenk Posts: 116 Member
    Most of my shopping is done at Fred Meyers or Albertsons, because those stores are located right by my house. Less frequently, I shop at Natural Grocers, Winco, Costco, and occasionally Walmart. We have a Whole Foods and Trader Joes now but I've actually never shopped at those stores. I live in Southwest Idaho.
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Jewel and Target and the corner store near me. Occasionally whole foods if I want to find new foods to try.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Cub Foods, Costco, Walmart, and sometimes Target for certain things. We just got an Aldi and I haven't been in there yet.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    edited March 2016
    H Mart, Trader Joe's, Costco, Acme, local produce market, Aldi, Amazon, and Target.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    We don't have food in Target here in Oz. I shop at woolworths and coles,. Americans probably never heard of them.
    I was so excited when our first Aldi opened here a month ago, but I was not impressed. Their prices were ok, but they didn't have a big selection of foods. And im too nervous to try their food brands incase they taste terrible. .

We used to have Woolworth in PA ( in that states) but it closed about 20 or more years ago.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    dlboyle26 wrote: »
    Wegmans! The best grocery store ever. :smiley:

YES!!! I do 99% of my grocery shopping at Wegmans (although I do try to hit farmers markets in the summer, I don't go out of my way to, because Weggies has locally grown produce right in the store, and many of the farmers markets near me are not held at convenient times for my schedule). The other 1% is when I have to pick one or two things up and just stop at the Nice N Easy (mini-mart) or Kinney (drugstore) near my house...or if I'm already in Wal-Mart for something else, I might brave the grocery section.

I rarely clip coupons (they don't typically have coupons for the food I buy anyway), and use two shopping apps on my phone for rebates on the few things I buy that are included in those...and I refuse to go from store to store to shop sales - my time is worth more to me than the money I'd save by doing that.

I also don't go out of my way to go to shopping (hence why we don't have a BJs or Costco membership, and why I've never set foot in the new Trader Joes) - again, my time is worth more to me than traipsing across town to save a couple of bucks (which I would spend on the extra gas to get there and back). I have two Weggies locations that I go to regularly - one is directly on my way home from work, and the other is directly on my way home from the gym.

:smile: )
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    I have our family staples delivered by Hy-Vee once a week. This covers our grains, frozen fruits and veggies, the husbands' meat products and my meat alternatives (if I'm buying any). In season, we get a weekly CSA for our fruits and veggies, and the produce I get at our local market a couple times a week.
  • gobonas99
    We don't have food in Target here in Oz. I shop at woolworths and coles,. Americans probably never heard of them.
    I was so excited when our first Aldi opened here a month ago, but I was not impressed. Their prices were ok, but they didn't have a big selection of foods. And im too nervous to try their food brands incase they taste terrible. .

My experience with Aldi was 20 years ago as a college student, granted, but the store was filthy, and the selection was slim...and I refused to buy produce or meat there, because it looked sketchy to me. Turns out I was right....I knew a whole bunch of people who shopped there, and they ALL got food poisoning after eating food they had purchased there.

I've heard it's much better now, but...first impressions, you know? Plus I would have to go out of my way to get to one (I know we have them here, but there aren't any near me), so I'm not likely to go back any time soon.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Super One - only grocery store in my town. Horrible quality, especially in produce. Target, Wal-Mart, Cub, Aldi and other local chain grocery stores are an hour away. But I try to hit up Target and Aldi when I am there. Sam's Club is two hours away, but I usually stock up when I get to those towns. Minnesota here.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Target sells groceries? Do they have self-checkout?

What is Aldi comparable to? Trader Joe's?
  • gobonas99
    Target sells groceries? Do they have self-checkout?

What is Aldi comparable to? Trader Joe's?

Super Targets do....most regular Targets have a grocery section that includes dry and frozen goods (but no fresh produce or meat).

Aldi - when I went - was comparable to a scratch and dent store. LOL Super low prices because everything was damaged or about to expire. But again, it's been 20 years since I set foot in one, and I've heard it's much better now.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    edited March 2016
    Mostly Vons (a branch of Safeway), or Walmart if I feel like doing a HUGE trip or need something other than just foods. I'm in the butt crack of California about 30 minutes from the Mexico boarder.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    I'd say 80-90% of my groceries come from Costco and Winco. The other 10-20% come from Fred Meyer, jet.com, amazon.com, Target.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    I shop at Sprouts, Walmart, King Soopers and sometimes Albertsons
  • Scrappincarla
    Scrappincarla Posts: 52 Member
    I live in California. I mostly shop at Walmart because I have to stay within a budget, but also NO ONE can beat the variety there because I try to buy Everything I need in one trip which includes groceries, toiletries and household items. I also love Target for my natural hair care products and Albertsons when I forgot an item for a recipe.