Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession: binged yesterday and then felt so disgusting that it was hard to sleep. Bleh.
    I really don't like living with my sister, which makes me feel like a terrible person. :X

You are not a terrible person. I love all of my brothers, but short of one of them needing full-time caregiving, I would NEVER move in the same house with them again. And I would only do it then until I could find someone else trustworthy.

I agree. My family and I can only tolerate each other for short periods of time. No shame there nor are we terrible people. Its just the age old...you can choose your friends, not your family...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Happy Monday guys.

Race was SLOW Laura, I barely made it over the finish line before the cut off. I really didn't try hard (not that I think I could have done much better) on the swim and bike legs as I haven't biked or swam since Wisconsin. But my stomach was a mess, I think from all the stuff I drank on the bike, and I felt so nauseous on the run that I just took my time and walked a lot and prayed I wouldn't throw up. I really enjoy this race though, the swim is nice in the inlet (very salty though) and the bike is along the water for a good chunk of it so you get some nice views (and some industrial ones getting there).

The run is in Old San Juan so you see the old buildings and the fort, and its a major party through town. So its fun. Hot, windy and hilly, but fun.

So, last race without training is done! Nashville I won't be properly trained but I have 5 weeks to get ready. A heck of a lot better than none... doing good on my 365 days of daily exercise challenge, I am on day 10 and I am doing something even if just a little bit every day!

Sounds amazing, but grueling!

Great job so far on your 365 days of exercise.

I made myself go for a brisk hour walk last night to get something in... figured zip lining didn't count as daily exercise. :) So I seem to have mentally committed to this one (something I need to do to be successful...its that light switch mentality I have).
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Happy Monday guys.

Race was SLOW Laura, I barely made it over the finish line before the cut off. I really didn't try hard (not that I think I could have done much better) on the swim and bike legs as I haven't biked or swam since Wisconsin. But my stomach was a mess, I think from all the stuff I drank on the bike, and I felt so nauseous on the run that I just took my time and walked a lot and prayed I wouldn't throw up. I really enjoy this race though, the swim is nice in the inlet (very salty though) and the bike is along the water for a good chunk of it so you get some nice views (and some industrial ones getting there).

The run is in Old San Juan so you see the old buildings and the fort, and its a major party through town. So its fun. Hot, windy and hilly, but fun.

So, last race without training is done! Nashville I won't be properly trained but I have 5 weeks to get ready. A heck of a lot better than none... doing good on my 365 days of daily exercise challenge, I am on day 10 and I am doing something even if just a little bit every day!
    I am super proud of you. You finished!!!
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

10 days until Easter. I am so ready to break my Lenten fast. I almost caved yesterday and again this morning. I must pray my way through it. It's only 10 more days.

I keep reminding myself of that too!

Not sure if I want to eat Easter candy that day or ice cream? Probably ice cream.

I tried the Edy's Vermont Maple. It was ok but not enough toffee pieces. It was mostly just syrup-favored ice cream.

Ugh! I might have to skip that one.

I haven't found any of the new Edy's flavors. Wal-Mart the past two weeks hasn't had much of a selection of Edy's (not sure if they're selling out, changing the mod/feature, or getting the new ones in stock).

This is one of the new flavors of Yuengling's I want to try (I think Weis might get this March 28th?)!

cinc.png?itok=09kSKDWt&c=e0cb95b55c9891468bd894119c702748

This flavor is pretty interesting

yuenglings-caramel-popcorn2.png?itok=sidNf683&c=1e042adbb2df075dc26d2f9fc4e99ec8

10 days until Easter. I am so ready to break my Lenten fast. I almost caved yesterday and again this morning. I must pray my way through it. It's only 10 more days.

Not sure if I want to eat Easter candy that day or ice cream? Probably ice cream.

I tried the Edy's Vermont Maple. It was ok but not enough toffee pieces. It was mostly just syrup-favored ice cream.

I haven't found any of the new Edy's flavors. Wal-Mart the past two weeks hasn't had much of a selection of Edy's (not sure if they're selling out, changing the mod/feature, or getting the new ones in stock).

This is one of the new flavors of Yuengling's I want to try (I think Weis might get this March 28th?)!

yuenglings-caramel-popcorn2.png?itok=sidNf683&c=1e042adbb2df075dc26d2f9fc4e99ec8

Isn't this brand a beer? Do they make ice cream too? That would be an odd combo.

Yeah it's the same company, but I am not sure if they make any alcoholic ice creams.

If it's not already created I feel like that needs to be a thing

Alcoholic milkshakes in Nashville!

My reward for Nashville will be the same as my friend Kara had for the Music City Ultra on Saturday. Burger Republic. Yum!
    9zaqhkz34oir.jpeg

*edited to remove names.

That reeces shake looks amazing. I just realized I can't have this. .. it's dairy.
    Some nondairy choices are good. I like the coconut based frozen deserts but there are also soy, rice, and almond.

Take frozen ice-cream substitute, candy/toppings and blend. Measure out alcohol and add and blend. Yum. You may have to try a few variations to perfect it!

I'll have to see if the restaurant where we will go in Nashville will do that for me! Although I will be honest, I have had a few glasses of wine and a margerita since I have been here, and to be honest, I think I am over alcohol after my essentially 5 months of not drinking. Just not enjoying it. Which is good. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Zip lining today! In the PR Rainforest. I have never tried this. I am excited.

That does sound fun!
    I had my first Confessions Thread dream last night. I was getting ready to compete in an Ironman race (untrained, of course).
    I must have seen your pics from the race finish last night just before I went to sleep. You were there, and I kept asking you how I was going to fake my way through the swim since I really don't know how to swim. For some reason, I thought I could walk through the water and it would be shallow enough for my feet to touch bottom the whole time.

That is funny. You would never make the cut off time wise trying to walk 2.4 miles in water!

Haha! I was just talking to J about this at work. She said I should come do Chattanooga, it's perfect for people who aren't strong swimmers, swimming with the current in the river. Hmmmmm.....

DO IT! That is why my friend wants to do this one... the fast swim. Remember I am registered for that one! You have time to train! (you definitely want to train for your first IM).
  • Oberon21
    Options

Isn't this brand a beer? Do they make ice cream too? That would be an odd combo.

Yeah it's the same company, but I am not sure if they make any alcoholic ice creams.

My reward for Nashville will be the same as my friend Kara had for the Music City Ultra on Saturday. Burger Republic. Yum!
    9zaqhkz34oir.jpeg

*edited to remove names.

That reeces shake looks amazing. I just realized I can't have this. .. it's dairy.

That is the saddest thing I've ever heard. :'( Don't worry. I'll take one for the team and eat yours.

Okay, I'll order one and put it at the table in your honor....!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

9zaqhkz34oir.jpeg

*edited to remove names.

That is the saddest thing I've ever heard. :'( Don't worry. I'll take one for the team and eat yours.

:p Yum! (Don't waste food for me, tho.)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday guys.

9zaqhkz34oir.jpeg

*edited to remove names.

Some nondairy choices are good. I like the coconut based frozen deserts but there are also soy, rice, and almond.

Take frozen ice-cream substitute, candy/toppings and blend. Measure out alcohol and add and blend. Yum. You may have to try a few variations to perfect it!

I'll have to see if the restaurant where we will go in Nashville will do that for me! Although I will be honest, I have had a few glasses of wine and a margerita since I have been here, and to be honest, I think I am over alcohol after my essentially 5 months of not drinking. Just not enjoying it. Which is good. :)

Hmmm, I wonder if I'll have the same reaction? I hope so.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Okay, updated pics. Zipling was fun, BTW, but skydiving is definitely better.

uemv02klqb5k.jpg

Rash from the sun after the race.

6pbxc5uaipvc.jpg
    74fsbryqauex.jpg

Pics near the finish line after washing off in the ocean. My friend with her medal. I don't have one of the 2 of us...she got that one on her phone and its on FB.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Iguana and Lizardgylo2ld1sag1.jpg
    . jur7lw4gre72.jpg
    xhbdpg65gpgd.jpg
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options

9zaqhkz34oir.jpeg

*edited to remove names.

That place is my heaven. Des Moines has a Zombie Burger that does a birthday cake alcoholic milkshake. I think I'm definitely going to need to stop there next time I'm in IA!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Confession: binged yesterday and then felt so disgusting that it was hard to sleep. Bleh.
    I really don't like living with my sister, which makes me feel like a terrible person. :X

Not a terrible person AT ALL! I love my family and will talk with them every day...as long as we don't live together. Seriously, when I had to live with my Mom for the 6 months after I completed my MA but before I had a full time job we almost killed each other. It's the same with my best friend. Love her, just can't live with her.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Okay, updated pics. Zipling was fun, BTW, but skydiving is definitely better.

uemv02klqb5k.jpg

Rash from the sun after the race.

6pbxc5uaipvc.jpg
    74fsbryqauex.jpg

Pics near the finish line after washing off in the ocean. My friend with her medal. I don't have one of the 2 of us...she got that one on her phone and its on FB.

Your vacation looks like heaven!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    these pics are taking forever to load.

zip lining!0t4qvelzkd8b.jpg
    32on7jovsclt.jpg
    es8hyf6lilmn.jpg
    vbfavxbibcle.jpg
  • Oberon21
    Options
    And the beach last night as it was getting to be dusk. So pretty.q76ndhlz0pir.jpg
    x7ypz2iay6at.jpg
  • tobistatler
    tobistatler Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    @Oberon21 love the pics! Looks like a great vacation! :)
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    @Oberon21 looks like you are having a blast! Zip lining is so much fun, I want to do skydiving at some point soon!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

You are not a terrible person. I love all of my brothers, but short of one of them needing full-time caregiving, I would NEVER move in the same house with them again. And I would only do it then until I could find someone else trustworthy.

I agree. My family and I can only tolerate each other for short periods of time. No shame there nor are we terrible people. Its just the age old...you can choose your friends, not your family...

Same here. I love visiting my family for holidays, but we would not be on speaking terms if we had to spend a large amount of time together...
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    Zip lining today! In the PR Rainforest. I have never tried this. I am excited.

That does sound fun!
    I had my first Confessions Thread dream last night. I was getting ready to compete in an Ironman race (untrained, of course).
    I must have seen your pics from the race finish last night just before I went to sleep. You were there, and I kept asking you how I was going to fake my way through the swim since I really don't know how to swim. For some reason, I thought I could walk through the water and it would be shallow enough for my feet to touch bottom the whole time.

That is funny. You would never make the cut off time wise trying to walk 2.4 miles in water!

Haha! I was just talking to J about this at work. She said I should come do Chattanooga, it's perfect for people who aren't strong swimmers, swimming with the current in the river. Hmmmmm.....

DO IT! That is why my friend wants to do this one... the fast swim. Remember I am registered for that one! You have time to train! (you definitely want to train for your first IM).

Hmm. That would mean learning to swim. There are a lot of pools around here, I'll have to check it out...
  • rungirl1973
    Options

9zaqhkz34oir.jpeg

*edited to remove names.

:p Yum! (Don't waste food for me, tho.)

I'm sure Nicci and I will make sure it doesn't go to waste... :tongue:
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    Happy Monday guys.

9zaqhkz34oir.jpeg

*edited to remove names.

Hmmm, I wonder if I'll have the same reaction? I hope so.

I cut way back on alcohol last year. This year, I have to say I don't really enjoy it as much as I once did. I rarely drink these days even though I'm not doing it on purpose any more.