Haggen
    Winco
    Fred Meyer
    Costco

I live in the pacific northwest
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I miss Fred Meyer- We don't have them here.
    Trader Joe's
    Lucky's
    Safeway
    Plus I get an organic fruit & veg box delivered from Grub Market twice a month.
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    Safeway, Sprouts, Trader Joe's, and farmer's markets - from California.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    justrollme wrote: »
    Giant is the nearest grocery store, so we occasionally get some stuff there. Weekly trips to Produce Junction or farmers markets for veggies and fruit. Once a month trips to Wegman's and Trader Joe's for pantry items.

Are you in PA? I go to Produce Junction sometimes... :D
  • Jenfromtheblock84
    Jenfromtheblock84 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Aldi's has changed my life. lol. Fresh fruit and vegetables that are just so much more affordable. Lean meats and ground turkey that don't break the bank, and a whole line of fit and active products and organic products that are to die for. Sometimes I do shop at food lion but that's only because it's closer to my house and I always cringe when I check out because I'm so use to getting more for less.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Aldi, Meijer, Sam's, Fresh Thyme. I also grow my own in the summer.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm in Kroger country in Ohio. I also shop Aldi and a local place called Jungle Jim's. It's a great for international foods and an extensive produce selection. Plus more craft beer than you can handle. :smile:
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    tesco, lidl, sainsburys, morrisons, asda, and occasionally waitrose and aldi too
  • bbail016
    bbail016 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    No Food Lion love on this thread!? Virginia
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I love the delivery feature they offer now at Hyvee...it's only been available here in the Midwest for a couple months but it makes it handy at times!

Isn't it great?! It's so convenient (no stress of a toddler meltdown in line to pay, lol) AND I save money (and my waistline) because if I'm ordering everything online to pick up, I'm not tempted to fill my cart with impulse buys...I stick to my list and that's it! I'm in the Midwest too...and the benefit of driving up to the store and having them bring your order to your car without having to bundle up the family to walk through the cold is great in the winter, too.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Kroger, Meijer

I love Meijer! So happy they're opening some in Minnesota!

I love Meijer too -- one of the things I miss about Michigan.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »
    Haggen
    Winco
    Fred Meyer
    Costco

I live in the pacific northwest

My parents do too -- for them (and when I'm there) it's Winco, Costco, and Safeway, plus farmers markets in season. Beautiful area.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I live in a small town and all we have is a QFC (Kroger), but they are so expensive that it actually pays to drive about 35 miles away, once a month, to Wal-Mart first and Costco second. The only things I buy locally, are produce or when I need something right away.

Sounds familiar except we also had a Haggen, but Haggen is also stupid expensive unless you stick only to the loss leaders. It was shocking to me how expensive Kroger owned stores are out here. Back in the midwest, Kroger is comparable with Winco as far as pricing for a lot of their items. I had a lot of grocery budget sadz my first two years out here in the PNW until they opened up the first Winco within reasonable driving distance. Their bulk section is...EVERY GROCERY STORE NEEDS THIS.
  • meredith1629
    meredith1629 Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Talking about store delivery or pick up...I'm waaaaaaay too OCD for that. Someone else picking out my produce gives my anxiety. And I have to check the expiration dates. :smiley:
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Sainsburys, I also have to buy a few bits a pieces online because my sainsburys doesn't have things like jackfruit and nutritional yeast :)
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mainly Meijer. Sometimes Schnucks. Farmers market and my garden in the summer. Just opened an aldi nearby. Excited to check that out. Northern Illinois
    I'm missing HyVee and Cub foods in Minnesota since moving three years ago!
  • gemdiver00
    gemdiver00 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Waiting for somebody from Georgia to say OK Kroger, sketchy Kroger, terrifyingly sketchy Kroger, Piggly Wiggly or Publix! LOL
  • yessie916
    yessie916 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I live in Orange county California. I shop at Costco, Stater bros, Mother's Market and Trader Joe's for my food. I find that I can find frozen and fresh berries cheaper at Costco and not to mention, I love their pre-portioned fish (mahi mahi and salmon). I get my specialty and organic foods at MM and TJs.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Am I greedy for wanting Aldi to come to CA? We already have freakin' everything but just look how cute this place is:

51decff670a02.image.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Am I greedy for wanting Aldi to come to CA? We already have freakin' everything but just look how cute this place is:

51decff670a02.image.jpg
    I want one of these and a Trader Joe's closer to me. :disappointed: