I knew I was losing weight when... (fun, motivating thread!)

Options

Replies

• mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    ...when people I have not seen in 3 months, walk in the door and say "Holy *kitten*!"
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    When my husband started complaining that it hurt when I sat on his lap because my butt lost its padding.
  • LakenBakon
    LakenBakon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    valente347 wrote: »
    When my husband started complaining that it hurt when I sat on his lap because my butt lost its padding.
    Lol my boyfriend is worried about that he said I won't be cozy anymore (cuddling to go to sleep) if I lose my tummy.
  • brigg9
    brigg9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I had to unpack all of my jeans from a size down this week. Two months ago they wouldn't have slid up my thighs, and now they fit perfectly. I lost 2" from my hips and waist!
  • LakenBakon
    LakenBakon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    brigg9 wrote: »
    I had to unpack all of my jeans from a size down this week. Two months ago they wouldn't have slid up my thighs, and now they fit perfectly. I lost 2" from my hips and waist!

Woot woot!!! Way to go keep it up!!!
  • jswigart
    jswigart Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I knew I was losing weight when, after a few years of arthritic pain, my knees didn't hurt anymore.

I knew I was losing weight when I've had to wear the same jeans every Friday for the past 6 weeks. They're the smallest pair I have and beginning to feel a bit baggy...I just said to myself this morning that I need to go shopping.

I knew I was losing weight when the bras I just spent a bunch of money on are suddenly too loose.

I knew I was becoming more fit when I had the urge to do hill sprints this morning (which probably looked more like slo-mo, but who cares).

I knew my lifestyle changed when all I could do was think of ways to step it up and mix up my workouts (to include working out outside).

Love this thread!!

When I could see my toes!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I know I've made huge progress because I just had a non stop, busy 3 day weekend filled with nights out dancing, flea marketing and all kinds of activity and I returned to work feeling refreshed and not exhausted.
  • StacyChrz
    Options
    Okay so this isn't the cleanest scenerio but I knew I was losing weight when I became "easier to throw around" during sex. The hubby said so. :wink:

Love it!!
  • StacyChrz
    Options
    fostersu wrote: »
    When I looked in the mirror and the first thing I noticed was my eyes...not my (formerly) big cheeks

This! I love that I look like my eyes are open in pictures instead of being squeezed shut by my cheeks.
  • frantzcr
    frantzcr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    When I bought a new workout top and it took me 2weeks to realize that the shirt I bought and fit into was an XS!
  • BrendaRey74
    BrendaRey74 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Every time I pick up the pants that actually fit me and my brain still thinks they are way too small but they fit like a glove!

Every time I send something to Goodwill that is just too big to even belt up anymore.
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring kept falling off(wife wasn't happy about that) :D
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    When I realized I liked exercising as much as I liked eating.

When I lost that ravenous FEED ME NOW feeling I used to get.

When I looked in the mirror at the hairdresser and didn't see the double chin.

My wedding rings are getting bigger.
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    When my side profile wasn't the same size as me facing you. I looked in the mirror yesterday and was amazed I cried.
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Luv this thread! Just what I needed this morning. I was struggling the last couple of weeks and have "started" many times over the years, but have been diligent since January. Thank you for this!

I know I have lost weight because I can give myself a pedicure without squishing my belly and being completely out of breath;
    I know I have lost weight because I can take my pants off without undoing them;
    I know I have lost weight because I can go up and down the stairs without using the handrail and without pain in my knees;
    I know I have lost weight because the buttons on my shirts don't pull (getting kind of baggy, lol)
    I know I have lost weight because my rings don't fit;
    I know I have lost weight when my husband hugs me and keeps tightening his arms, saying "wow", or grabbing a fistfull of jean on my thighs (time to get new jeans :)

Keep going! All is not lost because you had a bad day :)

• Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    darlswife wrote: »
    When I lost that ravenous FEED ME NOW feeling I used to get.
    This. I always thought it was just me. Now when I get hungry it's not that big of a deal. For me to not have this anymore is huge!
    When my side profile wasn't the same size as me facing you. I looked in the mirror yesterday and was amazed I cried.
    And this. This is what kept me in denial for so long about my weight. I carry most of mine in my belly, and if I just avoided looking at my profile, I was "okay" because I gain weight front to back instead of side to side.

The other day, I put my hand on my hip while drinking a glass of water and noticed there was a chunk of back fat missing! Made a nice shelf for my hand.
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options

The other day, I put my hand on my hip while drinking a glass of water and noticed there was a chunk of back fat missing! Made a nice shelf for my hand. [/quote]

Don't it feel weird when you notice you can do it? Before I wouldn't even think to put my hand on my hips because I was to afraid that people would notice how big I was. Not that they couldn't tell already.
  • mmanchester68
    mmanchester68 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    When my wife said she could see my belt buckle again when she stood in front of me.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My feet felt slimmer in my shoes.
    My rings kept threatening to fall off.
    My pants sagged farther and farther down.
    My jawline became more noticeable.
    The folks in my dance class kept OHHHHing and ahhing as the months went by. :)
  • Imomw2016
    Imomw2016 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I knew I was getting healthier when I started craving going for runs. One day, after working out a bit with a PT but not running at all for nearly a year (got halfway through C25K then quit in March 2014), I felt the urge to run...and I ran 2 miles easy! I started crying in the middle of my run!

I needed this one! I'm in week 4 of c25k and have stalled out a bit.

Thanks to slimthickzee for starting this post!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!