Fred Meyer's and Costco in central Oregon
  • coinruby
    coinruby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    United supermarket, Wal-Mart, Dollar Tree
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I think it's so interesting how every state/country has different grocery stores. I shop at Target, Aldi, HyVee, Cub Foods, Trader Joes, Whole Foods and Lunds & Byerlys. Where do you guys shop?

75% at Fred Meyer's (Krogers) and 25% at Costco. Once in a great while I'll stop by Trader Joe's.
  • dragthewaters1991
    dragthewaters1991 Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I live in NJ. Shop-Rite (it's closest to my apartment) and sometimes Stop&Shop (for certain items Shop-Rite doesn't have). Whole Foods before Thanksgiving and Christmas (we're vegetarian, but our tradition is to have vegan holiday meals, and they have certain helpful items for that). I also order a few staples online -- unflavored pea protein powder, shelf-stable tofu, and powdered coconut milk.

• rin1130
    rin1130 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I don't have a car, so once a month or so I order from Peapod (which is Giant's delivery), mostly for pamtry items. In between I go to the farmer's market, a tiny produce place down stairs from my apartment, and occasionally Trader Joe's if a friend is going and I get a ride:)
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Walmart and Wegmans for produce. I go to a local grocery store that cuts it's own meat for hamburger because Walmart's meat is gross.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Wal-Mart (where I buy the majority of my groceries)
    Giant
    Weis (very rarely & usually only for ice cream)
    Target (really only go there if I see something interesting on http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/)
    Grocery Outlet https://groceryoutlet.com/
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Am I greedy for wanting Aldi to come to CA? We already have freakin' everything but just look how cute this place is:

51decff670a02.image.jpg

I would rather have a Trader Joe's!
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I'm in Kroger country in Ohio. I also shop Aldi and a local place called Jungle Jim's. It's a great for international foods and an extensive produce selection. Plus more craft beer than you can handle. :smile:

@shinycrazy I'm sooooooo jealous! We're about an hour from Jungle Jim's but only get down there about once a year for the Weekend of Fire. I absolutely LOVE that place <3<3<3

I'm in the minority. I absolutely can't stand Aldi's.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    HEB
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I'm in Kroger country in Ohio. I also shop Aldi and a local place called Jungle Jim's. It's a great for international foods and an extensive produce selection. Plus more craft beer than you can handle. :smile:

@shinycrazy I'm sooooooo jealous! We're about an hour from Jungle Jim's but only get down there about once a year for the Weekend of Fire. I absolutely LOVE that place <3<3<3

I'm in the minority. I absolutely can't stand Aldi's.

I hope you stock up on stuff! We alternate between Kroger and Jungle Jim's. My hubs was a butcher for 14 years and is picky about meat.

I can see why Aldi isn't your cuppa. It's definitely a weird concept.
  • awholenewworld
    awholenewworld Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I shop at Publix, The Fresh Market, Winn Dixie, and Whole Foods. No one store has everything that we eat regularly.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    We shop at Crest, Aldi, and Sprouts for the most part.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Options
    Oh, and Sam's club.+
  • Quinn_Baker
    Options
    Mainly Whole Foods. I occasionally go to Trader Joe's or the farmers market.

Whole paycheck?
  • Quinn_Baker
    Options
    I shop at Publix, The Fresh Market, Winn Dixie, and Whole Foods. No one store has everything that we eat regularly.

I wish we had a Publix here. My family lives in FL and I've only ever been when visiting. LOVE THAT PLACE
  • marilynWtx
    marilynWtx Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Sprouts and Walmart
  • lindabalseca
    lindabalseca Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    MARIANOS JEWEL AND THE LOCAL FRUIT MARKET....I LOVE MARIANOS :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Am I greedy for wanting Aldi to come to CA? We already have freakin' everything but just look how cute this place is:

51decff670a02.image.jpg

I went there this week for the first time... I was disappointed. Produce at regular price wasn't much cheaper than elsewhere, and the quality of some of the stuff seemed a bit questionable... Mostly though, the selection sucks. But I admit that I'm a bit wary of store brand stuff as a whole (bad experiences!).

They did have 90% beef at $3.50 a pound though, which is much cheaper than other stores, but still not worth the trip for me unless I'm in the area.

And they didn't give me any bags, which I wasn't expecting, lol, so I ended up carrying everything to my car like an idiot. I'll know for next time not to forget my reusable bags (or to take a cart, they didn't have any baskets).