Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    jkhoffe wrote: »
    @gethntysear - Hi Charlie! I love my Charge...It really keeps me movin. I currently aim for 12-14000 steps a day, and get involved in lots of challenges. There are a couple others here that also have fitbits, and do weekly challenges - Lots of fun, and lots of competition. My URL is : //www.fitbit.com/user/2CLG3D if you would like to be friends there too!

I have the Charge too... I heard the Surge is super great for runners... Might be perfect for you Cari!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    1 hour 6 minutes and counting and then I am ft work for 6 days. I can't wait. My girls leave tomorrow for myrtle beach for high school softball. So bummed I can't go. But I will get some cleaning done around the house. How many calories does that burn. 1000 a day. I can dream can't I. Happy almost Friday.

6 days!! jealous! I'm excited about 3 days! =)
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    I have the Charge too... I heard the Surge is super great for runners... Might be perfect for you Cari!!

I currently have the Charge, but I like the idea of in built GPS that the Surge has, although as someone pointed out to me, the new Blaze uses your phones GPS, so if you carry a phone while running then it does the same thing basically. Decisions decisions....
  • CariTJR
    Options
    And just remember this over the weekend everyone -

hvg1qhcw8ddc.jpeg
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
  • gethntysear
    gethntysear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR so far having a lot of fun with it, I was torn between the blaze too, but until they update it with the silent alarms etc. and it doesn't have GPS, it’s also bigger than the surge, which is fine but it's a bit too square for my liking. From what I’ve read they made the Blaze to be more of a visually appealing watch but with less features than the Surge (and that's probably why their shares dipped when they announced it).

I think the Surge is better when it comes to running because it has inbuilt GPS and is not GPS Capable; as you already know the Blaze has to use your phones GPS via Bluetooth.

@ShyCush6 I’ve been hitting 10k quite easily and then relaxing. Think it’s time to up my steps, challenge myself and join your guys goals.

@jkhoffe love the idea of joining in on the challenges!

@ngolden3320 I’m counting the hours down too, I’ve got five days to look forward too, would love an extra day like you though!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hello friends! Happy Easter weekend to everyone! I am SO happy to have four days off starting tomorrow, it's going to be awesome! I'm going on a 5 km hike with a group of friends, and I'm going to do some cycling (my gym is closed Friday and Monday). Not sure what else I will get up to, but I've committed to do at least 1 hour of exercise every day for the long weekend, even if it's walking the dog.

I'm cooking a turkey dinner for 11 people tomorrow, and there will be lots of wine so I'm just hoping I don't get too silly and then eat everything in sight... yikes!! I'm allergic to chocolate, so no worries about that, it's more the booze and mashed potatoes and gravy - LOL!!

Sinead, sorry to hear about your mother in law, that is very sad news. Hold on to all the good memories and they will help you through.

Nichole - I KNOW! Like what do they think we are doing at work all day, work?! haha!

Charlie, good job on the weigh in - you are doing great! I used to aim for 10,000 steps a day, but I've been pretty bad at being diligent about wearing my fitbit. I have a Garmin Vivofit, so I can't be part of this group's step challenges, so I get pretty lazy about putting it on. I prefer to cycle anyway, but that's no excuse!

Hope everyone gets in their steps/sweats and tries hard to stay within the calories for their Easter dinners! I like how this group has adopted the "I can eat/drink (this) after I do (this) exercise! I think about that when I'm feeling cravings!
  • CariTJR
    Options
    @CariTJR so far having a lot of fun with it, I was torn between the blaze too, but until they update it with the silent alarms etc. and it doesn't have GPS, it’s also bigger than the surge, which is fine but it's a bit too square for my liking. From what I’ve read they made the Blaze to be more of a visually appealing watch but with less features than the Surge. I think the Surge is better when it comes to running because it has inbuilt GPS and is not GPS Capable; as you already know the Blaze has to use your phones GPS via Bluetooth.

Sounds to me like the Surge is the one then! It's my birthday soon so I think i'm going to ask everyone for vouchers so I can upgrade. Thanks for the input, it's good to get some honest feedback from someone who has one rather than just reading reviews. Here's my Fitbit url - https://www.fitbit.com/user/3Z4MR9. Hope to see you in the challenges! :smiley:
  • CariTJR
    Options
    Hello friends! Happy Easter weekend to everyone! I am SO happy to have four days off starting tomorrow, it's going to be awesome! I'm going on a 5 km hike with a group of friends, and I'm going to do some cycling (my gym is closed Friday and Monday). Not sure what else I will get up to, but I've committed to do at least 1 hour of exercise every day for the long weekend, even if it's walking the dog.

Sounds like a fabulous weekend you've got planned there.
    I'm cooking a turkey dinner for 11 people tomorrow, and there will be lots of wine so I'm just hoping I don't get too silly and then eat everything in sight... yikes!! I'm allergic to chocolate, so no worries about that, it's more the booze and mashed potatoes and gravy - LOL!!

Rather you than me. Cooking for 11? I can barely manage for 1, hence why my OH does all the cooking lol. Mashed potatoes and gravy is my fave, it's making me hungry just thinking about it!
    Hope everyone gets in their steps/sweats and tries hard to stay within the calories for their Easter dinners! I like how this group has adopted the "I can eat/drink (this) after I do (this) exercise! I think about that when I'm feeling cravings!

After RC the other night we were all standing about chatting and a lady came over with a huge pile of chocolate brownies and asked us all if we'd like some, after politely refusing she said "you do know this is WHY we run... So we can eat lots of cake!". :wink:
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    i-run-because-i-really-like-food-shirt-running-tank-top-workout-tank-top-funny-quote-fit-quotes-fitness-tanks-running-tank-tops-workout-tank-tops-running-tanks-funny-quotes-crossfit-tanks-workout-tank.jpg
  • CariTJR
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    i-run-because-i-really-like-food-shirt-running-tank-top-workout-tank-top-funny-quote-fit-quotes-fitness-tanks-running-tank-tops-workout-tank-tops-running-tanks-funny-quotes-crossfit-tanks-workout-tank.jpg

Lol! Yup. And alcohol! I need that t-shirt.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
  • ShyCush6
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Cari... I think I need the alcohol shirt! ;) That would fit me better... oh wait... it'd fit great if I ran! LMAO!
    Better yet it will fit better as soon as the weather warms up and I run!! That's better!.... As run, I mean jog at a pace a normal person could walk to but hey... it counts!!
  • uoflgirl89
    uoflgirl89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    so has anyone ever heard of daily burn or used it before? They are offering a free 30 day trial and I was wondering if its any good?
  • CariTJR
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Shy, I found these for you :D
    5jy8t8jdobcn.jpg
    vln3nkez9qr2.jpg

• ShyCush6
    Options
    OMG!! Absoutely LOVE Cari!!!! I need both!!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Dana- I feel you, bored snacking is the worst! I've mowed down entire bags of candy that way so I feel your pain

Charlie- I'm super jealous you have a pastry chef as a husband! You must have the best treats, in moderation of course ;)

Cari- I need to try those cakes! (and now thanks to Shy the caramel eggs too lol). The junk food pile in the house just keeps getting bigger and bigger

Amber- I've heard of daily burn but I haven't tried it since there are so many free workouts online. Check out the list from Greatist on some of the best free youtube ones.

Joy- I'm so sorry to hear you're allergic to chocolate! What's your favorite replacement treat? And I think cooking for 11 requires extra wine!

@viblanco Welcome to the group! What's your name so we know what to call you?

I've been avoiding bored snacking as well this afternoon. My coworker brought in Easter Cookies but luckily they were all gone by the time my mid-day munchies came along or I would have been in big trouble!
  • sweetzezo92
    sweetzezo92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @vribaldo I watched the video and loved the way you described everything you gone through your fitness journey . It's so overwhelming to hear a story which is similar to mine :wink:
    Wish for me a good luck too , I decided to get in shape recently and am excited about it ! I go to gym 5-6 times a week and it feels so good to be in this atmosphere and the commitment to live a healthy life style :smiley: