Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hahaha!!!
    @indygirl217 I wondered with your awesome birthday and fun weekend.. And @CariTJR I was pretty sure you were done immediately! I'm not catholic either, and I already did my time in January.
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm still sticking to my lent commitments! No Facebook, chocolate or alcohol!! I'm not a practising catholic by any means but it's a good motivator for me! But I've TOM at the minute too and I can't stop eating! :s I did try go to Zumba this evenin but when I got there the class was cancelled. So I came home and ate my body weight in crap! :'( Haven't danced in weeks-it's going to hurt when I go back!!!!!!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    I went skiing yesterday for a couple of hours, just a practice run with friends we’re going to Austria with in April, and it was good fun. My Fitbit doesn’t track skiing though, which is a bit disappointing, but my floor climb for the day was 81 floors! Err, no, I think that might have been me using the button lift that did that! Haha. Running Club tonight and my legs are definitely feeling it after yesterday, i'll need to push on through later....
    Hope you all had good weekends.

I wonder if you put it on your ankle if it would track skiiing? I went for a short jog last night... Fun to see the puppy sprint to keep up. She loved it!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Monday morning check in time! Got up this morning at 5:30 and went to the gym for my first spin and sculpt class. I have only done spin, it was hard but I liked it! Came home and weighed myself and was so happy! Broke the plateau and lost 1.5 lbs!! Woo HOOO!!! Feeling good!
    I reached my first goal, now I will set my final goal, 34 more lbs. hopefully I can do that by end of summer!
    Something I have been thinking about is believing you can lose weight, and it will help it happen. I've noticed that positive thoughts about weight loss really help. If I am down and thinking I'm not going to lose anything, it's like a self fulfilling prophesy. So my point is, be positive, and believe in yourself and it will happen!

Way to go on the loss!! I love spinning! Way to stay positive!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Good Monday morning everyone! Sounds like everyone had a great weekend! We had some friends come visit from out of state, so that was fun to spend the weekend with them. But it also meant eating out, and a few too many drinks! But-Back at it today. I'm going to get right back on track! I will probably do the trampoline class again tomorrow. I did go last week, and it was fun! I was able to get through most of the class without stopping too much. It is definitely a great workout! Welcome all the newbies! Hope everyones week is off to a great start!

Right there with you... a little too much eating out and drinks this weekend.... I know typical Shyanne! ;) We always have to reset for Monday! trampoline class sounds fun!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    #dailycheckin - Good afternoon MFPeeps! I took a little break and boy can I tell! My pants don't fit!! :o But they will after I've been on track for a week or so. Like everyone else we had a great weekend... My BFs and I had "Pinterest Drink night" Friday evening... my LAWD!! New rule: no drinks with the word "hammer" in the title! :s
    Love the images!! I am having a Pinterest Craft/Drink night next Friday! I'm excited! Our first one went really well so I am looking forward to it!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    SumnyUK wrote: »
    I've been good today. Went out for the same 5k as I did on Saturday, and it felt a little easier today. So even though it's still only week 2 of getting back into things, there's a definite improvement. Looking forward to when I can get some long runs in again, I love them, but I know my tendency to bite off more than I can chew, so I'll make a nice and gentle build up this time. I also have a an inflamed Achilles tendon to try to sort before the runs gets to be too long.

And on other news... we've been trying to sell the house for the last 7 months. Had a buyer who pulled out in September. Had it back on the market for a couple of months, and when we had decided it wasn't going to happen, we managed to find a new buyer in November. Yehaw. The new buyer decided to pull out today. Meanwhile we have spent quite a bit of money on deposits and solicitors and surveys and all sorts of stuff for a newbuilt we were going to buy. To say I'm (well, we both are!) dissapointed is an understatement. So f**k the diet today. I'm on my way to the local supermarket for something nice (and probably either unhealthy, fattening or immoral - or maybe all three things at once).

Sorry about the house situation.. been there and done that! Took us about 4 years to sell our house a few years back. Quite frustrating so I feel your pain. Hopefully you got back on track and are eating right... the right buyer will come around. =(

• ShyCush6
    Options
    I can't wait for Easter to come and go. Those dang Cadbury Eggs are everywhere :#:s

OMG!! I love Cadbury eggs too!!! I haven't divulged into one yet!! But YUM!!!
    d05df8e3f019e40ae547b6fa79c0efcbe9.png
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    jkhoffe wrote: »
    Well, I really need to get a grip on my weekends...they reek havoc on my progress. I am going to need to make this a good week.
    Have my Kale, Cucumber, Pear juice and I am ready for the day.

I WILL SUCCEED!

Babe-you-got-this-quote_daily-inspiration.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    I would like to join your core group too! I need encouragement. struggling to get started and keep on track. :wink: thanks joycefarmer68

Welcome... log in here and post often... We're always here for support!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    @Rachel0778 I just looked on YouTube for Krav Maga to see what the heck that is, as I've never even heard of it before. Ummmmm Jeeeezus!! You are brave! Not sure if it was the background music of "Thunderstruck" or the crazy looks in people's eyes when they were going nutso in that class, but WOW!! You wouldn't find me in that class! I'll stick with uncoordinated Zumba! Lol You will have to report back and tell us how it went!!
    I also wanted to know, people doing lent....are you still doing lent or has everyone bloody well given up?! I'm sure Cari may have with the trucker mouth?! Hahaha!!! Or still attempting?

I'm doing better and think twice when I do swear.. definitely a work in progress! =) Hoping for a life change and not just lent!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    I'm in! Could def use motivation. Currently struggling with an energy roller coaster due to autoimmune issues and a shoulder injury that limits my lifting :( But today was a high energy day so I got my workout in. Good to 'meet' you all!

Welcome! Can't wait to cheer during your journey!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    I'm still sticking to my lent commitments! No Facebook, chocolate or alcohol!! I'm not a practising catholic by any means but it's a good motivator for me! But I've TOM at the minute too and I can't stop eating! :s I did try go to Zumba this evenin but when I got there the class was cancelled. So I came home and ate my body weight in crap! :'( Haven't danced in weeks-it's going to hurt when I go back!!!!!!

WAY TO STICK TO IT BABE!!! Proud of you! I was TOM this weekend too and eating the house... =( Alcohol seemed to make me feel better too... =( Not good! You'll get right back at it though! You got this!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Wow! Now I am caught up!! Yikes!! I never will fall so far behind again! Sorry ladies I was AWOL for awhile! The last two days have been awesome!! I'm eating great, went for a run with my daughter last night... When I say run, I mean a mile and half... nothing major but enough to get the heart pumping and the puppy tired! I don't think she could have made it much farther than that anyway! Kudos to my daughter for motivating me!!
    Jumped on the scale this morning and it was down... so a complete happy dance for me this morning plus incentive to keep on track!!
    workout-posters-exercise-clothes.gif
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Had my daughters birthday yesterday. I ate a small piece of Oreo ice cream cake. Not my favorite so I wont have to finish it off :). My washer quit spinning last night so I didn't make it to the gym. I did however get a workout in by lugging 3 baskets of laundry (1 soaking wet) through the parking lot to my moms apartment and back again so I could get clean cloths. Don't want my husband to miss work because he has no warm hoodies to wear to work. LOL
    I really enjoy reading everyone's posts. It is really making this journey a little easier for me. And best of all it puts a smile on my face everyday. :p Happy HUMP Day.
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    Sorry i have been MIA for the last little bit. Have been trying to get my stuff together. All is going well, but i am really looking forward to spring and spending more time outdoors exercising. I am fed up of being cooped up in the house. I went out and looked for a winter coat again this weekend. I have been trying to find one i like for months now. My old one is a 4x so i stopped wearing it, because it looks ridiculous on me, and resorted to wearing one of my sons highschool jackets that doesnt fit him anymore. It is very masculine, and i wanted something feminine. I found a beautiful coat and its a large!!! I am so happy, and it fits me like it was tailored just for me.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @lovematthew... Good for you on the Large! Enjoy it, hopefully you wont have to wear it very much longer though. I'm ready to be outside also.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @serenityfrye and @aanelson72 Welcome!

@tazzy2911 I am totally with you with eating the house around TOM. Good for you for sticking to your lent resolves. I don't think I would have been able to resist the siren's call of chocolate

@ShyCush6 congrats on your loss!!!! All that work running with your puppy is paying off! Dogs are an amazing support system for making sure you never miss a workout. Mine constantly goes, "Mom are we going to go for a walk? How about now? How about now? Mom? Mom? Mom!!!"- imagine all this conveyed through body language and jumping up and down and you'll have a good visual for what my life after work looks like every day.

@ngolden3320 Sounds like a great NSV with the cake and the activity through laundry! I hope your washer gets fixed soon!

@lovematthewchristopher Congrats on the new coat!!! That's over 4 sizes of loss, this is fantastic!! I hope you keep an article of clothing around to remind yourself of how far you've come and how fantastic you are doing in your journey!

I got up the bravery to try Krav Maga last night and I had a really good time. The gym is owned by the nicest couple! They invited me back on Thursday to try another class before I commit to a monthly membership (which is really reasonable). It's not a huge calorie burn since there's a lot of instruction in between drills for safety but I liked the movements and the social interaction of it all. I have to remind myself that activity doesn't have to be intense to count. Plus I need more local friends and this is a great way to start making connections.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 Awesome! I took aikido for a little bit to learn self defense and it was tough but fantastic. Wound up being too expensive to keep up but hope to return some day. glad you liked your class!