Short People Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• laurenjennifer1987mfp
    Options
    5ft2" and I have approx 50lbs to lose. I'm aiming to lose most of it by March 2017 :smile: I've been logging for a month now and have mostly stayed on track... expecting a bit of a water gain this week though!
  • Keengetslean
    Keengetslean Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5ft exactly and my target is to lose 1st :)
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    adeluna76 wrote: »
    I'm 4'10 and 36years old, when you are this "tall" every ounce shows. I just joined, hopeing it will help me reach my goal of 130, I am at 204 right now. I can't believe I allowed myself to gain so much. The BMI thing on here said I needed to be at 119 to be normal!!! I just don't see that happening.

Hi I'm your age and 4'11", I've lost 30 + pounds since Nov and want to get down to 120-115. I'm around 132 now and it looks good, better than 165 lol but I don't think the low 100-115's isn't achievable . I want to get into a mid range healthy bmi then see where I go from there, even if it's just maintenance for a while
    The great thing about being short is that weight loss shows quickly on us but the extra weight looks worse.
    I keep more active and that raises the amount I can eat.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm your age and 4'11", I've lost 30 + pounds since Nov and want to get down to 120-115. ...but I don't think the low 100-115's isn't achievable ...
    The great thing about being short is that weight loss shows quickly on us but the extra weight looks worse.

Everyone is different.

I'm 4'11" and I used to think that it was impossible for me to go under 118 because I've never been under that since reaching puberty.
    Also, I thought I would look a LOT different once I get to 115 or lower.
    But last summer I hit 113 and nope, still look about the same as 120; clothes just fit better.

So my new goals are:
    - lose BODY FAT!!!
    - try to get to 105 or even 99#.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    5'3" and have lost around 90lb over the last few years, wanting to lose 20-25 more.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    5'7 here, a bit taller than most of the people in this thread but I'm also male. From what I'm told that's quite short for a guy... I've let myself go very badly- over 250 atm D: but honestly I'm even more insecure about my height. I see so much short-hate for men and it makes me feel awful. I shouldn't ask, but do ladies really hate all guys under 6' as much as they say? I'm wondering if it's even worth the trouble to try and drop the 100 pounds I need to lose...

No, all women don't hate short men any more than all men don't like dating women that are taller than they are. Lose the weight - being attractive to women is the least of the reasons why you should, though it may be the most motivating at the moment.

More importantly (for attracting women), work on your confidence. Looks are only supreme for that first impression anyway. After that, they take the back seat.
  • IlyanaRose
    IlyanaRose Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5'1" here, and hoping to lose 30lbs (SW 161lbs, GW 130lbs). I've lost 8lbs so far, but I can see it's going to be a long road. I just need to remember that I'm nearly 1/3 of the way there already.

I can't see myself looking good at less than 125lbs, so I think that will be my absolute lower limit.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    5 foot 1.5 and trying to lose 33 lbs!

Is that you in your profile picture?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    5'7 here, a bit taller than most of the people in this thread but I'm also male. From what I'm told that's quite short for a guy... I've let myself go very badly- over 250 atm D: but honestly I'm even more insecure about my height. I see so much short-hate for men and it makes me feel awful. I shouldn't ask, but do ladies really hate all guys under 6' as much as they say? I'm wondering if it's even worth the trouble to try and drop the 100 pounds I need to lose...

No...picking a partner based on height is ridiculous. Any woman worth dating will care about who you are as a person, not about how tall you are.

I'm a scant 5'11" and the last guy that I was with was 5'2". As long as we can still dance together, I don't GAF about height.

Stop making excuses and get healthy.
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm short. I have lost weight and I'm still losing weight until I'm at a weight that's healthy or I'm comfortable with. I'm 5' 1" and 150 pounds
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options

My husband is 5'7 & I ❤️ him to pieces! Before him I never dated a guy less than 6', but I love it. He's much easier to kiss than any talk bf's in the past
  • kf1834
    kf1834 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

My husband is 5'7 & I ❤️ him to pieces! Before him I never dated a guy less than 6', but I love it. He's much easier to kiss than any talk bf's in the past

My husband is 5'7" too! Height was never a factor but I'm 5'0" and we look great together. Find a nice short girl ;)

My husband can eat more than I can but neither of us can eat like people 5 inches taller. It stinks but you have to do what's right for you.

Lose weight for you. The right woman will love you for who you are, not your height (or weight)
  • soniaf
    soniaf Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    me @ 5 foot 2. I have lost 14 pounds but weight loss has stopped now. I need to modify my strategy.... I have 30 pounds to go. Yikes.
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    I'm 5 foot. Started a little over 2 years ago now and down 92.4 so far.
  • kf1834
    kf1834 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    To the OP, I have lost 12 lbs so far but slower than I'd like (3 months to get there, with another 22 lbs to go to be "normal" BMI) and once I lose I know I can't just let it go, I still will need to be strict <1400 calories to maintain. It stinks but the discipline makes me proud.
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'2" with a goal of 110. I'm on my way with 10 pounds to go! I weighed 160 after my third child who is now three. Now is my time to kick it into high gear and take care of me.

I've been on 1200 for about two months and lost 7 lbs. I only record exercise calories if I'm starving and go over on calories. It's manageable as long as I focus on tons of veggies and pretty much no junk food as it uses calories and leaves me hungry. I run and elliptical.
  • NotsoBigD
    NotsoBigD Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Started mid January 2015 at 5'3" and 242 lbs. Now at 172 lbs but "grown" to 5'4"! Think that joints and spine were compressed carrying excess weight + I can get a more accurate height measurement now bum fat doesn't get in the way. Would be happy to get down to 147 lbs or less which I've been told would be acceptable for my age (63).
    Even now I'm at my lowest weight since the age of 15.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    JanSmelly wrote: »
    I'm 5'2 and my maintenance is only 1600! So I have to eat low calorie if I don't want to gain. I eat about 1200 and I am comfortable with it. Some people say 1200 is sooooo low and soooo dangerous which is not true.

I am 5 ft and and 101. Yesterday I ate a little over 2000 calories. Being short isn't an automatic low calorie lifestyle.
    True, but it does make it less likely that a low caloric intake will be unhealthy. The rest of the lifestyle plays a big role (for everyone, not just short people).

There is a lot of assumption that because you are short, can't eat a lot. Again, being short doesn't mean you are doomed to 1200 calories for life.

My petite 5'2 self gets on this soapbox quite often. I lost 30 lbs and ate between 1600-1900 while losing and am now maintaining around 120 with a TDEE of 2200. So yeah, it is definitely possible to be short and lose weight eating more than 1200 or maintain on more than 1600. I have a desk job and am over 40 too... ;)
  • skorsk
    skorsk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It is difficult for us shorties to lose because of the lower calories our shorter stature requires.
    For me, my husband is 6'4" and when we eat together I usually eat more..
    Im 5'3" and weigh 145. I want to get back down to 125. I've gained 25 pounds since we married 3 years ago. Im 53.
    I cant mention how many calories I stay under because it's considered dangerous information on MFP and ill get a warning. But I will say I haven't lost 20 pounds in a week as some have posted here. I lose around 1-2 pounds a week. Im also a certified personal trainer.
  • acamp88
    acamp88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    4'10" struggling with keeping the weight off. Tips? Please?