Biggest gym pet peeves..

Options

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    • People doing rows on the bench press benches. There's like 8 benches by the dumbbells for that.
    • Anything but squats in the squat rack (using the bar for deadlifts is alright as long as no one is waiting to squat).
    • Circuit people in the weights area. You know the kind that has 4 sets of dumbbells, 2 machines and a bench monopolized for over a half hour.
    • The entourage. There always one huge dude that has a posse of 4-5 people who just seem to follow him around and watch him work out. Maybe one or two of them will work in every now and then but mostly they just seem to watch.
    • The girl who thinks every dude is hitting on her. I'm just asking if you're using that flat bench.
    • The people who manage to turn a 4 person stretching mat into a 2 person mat.

MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    Gum chewers, I'm overly sensitive to smells.
    I'm an unapologetic gum chewer. I tend to grind my teeth while exerting myself so the gum acts as a mouthguard and prevents me from ruining my teeth (without looking like a weirdo by actually using a mouthguard). Plus it's just a normal spearmint flavor.

Glad it helps you, but smelling spearmint (or bubblegum flavour) has ended my workouts because of the nausea it induces. Sorry you grind your teeth.
  • ladymuaythai
    ladymuaythai Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    :lol: okay well... lol. Oh man. I might lose friends on this one.

The try hards. Why are you wearing a full face of makeup and a club outfit? We're at the gym babe. But still...you look cute I guess.

The pickup artists. "Don't I know you?". No you don't fukin know me, I'm here to work out...get away from me, I will never be your gf and if I wanna be I will stare at your backside for several seconds straight. Bye.

The selfie takers. You're not getting any uglier keep working out or gtfo of my mirror space.

The lazies. You're lifting 20s why the hell can't you re rack your weights? Lazy fuk

The slammers. If you need to drop the bar against the ground that hard, perhaps the weights too heavy? Thank you now I'm deaf.

The dirties. Okay fine we all sweat. But for the love of Christ, clean your machine when you're done. I'm not a lover of your *kitten* sweat. Thanks.

The end :heart:

Lmao.

mza3pmysnrb2.jpeg

That was soooo funny!!!

LMAO ya I got all intense and shite :lol:
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The 5 or 6 old timers that play grab *kitten* for 2 hours x 3 days a week. And half of them grab several stations at once. Why the hell do you insist on putting in 5 reps on the bench press and leave your *kitten* all over it, then walk round the basketball court twice, jump in the air on the triceps push down to get momentum, swing barbels for a curl - THEN REPEAT the process?

Then your buddy brings some crappy Bluetooth speaker and plays god awefull crap while lifting. Gwen Stephanie songs, Uptown Girl, Go-Go's. And says he's spent weeks working on the play list.

Your other grab *kitten* buddy has a flat bench covered with barbels in front of a preacher bar he filled but is doing pushu-us in the squat rack in between sets on the bench press.

Damn-it, now I'm pissed off again.
  • goofyrick24
    goofyrick24 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    When I can't stop farting while on cardio equipment!
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The people who are taking up space and equipment and are ON THEIR PHONES THE WHOLE TIME. Passively letting the elliptical whirl around while texting, or WATCHING A MOVIE WHILE USING THE ROWING MACHINE WITH only ONE ARM. Are you flipping kidding me?

People who use their time at the gym to talk on the phone. I am tryin to get in my zone, and you're 3 feet from me on the next machine over blabbing about your grades/weekend/blah blah blah.

The guy who makes rude racial comments at me while I'm working out. Really? That's your best flirting tactic. And...have you checked out my ring finger, or do you not care?
  • YaGirlMaddi
    YaGirlMaddi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    People that hog the squat rack ! And when people hold on the the consol on the treadmill while doing incline.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i dont think legally i am allowed to answer this because i go to THE non judgmental gym :)
    • there is a guy who wears wingtipped shoes with his gym outfit to workout
    • people that do not wipe down the equipment
    • the sniffing/flirting/ that goes on, christ just do your goddamn exercise and get the hell out
    • act normal in the dressing room, youre not a quick change artist and if you happen to see another mans junk it will not turn you instantly gay

but my number one peeve is people who talk to me. i have headphones in for a reason and it is not to see how easily i can remove them to ask you to repeat your question
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    There is one chick at the gym that ANY and I mean ANY type of weight training she does she MOANS and GRUNTS..... and it does not matter if it is 15pound dumbells or a 45 plate. I know working out is euphoric .... but come on we all don't want to hear you fake an orgasm every time you curl.....

• erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    There is one chick at the gym that ANY and I mean ANY type of weight training she does she MOANS and GRUNTS..... and it does not matter if it is 15pound dumbells or a 45 plate. I know working out is euphoric .... but come on we all don't want to hear you fake an orgasm every time you curl.....

I could stand to hear a little more... :smile:
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    1. When I catch people staring at me. I know they aren't checking me out so that makes it even weirder for me.
    2. When I can't get the machine/bench/equipment I want and nothing that is similar is available either so I wander around looking lost trying to figure out what to do instead.
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    People who don't wipe the equipment down, followed closely by gym-advisors: Those folk who feel the need to critique your form/pace/cadence/etc

Oof! I completely forgot to mention the unsolicited advice. I hate it. You would think people would know that everyone hates unsolicited advice.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    erockem wrote: »

I could stand to hear a little more... :smile:

HAHAHA I am sure in a different setting awesome but when I am deadlifting no...... And it is sooo fake sounding ....the whole weight room stops because it is so ridiculous
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I typically go to the gym after work and do not get bothered by anything, but due to an occasional shift in work schedule, I sometimes find myself having to go in the morning before work, there was a group of 4-5 people (probably 50-60 years old that would come in every day at the same time, the one man (I called him the ring leader) would sit down on a machine of choice and the rest would gather around and they would talk to eachother for like 45 minutes and then they would all leave... Not a single weight was lifted, no physical activity what so ever even came close to happening... It was not annoying as much as it was confusing to me. Like it was social hour but they just did it at the gym so they could say that they went? I was baffled.

any how, the only thing that really bugs me is when people don't wipe down their stuff, especially now with cold/flu season in full effect, but that isn't really even an issue when you are a germ a phobe like me because I always wipe everything before I touch it... Just in case.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    strozman wrote: »
    Curling in the squat rack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sprints in the weight room!!!!!!
    Jumping rope in the weight room (blocking people from getting to the dumbells!!!!
    Playing on your phone/talking/hogging equipment for insane amountsof time!!!!!!!!

WAAAAIT!
    I jump rope in the weight room. Between sets.
    Sure beats the bench warmers taking selfies and MFPing between sets!
  • climberpilot
    climberpilot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    -That there is almost never a free squat rack. I've started going at 5:30 am just so I don't have to stand in line to do squats.
    -old man balls. I know it's a locker room and your gonna get naked, but do you really need to have long conversations with your foot up on the bench I'm trying to sit on that way??
    -all the beautiful women who aren't hitting on me. Sure, I'm married and pudgy, but I just left all my sweat on the bench your using, and you STILL haven't come over to talk to me! I don't get it!
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    wrong thread :)
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I go at night when there are either very few people there so I don't really deal with the regular peeves. The only thing that's irritated me was one night a guy was in there playing music on his phone insanely loud and yelling so much lol. Like not the lifting weight kind of growling or whatever, he just kept yelling to himself and shouting "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" punching the air and shizz between doing stuff. Like dang ok I know ur pumped but can u simmer down just a lil bit sir
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Oh look, it's this thread again with the same douchey responses. :|

Yep. I am probably going to get flagged for it because it seems someone on this thread is abusing the flagging system.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    @headofphat that is disgusting, but at the same time Hilarious!!!

I don't use the weight room much, but when I do I always wipe the machine down before and after, there are a lot of people that don't clean their sweat off!