Why are some people afraid to leave their FOOD diary open?

Options

Replies

• BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I don't have my food diary open because I don't want to hear about how I eat too much, I eat the same things everyday, etc. I've been criticized because I am a VERY picky eater who tends to eat the same ole things all the time. Plus, I tend to eat A LOT more than most people on this site.

I've gotten a lot of pretty rude and judgemental comments about my food diary when I allowed people access to it.

Am I embarrassed about what I eat? Nope. It works for me and honestly, that is what I care about. I don't tell other people what they should or shouldn't eat - and it seems people don't remember that same respect.

And honestly? I use my food diary for my own needs - so I can go back and look at what I've eaten if I happen to see a big increase or decrease on the scale.

I wonder why people even care if they can see it or not? I don't look at what other people eat unless they ask for advice on what they're eating. I don't go around peeking at what people eat. But, that's just me .. I guess. *shrug*

Good answer, me too!
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Because it's no one else's business. I don't look at other people's diaries, either.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    @Mishy:
    I leave mine open in case someone can get an idea of my eating preferences, and because it keeps me accountable.
    Oh no it's not. It's closed.

My Setting is set to Friends Only; which I consider open.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    With me being new, I didnt even know that was an option.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    why is your diary not public? lol

You can't protest to other peoples diaries not being public then turn around and have yours private also.

I have mine open to friends only. I had an experience where someone emailed me when they read my diary. They criticized me and told me how I should eat and what I should do for workouts. That week was a difficult week financially so I wasn't able to get fruits/veg and he saw the worse day or two I had had. Also, told me I should do cardio for workout, which obviously shows he never even read my exercise because cardio is what I mainly do. From that moment I made it private-friends only.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I leave mine open to the public. I try to eat well so I usually
    don't get criticized. It is a preference and I respect that.
    Although I have seen some pretty interesting diaries I could
    comment on but don't. :tongue:
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Mine is friends only.. If you don't know anything else about me, I feel violated in a way. That's just how I am.

I used to have mine completely private, but my friends can't help support me if they can't see my diary, so I opened it to them.

To each her own, I suppose. Some of us are a little more insecure than others.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I personally treat my food diary like a real diary. I don't share my real diary with anyone either. I do have my diary set with a lock code though so if a friend is really curious I can open it to just them. I believe it is a personal choice.

That and the first time someone would try to "lecture" me because I went to BDubs with the guys and had too many wings and three beers a mod would probably ban me for my reaction
  • kaymayscool
    Options
    :)
  • kaymayscool
    Options
    I agree. :)
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    @Mishy:
    I leave mine open in case someone can get an idea of my eating preferences, and because it keeps me accountable.

By definition that is closed. Open would indicate that is viewable publicly and not just viewable by a closed private group.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I was using this from an app on my android. there are no options to keep it open or closed. It's just there.

Logging into the website from your phone gives you all the same options as using a pc, I change settings on here all the time.

Have a great day!!!

The app and the internet page on your phone are two different things. The APP doesn't allow you to view the forum, change things...etc.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    @Mishy:

By definition that is closed. Open would indicate that is viewable publicly and not just viewable by a closed private group.

I disagree, but thanks for sharing your thoughts.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My diary is private, my profile is private. I don't know you so I don't understand why you feel obligated to know me.

Seriously, why do people care? Geez.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I was using this from an app on my android. there are no options to keep it open or closed. It's just there.

Logging into the website from your phone gives you all the same options as using a pc, I change settings on here all the time.

Have a great day!!!

The app and the internet page on your phone are two different things. The APP doesn't allow you to view the forum, change things...etc.

Exactly that's why I log into the website using my Droid phone instead of using the app to make any changes or anything else.

Sorry was just trying to help.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    My diary is private, my profile is private. I don't know you so I don't understand why you feel obligated to know me.

Seriously, why do people care? Geez.

Yes! THIS! My profile is private too. If you are interested in getting to know me, want to see my food diary, etc - friend me. I'll be more than happy to share with you then.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    because its a diary...its my diary, i make notes in there and don't want it open to all and Sundry...no thanks. If ever I run into a problem with my weight loss and ask for help then you will be more than welcome to sticky beak in my diary but until then it shall remain closed.
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    mines open...I doubt anyone would care enough to comment...lol

martyxxx
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    mines open...I doubt anyone would care enough to comment...lol

martyxxx

Your doggie is soooo cute
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Mine is open Youll need to go back a few weeks to see consistency because I was BAD about logging the last couple of weeks (now back on track) I leave mine open because I am a full believer of still enjoying foods you love in a proper portion size and if it fits in with your cal goals. Doesnt work for everyone but it works for me! And I have received compliments from my friends that they have gotten food ideas from my diary and LOVE to see someone losing weight that still eats real food. I dont mind if someones opinion differs from me, but no one should attack anyone over their diary.

If you post in the forum to analyze your diary though you will get TONS of differing opinions from very passionate people