What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I bought new underwear as the old ones kept falling off and I had to keep pulling them up at work lol...not good when I am at the front desk.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Ponkeen wrote: »
    Yesterday at the gym I caught myself (unfortunately) falling into that worst of bad habits; comparing my body to other people's bodies around me. I was feeling plump (I've lost 50 lbs, but have another 30, maybe 40, to go until I'm where I want to be), I was feeling short, round, half invisible, plain Jane, out of place, just a big walking blah.
    Then I powered through 2 back to back hour long workouts (vinyasa yoga and mixed martial arts cardio), and broke less sweat than either of the instructors. The second instructor, upon finding out that this was my first class with him, said "it's okay if you need to stop halfway through." Not only did I not stop, I kicked *kitten* and busted out at 100% for the full hour (two full hours, counting the yoga). I walked out of there and went on about my day.
    Plump or not, overweight or not, right now I'm in pretty good shape if I do day so myself.

You are KILLING IT! Nice!
  • NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    WTG!!
    What part of NH are you in? I'm near Lebanon
    [/quote]
    Thanks NH_Norma.
    We used to live in NH, first in Dover and then Brookline, but moved to Indiana in 1995.
    When I signed up for MFP I couldn't get the user name I wanted and since New England will always be home I opted for the name I am using.

Neal
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    My cousin saw me for the first time since I dropped a significant amount of weight and reacted with a double take and a little dance and a "holy f***balls, what did you do?!" It was all quite hilarious.
  • Xxlune
    Xxlune Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I finally got myself to do some workouts. Even though it was inside the house, and only 30 minutes at a time, I did something!
    I hope that I will continue now that my roommate is back from holiday, so there will be someone to see me being idiotic while trying to do cardio/kickboxing..
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hit 15Lbs down today total today.... Every pound counts but those 5'a and 10'a just seem to mean more
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Xxlune wrote: »
    I finally got myself to do some workouts. Even though it was inside the house, and only 30 minutes at a time, I did something!
    I hope that I will continue now that my roommate is back from holiday, so there will be someone to see me being idiotic while trying to do cardio/kickboxing..

For sure! I was in that boat for a while, very embarrassed. Roommate ended up joining me!
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    a friend died and someone suggested I walk off my loneliness and sorrow. I did, good idea

I'm so sorry.....all we can do is manage the grief and I'm glad you are doing it healthfully
  • brigg9
    brigg9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I dropped a pant size a couple of weeks ago. Now needing new jeans, I went out and bought some really nice ones this past weekend. I took them home, washed them and put them on today...they're loose already.

It was an expensive victory, but I'll take it!!!
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I ended up being uncomfortable last night because of how I was sleeping on my side, one of my hip bones was pressing into the mattress really hard and it woke me up because it hurt - I remember my grumpy, half asleep thought: "@%!$ NSV" LOL
  • KpopGrad92
    KpopGrad92 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I bought american eagle size 10! I actually tried the 12 and I felt them slide a bit! I had to ask the sale associate for a smaller size! I don't know the last time I did that! Like I felt comfortable enough to hand my jeans to a teenage boy sales associate and ask him to get me a smaller size!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Dropped to a size 10 jeans and size 6 panties. I am starting to think i might be an 8 when done.
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My most recent nsv is better sex 120# lighter it's easier to do and enjoy
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Ensuing sprint after a friend who had been eating chocolate in front of me and a friend (just teasing each other, I didn't want it - also nsv). He didn't think I would run after him. I didn't think I could run that long after him. It was great. :smiley:
  • jacki865
    jacki865 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I fit into a pair of size 14 jeans. Kinda tight when I sit down yet thats how my size 16 jeans used to fit me when the year began
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The larger belt that I bought when I was really frustrated at how my old belt didn't fit anymore- that belt is now too large for me!
    Time to go back to my old, pre-most-recent-gain belt!
  • bubbajoe1066
    bubbajoe1066 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    just for chits and giggles i purchased a size 40 jeans... haven't been able to fit in that size in years... guess what?... they fit... room to spare... OMFG!!!! they fit!!!!!!!! 48lbs lost ...man it feels good
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I was preparing myself for job interview and I wanted to have my outfit ready for next morning. I tried on two shirts, which were too tight before and they were falling off me! They looked on me like older brother's baggy clothes. So in the morning right before my interview I had to RUN to the shop to buy shirt lol. Very stressful but made me so happy :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!