What did you eat for breakfast?

Gm.. I'm trying to boost protein in my diet. This morning I had boiled eggs and toast. What so you guys have? What are other great protein rich options to have for breakfast?

Replies

• DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    I had corn flakes with 1% milk and 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese. I recommend cottage cheese for protein if you can handle the bland-ness of it. Some people like to mix fruit in, but I prefer it by itself.
  • lizziexboredom
    lizziexboredom Posts: 16 Member
    I usually make a smoothie, throwing in whatever produce I have and then adding extras as needed. Personally, protein isn't an important macro for me to watch for, but I have been known to add a few scoops of protein powder if I need a boost. This morning was spinach, blueberries, a green apple and some coconut water. A good protein powder is great to have on hand. They often contain other things as well, such as antioxidants or other awesome micros. Obviously is best to get protein from food, but your levels concern you, getting a bag might help.
  • lilkimi525
    lilkimi525 Posts: 1,107 Member
    I had slice of toast with tablespoon of coconut oil..... Sliced apple with cinnamon and 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt. Coconut water
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I eat soft boiled eggs on toast a lot. I pretty much alternate it with overnight oats, which I make with protein powder.
  • tarboro84
    tarboro84 Posts: 26 Member
    I usually make a smoothie, throwing in whatever produce I have and then adding extras as needed. Personally, protein isn't an important macro for me to watch for, but I have been known to add a few scoops of protein powder if I need a boost. This morning was spinach, blueberries, a green apple and some coconut water. A good protein powder is great to have on hand. They often contain other things as well, such as antioxidants or other awesome micros. Obviously is best to get protein from food, but your levels concern you, getting a bag might help.

I ads extra protein to control my appetite and it really works for me. If I don't have protein I will be really hungry which usually results in me failing my diet and overeating
  • abenhossen
    abenhossen Posts: 3 Member
    Mine is horrible! Hashbrowns from burger king! However, I am not going to let that define my day. I counted those calories and finished my workout. I need to realize that one slip up does not ruin everything and I cannot use that as an excuse to let the rest of the day go!
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Leftovers from dinner. Bacon and egg fried brown rice with some Greek yogurt mini parfait
  • tarboro84
    abenhossen wrote: »
    Mine is horrible! Hashbrowns from burger king! However, I am not going to let that define my day. I counted those calories and finished my workout. I need to realize that one slip up does not ruin everything and I cannot use that as an excuse to let the rest of the day go!

Lol I'm guilty of making those excuses but I'm getting better
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    I had some pizza and a protein shake.
  • ChrisRendon1128
    ChrisRendon1128 Posts: 103 Member
    I had 2 slices of toast smeared with oatmeal lol.. Quaker sells little packets that have 160 calories and 7 grams of protein. And I added a Dannon protein shake (12g of protein) and that fills me up pretty well.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited April 2016
    Yesterday, I had a cheese omelette with reduced fat cheese, a couple of strips of bacon, salsa, a high-fiber tortilla, and a cup of sugar-free soy milk (35g protein). Today I just had the cup of soy milk due to time (6g protein) and will have a couple of clementines, four Ak-Mak crackers, some laughing cow cheese spread, and an ounce of almonds for a big snack around 9:30AM (16g protein).
  • mmovesian
    mmovesian Posts: 15 Member
    Apple walnut oatmeal cup and some coffee. :) Has 8g of protein and oatmeal keeps me full for a while. The coffee doesn't hurt either when it comes to curbing morning snacking. I also make smoothies once in a while with protein powder and whatever fruit I have on hand.
  • FlipFlopGirl_yrg
    FlipFlopGirl_yrg Posts: 1 Member
    This week I'm having hard boiled eggs & 1/2 English muffin every day. Some weeks I'll make scrambled egg muffin cups for the week w turkey sausage & reduced fat cheese in them.
  • KAA1982
    KAA1982 Posts: 90 Member
    I had 2 hard boiled eggs (only 1 with the yolk) and a piece of toast with some avocado and a dash of S&P. Homemade blueberry muffin will be consumed shortly = )
  • waitej64
    waitej64 Posts: 5 Member
    Two slices of wholemeal toast with peanut butter and a cup of coffee.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    I am a big fan of hard boiled eggs. I vary it up, but today I had hard boiled eggs, a hunk of baked sweet potato, and a protein shake (just a scoop of protein powder and a cup of soymilk). Protein is a big struggle for me too, but that combo manages to get me around 47g of protein, plus it's super filling and delicious.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    I had a piece of cookie butter protein cheesecake as a post-workout meal this morning (IIFYM win) and I just ate an Oh Yeah One bar as a mid-morning snack. Both have other 20 grams of protein and are 200ish calories each.

I also really love protein waffles/pancakes and protein oatmeal. Omelets are great as well.
  • NYRhockey00
    NYRhockey00 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Breakfast smoothie. it was delightful
  • tarboro84
    mmovesian wrote: »
    Apple walnut oatmeal cup and some coffee. :) Has 8g of protein and oatmeal keeps me full for a while. The coffee doesn't hurt either when it comes to curbing morning snacking. I also make smoothies once in a while with protein powder and whatever fruit I have on hand.

I gotta try those smoothies!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    tarboro84 wrote: »
    Gm.. I'm trying to boost protein in my diet. This morning I had boiled eggs and toast. What so you guys have? What are other great protein rich options to have for breakfast?

I always feel better if I have a protein-rich breakfast.

My usual breakfast is a 2-egg omelet with vegetables (usually a green like spinach, kale, or chard, plus something else like broccoli or zucchini or asparagus, maybe onions, tomatoes, and/or mushrooms too if I have them on hand). Eggs aren't a huge amount of protein, so I like to add something else with protein on the side. Yesterday I had some leftover white fish (from dinner) so used that, often I have smoked salmon, if you aren't so much for the fishy breakfasts my usual is either low fat cottage cheese or plain greek yogurt.

Today I had my alternative breakfast--steel cut oats with protein powder and berries, with some vegetables on the side. That only works if you aren't adverse to protein powder, of course.