Fav salad dressing

Options

Replies

• MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    @unawind the one I listed comes pretty close!
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Lately I've just been using umeboshi vinegar with a touch of olive oil...so good!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Olive oil and lemon juice.

This is good, too. With a little salt & pepper!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    Bolthouse's Cilantro Avocado

Yeah, this one right here.

• BDWhite72
    BDWhite72 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Any Bolthouse dressing is amazing for both taste and calories. That Cilantro Avocado is amazing but so is Salsa Ranch and Creamy Balsamic .... I have them and love them all.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    OMG I love bleu cheese dressing. Yum.

I usually just make my own dressing with EVOO, lemon juice, a bit of seasoning salt, pepper, dill. Shake well and it will last about a week in the fridge
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I like making my own. There's a ton of recipes over on Pinterest.
  • pickyreverb
    pickyreverb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love good blue cheese salad dressing, but the calories are making such a dent in my daily count. Love to hear what works for you.

Check out the fancy salad dressings displayed next to the bagged salads in the grocery store. There are some made from yogurt that are super tasty and healthy, and about half the calories of traditional dressings (which are more based in oil, buttermilk etc). I use Bolthouse yogurt dressings, and they're 45 calories for 2 tablespoons. They have ranch, caesar, blue cheese, chipotle avocado and a few more I can't think of
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I only buy Marzetti ranch or Cardini caesar dressing. I've been using caesar more lately.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Mine is Poppeyseed salad dressing. I buy a bag of broccoli slaw and add the Poppeyseed to it and it tastes like coleslaw. Mind you I don't like broccoli that much so this my way of getting it in. ;)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I can't have soy, so a lot of dressings are off my list. Right now I'm finishing up Publix's Honey Dijon, and starting on a bottle of Kraft's Greek Vinagrette with Feta. I also have a bottle of Trader Joe's Sriracha Ranch, but as much as I like sriracha it's a bit much.
  • sheltrk
    sheltrk Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I often dress my salad with salsa. Lots of flavor with very little extra calories. Typical salsas have 10-20 calories per 2 tbsp. Sometimes I just use balsamic vinegar--same idea.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I love good blue cheese salad dressing, but the calories are making such a dent in my daily count. Love to hear what works for you.

Lighthouse Opa Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing is pretty good. 60 calories for 2 T.
    I also like Newman's Own Lite Balsalmic Vinaigrette. 45 calories for 2 T.
    Other than that I use regular Hidden Valley Ranch sparingly.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    i use walden farms salad dressing. They are all zero calorie. They have all kinds of flavors, blue cheese, ranch and my my favorite which is called a Super Fruit Balsamic Vinaigrette.
  • Amerane
    Amerane Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Marie calender's has a greek yogurt blue cheese dressing that's 35 calories per tbsp. It's really tasty/creamy. I also like Ken's red wine vinegrette which is only about 60 calories per 2 tbsp and Makoto's ginger salad dressing (just like sushi restaurant salad dressing!) is 80 calories per 2 tbsp. Otherwise I just mix up some of Bertolli's italian balsamic glaze with apple cider vinegar for about 30 calories (1 tbsp glaze, 1/2 to 1 tbsp vinegar).
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Red wine vinegar
    garlic
    chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
    honey
    olive oil
    salt and pepper
    oregano

its soooo good.. we use it for taco salads and skirt steak salads.

http://www.onceuponachef.com/2014/03/copycat-recipe-chipotle-mexican-grills-chipotle-honey-vinaigrette.html
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    I don't really care for any of the light or reduced fat options in creamy dressings, including the yogurt ones. They taste really off to me. Bleu cheese is a favorite of mine so I only use it when I can afford the calories. For lighter options I'll use vinaigrettes. I make my own more often now too.

One reduced fat option I like is Trader Joe's Cilantro dressing. Very tasty.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I used to love Berenstain's Italian Dressing and Wishbone used to make this BLT flavored dressing that was the bomb.

• ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    i use walden farms salad dressing. They are all zero calorie. They have all kinds of flavors, blue cheese, ranch and my my favorite which is called a Super Fruit Balsamic Vinaigrette.

I'm definitely a fan of the Italian. I buy Walden Farms in bulk myself.

• julyrunner
    julyrunner Posts: 79 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    In the fridge right now: Newman's Own Light Balsamic, Light Honey Mustard (really good on avocados), and Light Sesame Ginger (delicious and only 35 cal per serving). Also, Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette, which is on the sweet side and good with the kind of salad that has apples or strawberries and chèvre...

If I'm making a "special" salad to go with dinner, I like making lemon vinaigrette with fresh lemon juice, evoo, good Dijon, some garlic or shallots, and salt, pepper, and sugar to taste. Easy, bright, and fresh.