30 Day Shred - Starting Around June 13th

Options

Replies

• thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Ok - so I couldn't wait to get to level 2...so I skipped D10L1 and did D1L2 this morning. Awesome workout!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Did D1L2 last night - YOWCH! I wasn't prepared to spend that much time in plank position! I had to do a lot of the moves modified but still wound up sweating buckets (which I wasn't expecting, to be honest...)

Does anyone do this barefoot and if so how do your ankles/knees feel? I'm considering going shoeless since my tennies aren't anything special.
  • mathgirl
    mathgirl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm joining in, even if I am way behind you guys :) I finished day 5 of level 1 today and I am considering to start the ripped in 30 days as well.

I like how you can see progress from day to day, in day 1 I did half of the push ups and spent some time just lying on the floor... :P Now I can do them all if I focus really hard. I love this :D
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Did D1L2 last night - YOWCH! I wasn't prepared to spend that much time in plank position! I had to do a lot of the moves modified but still wound up sweating buckets (which I wasn't expecting, to be honest...)

Does anyone do this barefoot and if so how do your ankles/knees feel? I'm considering going shoeless since my tennies aren't anything special.

I have been doing it barefoot. I had no issue with Level one. However, I started Level 2 today and am thinking that I need shoes for Level 2. It hurts my toes to do some of these moves without them.
  • MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    L2D3 done. Can I just say I hate those chair things with a passion? My arms feel like they are 100lbs each when I do that. She's right though, I do feel like I want to die at the end of that workout.
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who has shared their fabulous results! SO GREAT! Keep it up!

As for me, D12L2 is done for me! MrsMills712, I know exactly what you mean about the chair sit things with the "v" arms. OMG, I can't do those properly!

I take back what I said about not sweating as much as level one.. I went swimming in my sweat today.

Okay, piece of advice for everyone, even though Jillian doesn't do those knee circles in warm-up that she did in level one, I highly recommend still doing them because my knees have been killing me the past two days with this level and I think a lot of stress is put on them during this level, so keep it in mind!
  • wisawofgren
    wisawofgren Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    D2L1 completed yesterday.... After running 2.5 miles and a half an hour with a personal trainer, I must say the shred had me sweating buckets.... Looking forward to D3L1 tonight.

Thank you everyone for posting your results so far... VERY encouraging!
  • taurus39
    taurus39 Posts: 26
    Options
    Today is D2L1 I hope I can still join this group I didn't see a newer one. I started my day with a 15 min. workout before I set out to do this one. I have to say it did help me out. I still had a few times where I had to stop and catch up (I smoke , don't help :( , Any way I am pleased to say D2 is over!!! CW- 135.0
    SW - 142.0 -June 13th

GW - 117 Oct 8th.
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    D13L2 DONE 271 calories burned and I HAVE LOST 8 INCHES!!!!!!!!!!!! i was suppost to do my measurments on sunday but I couldn't wait!!!!
  • kateminx
    kateminx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    L1D7 done with a raging headache a three and one year old telling me how easy it is!

Definately feeling it more with the heavier weights!

I have a 9 year old who tell me the same thing! I tell her she should get up and try it with me :laugh:

lol! The worse thing is Evie does and doesn't even get out of breath! Puts me to shame and my youngest kind of bops along and laughs .... not very motivating :laugh:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options

i do it barefoot. carpet in the living room and i would slip! my ankles and knees are fine :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    L1 DAY 7 DONE. i also went to the gym today and did 50 mins of cardio...think my baby belly may finally be going!!!!!! wooo hooo!! my baby is 4mths old so wish it would hurry up already lol x

Hehe - my baby is 4years and a bit and my baby belly is finally going too :wink:

Are we doing measurements for Level 1 as I've done mine and I'm well chuffed :flowerforyou:

mine is nearly there, i have a little bit of loose skin on the bottom which im desperate to get rid of!!!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone.. So we're nearing 500 posts and I've seen a lot of threads get locked at 500 posts, so if that is the case, we will have to start a new thread up for the remainder of the Shred! For reference though, I typed up everyone's username who wanted in on our little 30DS chat/support group! Here's the list:

missxchelly
    bbahmer377
    GemUK84
    wiffe
    mmassey1
    jingly
    rs2361
    peggy1209
    LivisMommy10
    mags2504
    ladybug2020
    vibegirl
    jjmill
    crystalinda
    Serene7193
    Liz915
    mommyoftwins05
    Rubedolove
    bmfrazie
    hbrittingham
    jalapenos
    ak_in_ak
    LindseyC87
    corgifan
    callmefor911
    hush7hush
    Christinichka
    Eviesmum
    elsapm
    KBrenOH
    Boooie
    emmacummin
    sjkbball
    beckiboo
    2stepz
    minnie128
    countrymomdene
    tiggersstar
    liza8888
    crystalslight
    kateminx
    mormas
    CarrieAbbey
    rsrobbins
    emmavisman
    westgre
    peggy1209
    mamato3babes
    Ohiopugmom
    elstein
    MrsMills712
    mackemshazza
    mariababe81
    PDC72601
    beccalucy
    rlynn1150
    chera325
    bcl003
    alys_in_wonderla
    Jessicapages
    dawnrenee567
    jme1282
    skinnysunshinexox
    GemUK84
    bergebl03
    ssc0303
    Floricienta
    wantconfidence
    jme1282
    dbryston6392
    perfectlystill
    jjmill
    yankeelee
    kristygay
    2ht2hand1e
    gentryglenn
    tahitianapple
    penny_eclipse
    Jules429
    Emma1903
    jamontagne
    mistyboggs
    drivelerq
    reneepugh
    mertracey
    kabakken
    bbzbyee123
    elizabethwigger
    BreBre134
    2BabyMama
    ilovecreg120809
    linsical
    lmcharles09
    thamre
    rs2361
    BeachBride2011
    bullriderswife08
    ShannonBas
    mikeyken
    aogundare
    jmtp
    Angela_MA
    cheerleader07
    torregro
    appleskye
    LivisMommy10
    kranstar
    jennfl5366
    kduhon80
    Lynn1315
    kzeffertt
    momofthree_3
    jdub2131
    maisiemum
    ArlVAMom
    taurus39
    kellywiththebelly
    wisawofgren
    jmruef
    mathgirl

Happy Shredding for all today!
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    D9L1 DONE!!! Only 1 more time of level 1...YAY!!!! I'm so excited to move on to L2!! Way to go ladies!! Your all so inspiring! :)
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 1 of level 2 last night, um, I felt really uncoordinated... I guess it'll get better, but yeah, its tough!
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I was feeling all fit and advanced, then I start level 2 and I feel slow and cumbersome. Today was an improvement from yesterday, so as long as I'm working through it and improving, I figure that counts for something! I. Hate. Planks. And the planks+lower body moves KILL ME! I can't go all the way through without stopping. If I can do an entire set of plank-jacks by the end of this 10 days, I'll be happy! (Right now, I'm toe-tapping and can't even make it through THOSE!)
  • aogundare
    aogundare Posts: 12
    Options
    L1D8 done... missed yesterday, my daughter got up @ 6am, never took a nap and didn't lay down until 10:45 last night. By that time I was ready for bed myself.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My mom is visiting, so I haven't checked in for a bit, but finished D2L2 this morning. Despite the ridiculous number of planks in this level, I really like it a lot more than level 1 - my abs are on fire by the time I finish, and I can mostly only follow Anita (once again...after working my way up to following Natalie most of the time at the end of level 1...).

While I don't have my numbers in front of me, I did lose a total of I think 2.5" from Day 1, consisting of 0.5" each in several places (I think bust, waist, arm, thigh and calf). I have to look back on my own advice though, since I've GAINED 2 lbs since starting (grrrr). But, as I said, I was following Natalie at the end of level 1, so the last few days my quads have been extremely sore...I'll mark up the weight gain to muscle swelling and try to get on with it ;-P
  • bergebl03
    bergebl03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    so after 10 days of level 1 I have a lost a total of 4.75 inches!

Day 1

Weight-181
    Arm-14
    Waist-34.5
    Hip-45
    Thigh-28

Day 10
    Weight-180
    Arm-13.5
    Waist-32.75
    Hip-43
    Thigh-27.5

I'm so happy with the results, and I cant wait to see what Level 2 will do to me :)
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 1 - and whoo that was soooooooo much harder than level one. LOLed a bit at Jillian telling Natalie off, but hey just proves its hard doesn't it?

Someone asked about doing it barefoot. I do and have no problems with knees or ankles.