What Other Factors (Besides Nutrition) Help You Succeed?

Options

Replies

• ginalove1960
    ginalove1960 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What helped me was doing a lot of research on the internet for "tips and secrets to losing weight". I found so much information, and so much of it was very valuable and useful.
  • mysunshine136
    mysunshine136 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Being honest with myself - i.e. recording everything in my food diary even when it makes me cringe. :p Forgiving myself if I don't 'nutrition' as well as I should and moving on. :) And remembering that this is a lifestyle, not a diet.
    Defiantly recording everything in my food diary even when it makes me cringe
  • mwinslow69
    mwinslow69 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Realizing that if I wanted to have some reasonable expectation of a normal life while losing this weight I needed to stop lying to myself about how the choices I was making was influencing not just my weight, but my emotional well-being. I needed to accept that the weight was a symptom of so many other issues and that, while I could take the weight off without fixing those, I would still be a miserable cuss, just a thinner one.

Following the no nonsense approaches to weight loss that were sometimes less than gently explained here allowed me to get my head around all the lies and misrepresentations that are spouted by the diet industry and get to the heart of the fact that I have the control, I needed to learn to use it. While doing this, I worked on other aspects of my life that were out of balance.

While I'm only half way to goal, I am much happier with my life and I have confidence that I will get there and be better balanced for it. The friends I have made along the way are amazing and regularly make me smile. They also keep me focused and accountable, and send me hugs (not the creepy kind though) when I need them.
    Realizing that if I wanted to have some reasonable expectation of a normal life while losing this weight I needed to stop lying to myself about how the choices I was making was influencing not just my weight, but my emotional well-being. I needed to accept that the weight was a symptom of so many other issues and that, while I could take the weight off without fixing those, I would still be a miserable cuss, just a thinner one.

Following the no nonsense approaches to weight loss that were sometimes less than gently explained here allowed me to get my head around all the lies and misrepresentations that are spouted by the diet industry and get to the heart of the fact that I have the control, I needed to learn to use it. While doing this, I worked on other aspects of my life that were out of balance.

While I'm only half way to goal, I am much happier with my life and I have confidence that I will get there and be better balanced for it. The friends I have made along the way are amazing and regularly make me smile. They also keep me focused and accountable, and send me hugs (not the creepy kind though) when I need them.

• rdrettig1
    rdrettig1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Also having a COMMITTED workout buddy and intermittent fasting.
  • dice80
    dice80 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I log all my foods two weeks ahead of time. I know it probably sounds crazy but it really keeps me in check. Also, having a plan saves money too.
  • akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Research and self educate if it's foods exercises etc. Helping me find out WHY I need to do X and X has helped me. I have taken it down to cell level science to btw. I wanted to know why and the more I find out the more furious I am with media, doctors, pharmaceutical companies, fast food chains everyone trying to make a buck on things they have surrounded us with. Where if it was an exercise equipment down to false advertising of "lose weight and not change your lifestyle" but now educated I see how they throw a couple vitamins in a medicine cocktail and I see how it's sold. Spark and Wraps are the biggest joke I have ever seen. All you need to do is figure up your bmr every 6 to 7 calories down stay within limits amd move more. Loss becomes slow? Do a refeed. Rinse. Repeat. Simple.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!