ANYTHING other then food to use as fuel??

Options
Food is...well REALLY bad for me. After fighting this fight for five years, I pretty much hate all food in one way or another. I keep pushing under the guise of "I'll get used to eating this crap sooner or later!" but I never do. I'm at the point were I know that just isnt going to happen. Healthy food tastes bad to me, all of it, period. Food that tastes good IS bad for me, all of it, period. Cooking, spices, and so forth have not helped, if anything they have made matters worse. Soooo..... Anyone know of anything I can use for fuel other then food?? Sounds crazy, I know some of you are cringing at the thought of never having food again. But at this point, its what I want, I'm done. Think of it like gas for a car, or kibble for a dog. Its fuel, no more no less. Is there anything I can get, drink, buy that I can use for fuel other then food? Everything I have found out in the wild sounds like new age woo, or just repackaged fad diet.

Simply put desperate people do desperate things...so..anyone have anything?

Replies

• Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Can you let us know what you are labeling as "healthy" food?

I eat delicious food daily, and lose weight. Weight loss is about counting calories, not about eating celery and fat-free cottage cheese. ( i mean, unless that's your thing )
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    We can never get away from food. Our goal is to have a balanced view of the "fuel" that we live by. Keep trying and conquer the taste you feel is "bad" since you know the food you're eating is GOOD. A habit can be formed in 10 days straight. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! B)B)
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with tasty/"bad" foods unless you have an issue such as high cholesterol/diabetes etc. Every single meal doesn't have to be "#instagramhealth". Why not try and move away from "clean eating" and go for moderation? Eat things you like with a side of vegetables.

The only other "fuel" option would be either a) energy syrups/drinks which are mainly just empty calories and can be more damaging than "bad food" or b) a "solent green" style all in one drink - which exists but is disgusting.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I eat 1750-1900 calories a day, depending on how much I exercise. I've lost 125 lbs.

When you eat veggies - do you just steam them? I sautee my green beans and sprinkle them in tarragon and salt and garlic. I puree cauliflower, carrots, fennel, and potato into an INCREDIBLE delicious soup. I steam my broccoli and sprinkle it with 0.5 oz of sharp cheddar cheese. I roast a head of garlic alongside a delicata squash, and spread the garlic on the squash with a bit of salt and enjoy it's creamy amazing flavor.

What do you put on your fish? I make a salmon with a low-calorie miso-soy glaze. I make a tilapia/halibut/trout with a delicious parmesan crust, or a delicious coconut/cashew crust. I make a low-calorie creole shrimp that is out of this dang world.

What do you put on your meats? I cover my pork tenderloin with a jerk seasoning, or a few other pre-made meat seasonings. I do chicken in a million ways, and I like it best in sauces. One of my favorites is a turkish cinnamon-orange sauce with chicken simmered in it, served over brown rice with a dollup of yogurt. Another is a broccoli-chicken alfredo made relatively low-calorie. OMG yum.

I also enjoy venison or bison burgers, flavored with onion and garlic and worcestershire sauce. Yum! I use 1/2 a bun, then a roasted portabello mushroom (if I have it) on the top instead of the top of the bun, or just a piece of lettuce in it's place.

I eat quiche made with mushrooms, asparagus, and pork sausage and cheddar cheese or chevre cheese.

For breakfast everyday I either have 2 eggs with a 1.5 ounce slice of bread and a tiny bit of butter, or a protein smoothie (100% whey protein powder, strawberries or blueberries, 1 banana, 1/2 cup 0% plain greek yogurt). Sometimes on the weekends I enjoy bacon with my eggs instead of bread.

I eat dark chocolate everyday.

I hope this maybe gives you some ideas :)

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I can't fathom how anyone would hate food.. but here you go: https://diy.soylent.com/recipes
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Can you let us know what you are labeling as "healthy" food?

I eat delicious food daily, and lose weight. Weight loss is about counting calories, not about eating celery and fat-free cottage cheese. ( i mean, unless that's your thing )

Ah..yes I guess I should have elaborated. By healthy foods I mean things like.. veggies, fruit, lean meats like fish and poultry, whole grains (I eat oatmeal for breakfast most days), and low fat diary like the cottage cheese you mentioned.

As far as calories I'm a 6'3" guy, tipping the scales at 205 pounds. My daily calorie goal is 1700 or less per day. From past experience that seems to be the tipping point for me. Sadly that means I'm HUNGRY 24/7, but one issue at a time I thinks.
    (That list of "healthy" foods by the way would do me in too. I would rather stop eating than have to eat that all the time so I can empathize.)
    I agree that Soylent Green might work for you for a while. You can eat that four or five days a week and eat whatever you want the other part of the week.
    https://www.soylent.com/
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I can't fathom how anyone would hate food.. but here you go: https://diy.soylent.com/recipes

Breast me to it.
  • donalynvaughn
    donalynvaughn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Have you tried looking at a different type of diet - one, for instance, where you eat lots of fats, red meat, etc? Check out Abel James' page - http://fatburningman.com/. Also check out the ketogenic diet - http://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Grrr, I was going to suggest soylent too :#

I'm not sure if you only eat low fat foods, but if you do, I can understand that you are getting bored. Tat is practically killing yourself from lack of taste. If you eat normal, healthy food (fruit, vegetables, full fat meat and dairy, fish and shellfish, eggs, grains (some of them whole), nuts and seeds, butter and oil), home cooked, appropriately stored/prepared, with the occasional "treat" thrown in - and still feel that you "hate" food, then, yes, I too think you should seek professional help. Therapy.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    i came to suggest soylent too! Damn.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Stop whining, move the weekly weight loss goal to less than 2lbs a week, and stop eating so much. Eat the same stuff you are, whatever you want while keeping your beetus in check. Just less.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    What foods do you like? Can't you just eat those, but less to keep within your calorie goal?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    i came to suggest soylent too! Damn.

I actually tried this recipe (I think) when a friend of mine was on a short-lived soylent kick, and it actually didn't taste as bad as I expected. I would not want to live on it though. Of course he modified it by adding peanut butter and more heavy cream to increase the calories, plus some kind of sweetener, so that might have had something to do with it having an acceptable taste.

He would mix a 2 days worth of shake at night, and eat nothing else for two days, then have keto food for the 3rd. Not a way I would imagine myself ever living.
  • cnurenasue
    cnurenasue Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hear your frustration but this doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing. Eat what you want supplemented with something healthy, like have your steak with all it's fatty goodness with steamed veggies or a salad. Do not eat "lite" anything, but a little less of what tastes good to you. Maybe when you stop resenting the healthy food because you feel "forced" to eat it, some of it might start to taste a little better to you.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Food is...well REALLY bad for me. After fighting this fight for five years, I pretty much hate all food in one way or another. I keep pushing under the guise of "I'll get used to eating this crap sooner or later!" but I never do. I'm at the point were I know that just isnt going to happen. Healthy food tastes bad to me, all of it, period. Food that tastes good IS bad for me, all of it, period. Cooking, spices, and so forth have not helped, if anything they have made matters worse. Soooo..... Anyone know of anything I can use for fuel other then food?? Sounds crazy, I know some of you are cringing at the thought of never having food again. But at this point, its what I want, I'm done. Think of it like gas for a car, or kibble for a dog. Its fuel, no more no less. Is there anything I can get, drink, buy that I can use for fuel other then food? Everything I have found out in the wild sounds like new age woo, or just repackaged fad diet.

Simply put desperate people do desperate things...so..anyone have anything?

Meal replacement shakes- Ensure, Slimfast, probably many others... have nutrition and calories and are not food. Carnation Instant breakfast drink.

I would just eat food I liked mostly and stick to my calorie goal.